Al Gore III arrested

triedit

inimitable
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) — Former Vice President Al Gore’s son, Albert Gore III, was arrested early Wednesday morning in Orange County, California on suspicion of possessing marijuana and prescription drugs, Jim Amormino of the Orange County Sheriff’s Department told CNN.
Gore, 24, was allegedly driving a Toyota Prius at 100 mph on the San Diego Freeway at 2:15 a.m. when a police officer pulled him over. The officer reported that he smelled marijuana and a search of the car yielded less than an ounce of the drug. The prescription drugs Valium, Xanax, Vicodin, and Adderall were in the car as well, police reported.
Amormino told CNN Gore did not have prescriptions for any of the drugs found.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Most likely medicinal marijuana, to go with all the over the counter drugs he didn't have a prescription for. Maybe Al Gore senior will make a movie about it.... "an inconvenient arrest"

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Think he'll get a presidential pardon? *snicker*
Doesn't need one. There are different rules for the ruling class. If he wasn't white and connected he would be in prison by now.

He'll go into rehab then sell the story. That how it works.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Gore Triple has had drug arrests before - but I doubt there have been any punitive results...

I shiver to think there are three Al Gores in our world.

Now Al and Tipper will forget their slimming diets they have been depriving themselves with and go back to gorging on food....their personal addictions.

Such is the life of a politician and family .... it would seem pro forma these days to have at least one drug bust in order to gain admittance to the insider club.

O hello ted....how's yer diet eh?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I guess if millions of 'regular' people's children were NEVER ever arrested for possession of drugs, then
it would be important.
They are 'just' people like us, no better, no worse.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I guess if millions of 'regular' people's children were NEVER ever arrested for possession of drugs, then
it would be important.
They are 'just' people like us, no better, no worse.

But, they are rich and important, therefore fair game for ridicule from all.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Originally Posted by Twila
Does this mean he'll be a president of the US too?
Well, the "I didn't inhale" excuse probably won't work in this case.

No, but getting a pardon from cocaine possession and trafficking worked for Bush Jr

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Nicely put Twila - and Talloola - never miss an opportunity

Let's do some Canadian politicians shall we? Campbell in Hawaii?

The ditzy woman from Edmonton(?) lost in Las Vegas ?

Two Alberta MPs guilty of rape and/or sexual assault?

Pure as the driven snow from the north....aw the joy of it.....

Last edited:

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Its high time they gave up on the failed experiment of drug control anyways. Al Capone was created by the War on Alcohol, now drug lords have money to rival nations and we think our paltry drug squad budgets can combat that?

Its time we looked seriously at the dutch philosophy: A society without drugs may be ideal, but reality shows that drugs are here to stay. Better to take the teeth out of criminal organizations and get the problems of drug addiction out in the open. The money spent fighting men with guns is better spent helping the victims of drug abuse. With drugs legitimized, there is no reason for these organizations to go around shooting people, the police can deal with theft and debt for them.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Nicely put Twila - and Talloola - never miss an opportunity

Let's do some Canadian politicians shall we? Campbell in Hawaii?

Haha, I wonder how many politicians were "guilty" of sex with 14 year olds before we changed the law, which was only this year.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Campbell in Hawaii?

Sure, but careful you don't try to push my roundness into a square peg...

I can't help the truth and I can't say I've ever said Canada is as pure as the driven snow, but if you want to put that hat on my head fine...maybe I can find you a hat for you...