"Women's town" to put men in their place


Kreskin
#1
How's this for political correctness?

news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070426/...RHbYXA5K7tiBIF (external - login to view)

BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese tourism authorities are seeking investment to build a novel concept attraction -- the world's first "women's town," where men get punished for disobedience, an official said Thursday.

The 2.3-square-km Longshuihu village in the Shuangqiao district of Chongqing municipality, also known as "women's town," was based on the local traditional concept of "women rule and men obey," a tourism official told Reuters.

"Traditional women dominate and men have to be obedient in the areas of Sichuan province and Chongqing, and now we are using it as an idea to attract tourists and boost tourism," the official, surname Li, said by telephone.

The tourism bureau planned to invest between 200 million yuan ($26 million) and 300 million yuan in infrastructure, roads and buildings, Li said.

"We welcome investors from overseas and nationwide to invest in our project," he added.
The motto of the new town would be "women never make mistakes, and men can never refuse women's requests," Chinese media have reported.

When tour groups enter the town, female tourists would play the dominant role when shopping or choosing a place to stay, and a disobedient man would be punished by "kneeling on an uneven board" or washing dishes in restaurant, media reports said.

The project, begun in the end of 2005, was expected to take three to five years to finish.
Last edited by Kreskin; Apr 29th, 2007 at 11:06 PM..Reason: add link
 
Dexter Sinister
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

"women never make mistakes, and men can never refuse women's requests,"

I think I'd vote to bomb the place.
 
karrie
#3
Wow... what a bad idea.
 
able
#4
Obviously, a budding feminist got into someone's stash, shared it, and found someone dumb enough to think this was a good idea. The next problem is, where do they find really dumb people with money to invest in it. Then comes the toughest part of this cockamammy project, where do they find the male tourists willing to pay money to be humiliated and degraded. I have to wonder if the people involved in this project have been watching North American tv, and believe that the white male here actually enjoys the daily degradation he gets on the wasteland known as normal tv.
 
karrie
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by ableView Post

Then comes the toughest part of this cockamammy project, where do they find the male tourists willing to pay money to be humiliated and degraded. I have to wonder if the people involved in this project have been watching North American tv, and believe that the white male here actually enjoys the daily degradation he gets on the wasteland known as normal tv.


Hmmm.... Affluent business men are into all sorts of submission play. I think they could probably find all sorts of men to frequent their little project.
 
Kreskin
#6
There are North Americans who live this kind of lifestyle. I wonder if they would find this appealing.

What is "kneeling on an uneven board"?
 
karrie
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

There are North Americans who live this kind of lifestyle. I wonder if they would find this appealing.

What is "kneeling on an uneven board"?

I'm assuming they mean a rough board. Bumpy, lumpy, uncomfortable. Sounds like fun. lol.
 
s_lone
#8
Maybe Afghanistan should start its own little business with its 'unique city where women obey to men'...

wow... what a thrill
 
Kreskin
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

I'm assuming they mean a rough board. Bumpy, lumpy, uncomfortable. Sounds like fun. lol.

I'll have to book my tickets. I'll go economy. My wife in first class.
 
karrie
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

I'll have to book my tickets. I'll go economy. My wife in first class.

LOL... I love that.
 
Kreskin
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

LOL... I love that.

Just getting into the spirit Karrie.
 
able
#12
I know that the rich and powerful white male enjoys being subjugated and humiliated on tv, problem is, in real life, that type of person doesn't exist in large enough numbers to fill a phone booth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in China, the men outnumber the women, and they are not degraded as the white male is. How long before the Red Guard, Chinese army or some other liberal faction in the peoples republic decide to make this town the target for the artillery range. Of course, it would make an excellent tank driving facility, and then again, what if the bus is stopped before it gets to the town. That is when all males would be removed from the bus, the liberal minded men who stopped the bus would then proceed to beat them to death. China is NOT North America, they do not take kindly to losing face, and death is a common punishment for drugs or anything else that suits a momentary need. Count on it, if this town does get off the ground, and it doesn't bring in the mental cripples, then everyone associated with the project will disappear. And they won't be seen again. This has to be some kind of sick joke, because China is still a country where death is only a trigger pull away from happening.
 
karrie
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by ableView Post

I know that the rich and powerful white male enjoys being subjugated and humiliated on tv, problem is, in real life, that type of person doesn't exist in large enough numbers to fill a phone booth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in China, the men outnumber the women, and they are not degraded as the white male is. How long before the Red Guard, Chinese army or some other liberal faction in the peoples republic decide to make this town the target for the artillery range. Of course, it would make an excellent tank driving facility, and then again, what if the bus is stopped before it gets to the town. That is when all males would be removed from the bus, the liberal minded men who stopped the bus would then proceed to beat them to death. China is NOT North America, they do not take kindly to losing face, and death is a common punishment for drugs or anything else that suits a momentary need. Count on it, if this town does get off the ground, and it doesn't bring in the mental cripples, then everyone associated with the project will disappear. And they won't be seen again. This has to be some kind of sick joke, because China is still a country where death is only a trigger pull away from happening.

