Best Man

karrie
Indian groom too drunk to wed, so brother steps in

Mon Apr 30, 2:59 AM ET

PATNA, India (Reuters) - Villagers at a wedding in eastern India decided the groom had arrived too drunk to get married, and so the bride married the groom's more sober brother instead, police said on Monday.

"The groom was drunk and had reportedly misbehaved with guests when the bride's family and local villagers chased him away," Madho Singh, a senior police officer told Reuters after Sunday's marriage in a village in Bihar state's Arwal district.
The younger brother readily agreed to take the groom's place beside the teenage bride at her family's invitation, witnesses said.
"The groom apologised for his behaviour, but has been crying that word will spread and he will never get a bride again," Singh said by phone.

El Barto
Keep it in the family I say

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

Keep it in the family I say

Well, if one brother from the family was good enough, then the other ought to be as well.

El Barto
Who ever still standing gets to marry the bride.

karrie

I wonder who got the older brother all drunked up in the first place? I smell a scheming little bro. lol.

TenPenny
I went to a nude wedding once....missed being "best man" by 1/4".....

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

LOL. Nice.

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Guess you weren't "up" it

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Indian groom too drunk to wed, so brother steps in

Mon Apr 30, 2:59 AM ET

PATNA, India (Reuters) - Villagers at a wedding in eastern India decided the groom had arrived too drunk to get married, and so the bride married the groom's more sober brother instead, police said on Monday.

"The groom was drunk and had reportedly misbehaved with guests when the bride's family and local villagers chased him away," Madho Singh, a senior police officer told Reuters after Sunday's marriage in a village in Bihar state's Arwal district.
The younger brother readily agreed to take the groom's place beside the teenage bride at her family's invitation, witnesses said.
"The groom apologised for his behaviour, but has been crying that word will spread and he will never get a bride again," Singh said by phone.

amazing. How kind of the brother to step into his brother's shoes

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctusView Post

amazing. How kind of the brother to step into his brother's shoes

I don't think it's the shoes he was getting into.....

eh1eh
They could try polyandry.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

They could try polyandry.

Hmmm.... while polyandry can be a lovely idea (I'm currently taking applications for hubby #2), I can't imagine it working well in this situation. Have you ever seen brothers share a toy nicely? I haven't.

eh1eh
I not used to sharing.

gc

Sounds like a good idea for a reality show

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by gcView Post

Sounds like a good idea for a reality show

Just what every woman wants when eliminating suitors... to find the man who can drink the heaviest. lol.

Stretch

Hmmm.... while polyandry can be a lovely idea (I'm currently taking applications for hubby #2), I can't imagine it working well in this situation. Have you ever seen brothers share a toy nicely? I haven't.

I thort women enjoyed being fought over...

El Barto
whole new meaning to the best man, he was the better

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by StretchView Post

I thort women enjoyed being fought over...

On the short term, yes. A lifetime of it, not so much. Your arms get sore from being in the middle of the tug-o-war all the time. *lol*

Stretch

On the short term, yes. A lifetime of it, not so much. Your arms get sore from being in the middle of the tug-o-war all the time. *lol*

one would come out dominant.... remember caine and able......

karrie

one would come out dominant.... remember caine and able......

And see, that would defeat the whole purpose of having two husbands. You need two men who can share, can cohabitate, and can work together to build a strong family unit. Not men who constantly want to kill eachother! lol.

Stretch
AHHH... you mean 2 bi guys and a female "friend" with benefits

karrie

AHHH... you mean 2 bi guys and a female "friend" with benefits

No no.... bi isn't necessary. It works, but it's not necessary. Two busy, non-territorial men will work.

able
Why bother with the brother, just marry any guy walking down the street. That way you don't have to waste time getting to know him. Hopefully, the dowry was adequate, that way the grooms family wouldn't have to kill the bride. Marriage in India is such a serious affair.

no new posts