Alec Baldwin

Libra Girl
22 April 2007 14:06:31Baldwin apology over 'phone tirade'

Hollywood star Alec Baldwin has gone online to apologise to fans for his furious voicemail message to his daughter Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig", that was broadcast around the world.

"Although I have been told by numerous people not to worry too much, as all parents lose their patience with their kids, I am most saddened that this was released to the media because of what it does to a child," the 49-year-old actor wrote on his website.

"I'm sorry, as everyone who knows me is aware, for losing my temper with my child. I have been driven to the edge by parental alienation for many years now. You have to go through this to understand. I am sorry for what happened. But I am equally sorry that a court order was violated, which had deliberately been put under seal in this case."

A voicemail Baldwin left for his 11-year-old daughter, in which he can be heard calling her "a rude, thoughtless little pig", was published on Thursday by celebrity news site

Baldwin and his ex-wife, actress Kim Basinger, have been engaged in bitter custody disputes over their daughter, Ireland, since the couple divorced in 2002.

"In such public cases, your opponents attempt to take a picture of you on your worst day and insist that this is who you are as a person," Baldwin wrote.

"Outside the doors of divorce court, I have friends, I have respect from people I work with and I have a normal relationship with my daughter. All of that is threatened whenever one enters a courtroom."

Meanwhile, Baldwin's lawyer, Vicki Greene, said she filed a court order "to determine how the tape got leaked and to determine whether actions should be taken against Kim Basinger, or her attorneys, or Harvey Levin (who runs and anybody else associated with the leaking of the tape and the violation of the court orders to keep the proceedings closed".

Ms Greene told TV show The Insider that "anyone involved in this case should want to protect Ireland, so whatever happened was either intentional, reckless or negligent".

The matter was set for a hearing on June 5, Greene said.
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Personally, I despise this type of exposure of what should be a private matter between the parties seeking divorce; not least because an 11 year old girl has been centre-staged into a place no child should be, ever. It must be bad enough for her that the two people she best loves in the world are parting, but that she has had a personal voice mail exposed to the world by the media is appalling. I further believe that the media should be excluded from such court cases. It's not something we need to know, it's personal and private. Moreover, I think that this particular incident of the voice mail has been taken out of context regarding family life. We've all been there... I know I must have frustrated my parents beyond endurance sometimes; as patient, understanding and sympathetic as they were, there were times when, had they not been opposed to such action, I might have been soundly spanked. Certainly I have been called thoughtless by them at times, what child isn't? I remember at one time being called a 'monstrous and precocious little baggage' by an Uncle of mine. I must have been around the same age as Ireland, Alec and Kim's daughter. At no time did I ever believe that I wasn't loved during those periods. With hindsight, I Think I was a little monster at times; again, what child isn't? To expose Alec Baldwin's temporary loss of reason at what must be a very trying and unhappy time for him and his family is totally unecessary, more so just to boost ratings. Despicable!
El Barto
Anything sells, dirty luandry too.
Mine would be too boring, then again I'm not famous.........yet......
I don't feel particularly sorry for him when he calls his daughter a little pig. I don't care how angry a parent gets, that's unacceptable to me. I feel sorry for his daughter.
Seriously? Where you raised by winged cherubs?
Go figure, a Parent calling their kid a "thoughtless pig" / "spoiled brat" / "selfish monster"
In a few years, he should be saying things like "your dressed like a 2 bit *****, go up stairs and change into something respectable"

I mean seriously, what kind of happy pixie fairy land is everyone living in. I have never EVER met anyone who wasn't called names in fights with their parents. Seriously, "rude, thoughtless pig" is pretty good parenting. Most average to bad parents would throw in words like "you ruined my life" and "you were an accident".
No, my parents weren't angels. My dad never called me a pig though. He has more self control than that.
Baldwin may be the daddy jerk of the week, but Basinger is the mommy jerk!

She apparently sold and gave approval for public airing of Daddy's Little Tirade and Tantrum, no matter the impact she made on her daughter.

It was more important in her narcissistic little world - to prove what a bad dad Baldwin is - which the daughter is being taught on a daily basis.

These two should never have created a poor little battered child to vent their personal hysterics upon.

They should be jailed for child abuse. I am not kidding here. They have committed a lengthy traumatic experience for their child and have proven they do not deserve to have any say in her upbringing or care and nurturing, just as damaging as if they had beaten her physically.
It's always interesting when two stupid people who thrive on publicity of any kind (good/bad/insulting/degrading) get into a public spat, and bring their kids into it. Probably neither parent should be allowed custody of the offspring.