Tim Hortons serves up controvery

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Why would natives or aboriginals be upset? I'd think all of India would be in an uproar....

We need to clarify once and for the title. When somebody refers to an indian I'm thinking people from India. Maybe I've lived in Surrey to long.....

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
And time Horton's gets blamed for this? It is not like no one ever tampers with signs. I think I'll order twice as much during the boy caught.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Why would natives or aboriginals be upset? I'd think all of India would be in an uproar....

We need to clarify once and for the title. When somebody refers to an indian I'm thinking people from India. Maybe I've lived in Surrey to long.....

Considering this occured in Calgary, I wouldn't think Asian Indians are the target of the note.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary

And which group of people are you more likely to see stumbling around drunk slurring their words and in need of shower? The sign was of course offensive and it should not discriminant against one group. That said the message is pretty clear.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Why not a boycott of their crappy coffee and sugary dough fried in lard?

Pangloss

It is so good though and at such a good price. Yummmmmm.... I think it was a fat-nazi that tampered with the sign because he/she wants us to all eat rabbit food. lol

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
And which group of people are you more likely to see stumbling around drunk slurring their words and in need of shower?
Are you serious?

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Considering this occured in Calgary, I wouldn't think Asian Indians are the target of the note.

Clearly you say this in jest. Have you been to Calgary. It is not so bad now but I here you use to see a lot more drunks in the city.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
It is so good though and at such a good price. Yummmmmm.... I think it was a fat-nazi that tampered with the sign because he/she wants us to all eat rabbit food. lol

An apple fritter has less fat and calories than a bagel with cream cheese.

I've been eating the bagels because I thought they were, if not healthier, at least less bad.

It's all just junk food.

Pangloss

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
An apple fritter has less fat and calories than a bagel with cream cheese.

I've been eating the bagels because I thought they were, if not healthier, at least less bad.

It's all just junk food.

Pangloss

Some people need calories and besides bagels are just bread. Bread is a staple of the poor. If I can burn off the food shouldn't I be able to enjoy it? Who's place is it anyway to tell me what I can and cannot eat?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
And which group of people are you more likely to see stumbling around drunk slurring their words and in need of shower? The sign was of course offensive and it should not discriminant against one group. That said the message is pretty clear.

Ralph Kline ftw? :lol:

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Some people need calories and besides bagels are just bread. Bread is a staple of the poor. If I can burn off the food shouldn't I be able to enjoy it? Who's place is it anyway to tell me what I can and cannot eat?

Certainly not me s243a - one of the reasons I do so much sports is to work off the beer and pizza. . .mmm, pizza.

Pangloss

snfu73

disturber of the peace
Southern Alberta, you say?? Never woulda thunk it! No way...uh uh...not in Alberta of all places...the province that has built itself on tolerance, understanding, respect and liberal values. Oh no, I just can't believe it would be so. Not in this province.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
In theory, nobody should be drunk. It is the Drive-Through window.

Has Tim Horton's made a statement or taken disciplanary action? Seems to me that such a sign would not be corporate policy. A boycot would serve what purpose? Has anybody asked them to take the sign down?

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
maybe they'll put in fine print, as an afterthought, "or white people", to hedge their position. but as doug has pointed out, being drunk in a drive-thru is a no-go to begin with. If you're driving drunk you're an idiot, so the sign should plainly state 'No Drunken Idiots - period!'

Dave on the other hand, is like, drunk driving through life, with no consideration for anyone else whatsoever. Some Buddhist. riiiiiiiiiiiiiight grasshopper

:?\