Follow up to toddler video fight...

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
Women sentenced over toddler fight

A mother who forced her two toddlers to attack each other with weapons and filmed the fight was spared jail.
Zara Care, with her sisters Serenza and Danielle Olver and her mother Carole Olver forced the two toddlers to punch each other in the face.
The four women also goaded the two-year-old boy and three-year-old girl, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, to hit each other with a magazine and a hairbrush and when one did not fight they called him a "wimp" and a "faggot".
The fight was filmed on a home video recorder and was found by chance by the children's father who is in the Army and had returned from a tour of duty in Iraq.
He saw the camera and decided to look for some footage of his children playing to show their grandparents but instead found the fight and reported it to social services.
All four women, from North Prospect, Plymouth, Devon, had earlier pleaded guilty to child cruelty and were given 12-month sentences suspended for two years at Plymouth Crown Court.
They also were each ordered to carry out 100 hours of community service and banned from working with children.
Passing sentence, Judge Francis Gilbert said he found the film "shocking to watch".
Care, 21, pleaded guilty to causing or procuring the children to be ill-treated in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury. Danielle, 19, Serenza, 29, and Carole Olver, 48, pleaded guilty to jointly inciting the ill-treatment of children.
Investigating police officers described the footage as shocking and said that all of those who had seen it were stunned.
This is all I found, so I don't know who has custody of the children now, presumably the father. Personally, I feel that with that kind of mentality, these four women should not be allowed to have further offspring... they cannot be in contact with children thankfully. What a terrible shock it had to have been for the father when he watched the video, after not seeing his children for months.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
They should like classy woman. :roll::cool:. Is one of them pregnant?

I guess they just want to raise the baddest kids in the whole damn town. Badder then old king kong and meaner then a junk yard dog.

daddyholland

Apr 19, 2007
Seems like a fairly linient sentence to me.....should of atleast got probation time. I wonder whats going on with the children....if social services is going to stay involved? Hopefully so for thier sakes.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
It was a lenient sentence for some very phucked up individuals. Are they representative in any way of their peers in the area?

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
It was a lenient sentence for some very phucked up individuals. Are they representative in any way of their peers in the area?
I don't know Plymouth that well, it is quite a bit further west than I am... One would certainly hope that they are nor representative of any group, in any area.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Just when I thought I'd seen everything. That is just sick..

Dalreg

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2006
Saskatchewan eh!
Maybe next time the judge would order them to fight each other and hit each other in the face with weapons. Maybe it would knock some sense into them.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
They've likely got a long history of meanness. Now that their faces are out there hopefully the police can shake the bushes and get more complainants.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Maybe next time the judge would order them to fight each other and hit each other in the face with weapons. Maybe it would knock some sense into them.

Maybe not. They be the kind of people that the odd scrap is second nature.