Bradbury/Farenheit 451 re-interpereted

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Might be a good idea to give it another read. Censorship is the obvious theme but Bradbury was on an entirely different wavelength.:smile:

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Now I'm gonna have to go re-read the darned book! Is it possible for an author to misunderstand their own work?

Ray Bradbury, after accepting a Pulitzer Prize, has decided to set the world straight about his most literary work.

http://www.laweekly.com/news/news/ray-bradbury-fahrenheit-451-misinterpreted/16524/

Pangloss

I feel quite pleased with myself! I used to argue with high school teachers about the theme of this great book. I thought it was about a culture addicted to tv.!! How clever I feel to have been vindicated!:)

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I feel quite pleased with myself! I used to argue with high school teachers about the theme of this great book. I thought it was about a culture addicted to tv.!! How clever I feel to have been vindicated!:)

Seriously, Sanctus - you got the point of 451? I'm starting to think he was too subtle if he mislead that many readers. . .

Maybe I'm just being defensive. . .

Pangloss

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
not really, he didn't misread any readers.

The connections aren't that strong to its "original" teaching. Most people need to have the Teacher lay out for you, exactly what it means about censorship.

Basically, one critic decided this is what the book meant to him, was vocal..and had teachers teach whole generations "thats what it means".

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I saw the movie when I was a kid, long before I read the book - the movie was most certainly about, well, the more I think about it, the less certain I am what the movie was about. I do remember it being a rather muddled affair.

Pangloss