Day of Protest?!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
It appears one native faction plans to block the 401 and rail connections between Montreal and TO. They have indicated they have weapons readied behind the lines, and will start a shooting war if the police try to remove them.........

Sorry.

This is NOT protest, this is rebellion, and must be quashed early and with whatever force is needed.

This is not an action supported by Fontaine and the First Nations organization.

Reactions: Dreadful Nonsense

daisygirl

Electoral Member
May 28, 2007
Ontario
Actually , the leader of the violent faction isn't even Canadian...he comes from the States. My question, why did they allow him across the border if they knew he was here to cause trouble and if he was already here, why didn't they send him back? He led the trouble the last time, as well.

Last edited:

triedit

inimitable
It appears one native faction plans to block the 401 and rail connections between Montreal and TO. They have indicated they have weapons readied behind the lines, and will start a shooting war if the police try to remove them.........

Sorry.

This is NOT protest, this is rebellion, and must be quashed early and with whatever force is needed.

This is not an action supported by Fontaine and the First Nations organization.
Can you suggest what might work instead? They've already waited years on the court system.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
This won't end well. If they do end up using weapons, any public sympathy that they had before will shrivel up and die.

They should realise that the court system sucks for EVERYONE, not just them.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
Personally I'm almost to angry to type!!! Since I am to use that hey this afternoon to go see my parents.Damn!!

Ok let me try to but my personal anger aside for a min.

We have an small group of "get it now" radicals who don't speak for their band in general and certainly don't speak for the first Nations at all.

We have a scared corporation , VIA who feels they must cancel service for the day.
We have the OPP who also closes the 401 before anyone has even shown up.

Damn, if I got 40 people together and closed off some bridge anywhere cause I have a beef with the government, I'd be in jail this afternoon and traffic would be flowing.

Sure the Natives of this country have not had a great deal, nor have they ever done well with money and resorces they have aquired! But thats another story. If the court system is slow for me..I wait...or I take civil court action.

This action by a few will not serve them well. It turns public oppinion away, and with Ontario's wishy washy Liberal Gov. will likely end up like Caledonia...a bus parked across the road and a bunch of Natives milling about for 16 months...

Oh the Joys of the Canadian way eh?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
What does it have to do with the provincial government? Indian Affairs is a federal bureau. Maybe someone from the federal government should get this crap settled once and for all so that this sort of stupidity doesn't happen again.

Personally I'm almost to angry to type!!! Since I am to use that hey this afternoon to go see my parents.Damn!!

Ok let me try to but my personal anger aside for a min.

We have an small group of "get it now" radicals who don't speak for their band in general and certainly don't speak for the first Nations at all.

We have a scared corporation , VIA who feels they must cancel service for the day.
We have the OPP who also closes the 401 before anyone has even shown up.

Damn, if I got 40 people together and closed off some bridge anywhere cause I have a beef with the government, I'd be in jail this afternoon and traffic would be flowing.

Sure the Natives of this country have not had a great deal, nor have they ever done well with money and resorces they have aquired! But thats another story. If the court system is slow for me..I wait...or I take civil court action.

This action by a few will not serve them well. It turns public oppinion away, and with Ontario's wishy washy Liberal Gov. will likely end up like Caledonia...a bus parked across the road and a bunch of Natives milling about for 16 months...

Oh the Joys of the Canadian way eh?

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
It's the provincial government that runs the police. I agree that the land clains etc are federal matters but keeping blockades in check and running peaceful protests are a provincial matter.

The Fed's have already come forward with a new way of dealing with all this, having native leaders as part of the process insstead of hading them a deal and saying take it or leave it. Most native leaders are acceptable to this new process and ready to try it out.

Sean Brant is just a wahoo american militant who has no time for peaceful ways..he thinks "thewhiteman" should pay for years of inaction..