In real life, the men who enjoy being subjugated are probably higher in numbers than you'd ever dream. Until you meet a working domme, you'd have no clue just how much money there is to be made. And men are men are men. Asian men are no different than white men, and their affluent society is just as known for the perversions engaged in. I highly doubt that, if this type of thing is serious, that the tourism authorities are going to start, or be allowed to start, a tourist town which would prompt the rest of the same government to kill everyone involved.
 
able
#14
Is Tiannaman Square so far in the past that it never happened? Make no mistakes, China is only one act away from violent reaction. Those kids in the square weren't putting on an act, they were terrified, and they knew that the lid could blow off, and that blood would flow in rivers. Executions are still common, and justice is swift. If you are convicted in the morning, you will be buried before dark.
 
karrie
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by ableView Post

Is Tiannaman Square so far in the past that it never happened? Make no mistakes, China is only one act away from violent reaction. Those kids in the square weren't putting on an act, they were terrified, and they knew that the lid could blow off, and that blood would flow in rivers. Executions are still common, and justice is swift. If you are convicted in the morning, you will be buried before dark.

I hadn't realized (admittedly I was still quite young at the time), that Tiannaman square had been a tourist trap that the government sprang on unsuspecting students. Or, are you perhaps comparing apples to oranges?
 
able
#16
I am comparing China to China, the lid is lifted slightly, and is suddenly slammed shut. Unfortunately, there will always be those who are smashed by the lid.
 
gopher
#17
Sounds, pukey. Assuming it's true.
 
Zzarchov
#18
I think your forgetting able, this isn't some budding feminist dream, its the local culture there. Its a matriarchal culture.
 
hermanntrude
#19
just another example of sexism by women being seen as funny and pleasing.

If men had set up a town where women weren't allowed, women the world over would be bitching about it
 
Libra Girl
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

just another example of sexism by women being seen as funny and pleasing.

If men had set up a town where women weren't allowed, women the world over would be bitching about it

Master, far be it for me to er... admonish you, but there are many, many places set up around the world where women are not permitted to go... the middle east is one example of where women are not only conspicuous by their absence, but also, in many cases must walk so many paces behind their desp.. er husband. Here in England there are several 'men's clubs' of which women are excluded from... yes, White's does still exist.

 
hermanntrude
#21
exactly. and feminists make a giant fuss about it.

meanwhile people read this article and giggle "arent they cute?" when they're really sexist pigs
 
Libra Girl
#22
Woah... I was just teasing you, not commenting on the op. My mistake. Sorry hermanntrude.
 
hermanntrude
#23
i'm in an immensely dark mood this morning. it's nothing personal.

But this really is one of my pet hates. Women find so many reasons to hate men, and then when women do something men are criticised for the world looks at them and says "aww aren't they cute?" instead of lashing out. which is what i want to do now.
 
karrie
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

exactly. and feminists make a giant fuss about it.

meanwhile people read this article and giggle "arent they cute?" when they're really sexist pigs


Well, pretty much everyone else on here said what you said Herm... that it's reverse sexism and a bad idea. So, I wouldn't get too upset over it. Sure, some people cracked jokes after stating their opinions, but, we did that with the 'countering feminists' post from youtube as well. We can laugh and poke fun, while still realizing the idea is idiotic.
 
EagleSmack
#25
Reverse sexism happens all the time.

However men WILL go to this place not only from North America but all over the world. Women make a fortune dominating men. They had a woman who dominated men on the radio and that is how she paid for college. The Chinese know how to make a buck and believe me, nothing happens there w/o their government knowing about it.
 
#juan
#26
Funny. I thought in China, men were the rulers, and the women only walked ahead of the men in minefields. I could be wrong....
 
TenPenny
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Funny. I thought in China, men were the rulers, and the women only walked ahead of the men in minefields. I could be wrong....

No, you're not wrong. Baby girls are valueless, for example, tossed out in the streets because they aren't boys.
 
able
#28
I was hoping I wouldn't have to tell the girls this, but boys are the social security system for Chinese parents. They are only allowed to have one child, and if it is a girl, the mother immediately smashes its brains out against the nearest rock. The alternative, would be to have no one to care for them in their old age, this is why males outnumber females, in fact, it has become difficult for men to find women to marry. juan, you are close to my age, what has happened to the everyday knowledge concerning China that we got on a regular basis. There are times when I think the younger crowd actually believes China is some kind of misunderstood democracy. I can't imagine that our Korean war vets would make that mistake, all they would remember were the human wave attacks that overran their positions, and men would be fighting with bayonets, entrenching tools, or rifle butts in order to survive. Gouge their eyes out, spit in their faces, kick em between the legs, anything to live for one more breath. Now, China is this enlightened country that Hillary Clinton had to make condemnatory speechs about concerning its treatment of female babies. When did people stop learning about other countries?
 
Libra Girl
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by ableView Post

...and if it is a girl, the mother immediately smashes its brains out against the nearest rock.

I simply cannot believe this... surely no Mother could do that to her baby. Maybe in isolated cases...
 
able
#30
Sorry to pee on your parade Libra, but that is the norm. Parents without a son, have no one to care for them in their old age. If you have a daughter, then you are virtually assured of abject poverty in your declining years. If your daughter is married, then the family resources have to support his parents, after all, there is only so much to go around. I thought this was common knowledge. The farther you go from the built up areas, the less females you will find. Who will be able to put in a better day on the land, that alone decides which gender will survive.
 
no new posts