Best Man

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Indian groom too drunk to wed, so brother steps in

Mon Apr 30, 2:59 AM ET

PATNA, India (Reuters) - Villagers at a wedding in eastern India decided the groom had arrived too drunk to get married, and so the bride married the groom's more sober brother instead, police said on Monday.

"The groom was drunk and had reportedly misbehaved with guests when the bride's family and local villagers chased him away," Madho Singh, a senior police officer told Reuters after Sunday's marriage in a village in Bihar state's Arwal district.
The younger brother readily agreed to take the groom's place beside the teenage bride at her family's invitation, witnesses said.
"The groom apologised for his behaviour, but has been crying that word will spread and he will never get a bride again," Singh said by phone.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Indian groom too drunk to wed, so brother steps in

Mon Apr 30, 2:59 AM ET

PATNA, India (Reuters) - Villagers at a wedding in eastern India decided the groom had arrived too drunk to get married, and so the bride married the groom's more sober brother instead, police said on Monday.

"The groom was drunk and had reportedly misbehaved with guests when the bride's family and local villagers chased him away," Madho Singh, a senior police officer told Reuters after Sunday's marriage in a village in Bihar state's Arwal district.
The younger brother readily agreed to take the groom's place beside the teenage bride at her family's invitation, witnesses said.
"The groom apologised for his behaviour, but has been crying that word will spread and he will never get a bride again," Singh said by phone.

amazing. How kind of the brother to step into his brother's shoes:)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
They could try polyandry.;-)

Hmmm.... while polyandry can be a lovely idea (I'm currently taking applications for hubby #2), I can't imagine it working well in this situation. Have you ever seen brothers share a toy nicely? I haven't.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
Who ever still standing gets to marry the bride.

Sounds like a good idea for a reality show

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Hmmm.... while polyandry can be a lovely idea (I'm currently taking applications for hubby #2), I can't imagine it working well in this situation. Have you ever seen brothers share a toy nicely? I haven't.

I thort women enjoyed being fought over...:lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
one would come out dominant.... remember caine and able......8O

And see, that would defeat the whole purpose of having two husbands. You need two men who can share, can cohabitate, and can work together to build a strong family unit. Not men who constantly want to kill eachother! lol.