Al Gore slams Tories' new environmental plan

CTV News

Executive Branch Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.ctv.ca
Former U.S. vice-president Al Gore has joined the chorus of critics slamming the Conservatives' new environmental plan, calling it a "complete and total fraud."

More...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
So how do you like that one Canada? The environmental Golden Boy is bashing your country.

Speaking of fraud... how do you like his Carbon Credit scam?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
So how do you like that one Canada? The environmental Golden Boy is bashing your country.

Speaking of fraud... how do you like his Carbon Credit scam?

What you missed here is that Canadians, for the most part agreed with Kyoto. Most Canadians knew there would be some sacrifice. Pay some now, or pay a lot more later.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
How did I miss it? I really do not think Kyoto is relevant in THIS thread. Don't get me wrong, I love talking about the failures of Kyoto and how it is just a way to squeeze money out of developed nations (except China and India) to give to undeveloped nations for them to waste.

All I see is Gore telling Canadians that they are a bunch of frauds... in so many words... after you all worship the ground he walks on.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I don't worship him. He's just another privileged, connected politician, who says one thing and does another. He's no better than any other, and like all politicians from any country, telling a foreign country what to do carries no credibility.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I don't worship him. He's just another privileged, connected politician, who says one thing and does another. He's no better than any other, and like all politicians from any country, telling a foreign country what to do carries no credibility.

I could not agree with you more. I have been saying this all along. He is better telling other people what they should do while burning as much energy and resources as he can to fuel (pun intended) his luxurious life style.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Holding a massive rock concert to promote energy efficiency and saving the planet seems, well, stupid is the word that comes to mind. Like holding an orgy to promote marital fidelity.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Former U.S. vice-president Al Gore has joined the chorus of critics slamming the Conservatives' new environmental plan, calling it a "complete and total fraud."

More...

perhaps gore can explain why mars is looking like losing its southern ice cap...due to climate change.....

Climate Change Hits Mars; May Lose Ice Cap
Mars is being hit by rapid climate change and it is happening so fast that the red planet could lose its southern ice cap, writes Jonathan Leake. Scientists from NASA say that Mars has warmed by about 0.5C since the 1970s. This is similar to the warming experienced on Earth over approximately the same period.

Last edited: