CBC Bias Reaches New Heights - Insulting Catholicism--compared to Little Mosque......

westmanguy
Yep by 2009 no limits on commercials.

They did this in agreement that they refuse to charge for networks like CTV and CBC on cable.

earth_as_one
The CBC is a Canadian institution as well as a service. I listen to it all the time. The news is almost as good as the BBC, the talk show hosts on radio are mostly intelligent and thoughtful, Quirks and Quarks is an awesome science show. Ideas covers the entire sprectrum of thought.

Compare the CBC with what you get in the US. With the exception of the PBS, there is not much intelligent on their airwaves. American "News" has become little more than infotainment, infomercials and brainless propaganda. Evangelical and extreme right wing nut cases dominate the talk show programs. Nearly every radio station has identical programing so you if you don't have satellite radio, you can only listen to same idiot rant about the "librul" media, "supporting the troops" and "God Bless America" while driving from Mississipi to Minnesota or turn the radio off.

I am grateful Canada has the CBC. The US is an example of how not to regulate the airwaves. Most people in the US have lost the ability to think for themselves. Most Americans don't have their own opinions. Their opinions are programed into their mind through propaganda pretending to be the "news". Its really sad.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I am grateful Canada has the CBC. The US is an example of how not to regulate the airwaves. Most people in the US have lost the ability to think for themselves. Most Americans don't have their own opinions. Their opinions are programed into their mind through propaganda pretending to be the "news". Its really sad.

So, now this is a, "Americans, I hate the bastards." thread.

darkbeaver
I have been listening to CBC for a long time. In the last year I have noticed a distinct decline in it,s programming. It interviews too many knobs from American think tanks and generally does a poor job similar to CTV. It has become a mouthpiece for Neocons and thier corporate stooges.
Last sunday I listened to Micheal Enwright interview Richard Dawkins. When will Enwright the idiot retire? Over the years I,ve heard him destroy interviews with interesting guests mainly because he,s a technicle ****head. Jazz is his thing, he should never be allowed to talk to a techy.
The CBC isn't my favorite anymore, it's been turned and compromized, ruined, silenced and debauched. Allah help us all.

earth_as_one
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

So, now this is a, "Americans, I hate the bastards." thread.

I like Americans in general. I just don't think Americans have many real new sources anymore. The original three (ABC, NBC and CBS) are no better than CNN which tends to focus on the trivial human interest stories and rehashing government propaganda. All American news and media seem to be devolving into variations of FoxNews, evangelical nutjobs, mindless sitcoms and Jerry Springer programing. The only real news which has elements of truthiness in the US are the Daily Show and the Colbert Report. 99% of the rest of American programs are about diverting people's attention from important issues and propaganda for herding the sheeple.

This thread is on the CBC's alleged political correctness except when it comes to Catholics. Some people here would like to see CBC taken off the air. I was pointing out that this would lead Canada down the same unfortunate path to where American news is now. Americans have my sympathies.

If you want to debate this further, perhaps you could start a string on the role of the media in manipulating the electorate.