What really happened to British Navy boarding party?

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
'There is something very fishy going on. HMS Cornwall is a state of the art ship with a radar tracking system that would have seen the Iranian boats as they left port. Why did the captain of HMS Cornwall not go to cut off the Iranians?. Why did the Gemini boats not fight or at least run away when they saw the six boats coming?. No RN captain would send its people out without protection! Either the captain is an incompetent fool OR he was ordered to stand by and do nothing!’
http://www.davidicke.com/content/view/6342/48/

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Now that would be a good conspiracy. To make it better why not say that the US leaked the position of the soldiers to the Iranians because elements on both sides want an excuse for war?

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
I'm thinking that the Iranians were shadowing the whole way and poised just on their side of the border. When they acted they had more boats, faster boats and more arms. The Brits would have surrendered. If you can't win, don't fight. Then the Iranians would have high tailed back to their side. The HMS Cornwall was not about to start WWIII over 15 sailors, not without standing orders in case of hostilities. Everyone knows this is just saber rattling and Iran thumbing it's nose at the West. Let them have their week of glory in the papers and then they will let them go.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
There may be no defense for the master of the british vessel but I served in that area in the Glf War in early 1990 and it was difficukt to know whose waters you were in due to the changing currents and also the lack of difinitive land marks.Our ship board parties had no clue as to where the line was at and our sole job was to feint a landing to throw Saddams planners off. The tactic worked but then too Iran was rooting for us against their just finished war with Iraq. I feel this is something that is much like the Pueblo caoture off North korea. They knew where the vessel was, They laid in wait and had superior advantage. And when faced with those odds the better part of valor is to yield.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Iran TV shows female navy captive
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]'Iranian state television has broadcast an interview with captured British female sailor Faye Turney and footage of the 14 servicemen seized with her. Leading Seaman Turney, 26, said they had been seized in the Gulf because "obviously we trespassed" in Iranian waters - something the UK disputes. She said her captors had been friendly and the 15 personnel were unharmed.'[/FONT]
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6503657.stm

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
'There is something very fishy going on. HMS Cornwall is a state of the art ship with a radar tracking system that would have seen the Iranian boats as they left port. Why did the captain of HMS Cornwall not go to cut off the Iranians?. Why did the Gemini boats not fight or at least run away when they saw the six boats coming?. No RN captain would send its people out without protection! Either the captain is an incompetent fool OR he was ordered to stand by and do nothing!’
http://www.davidicke.com/content/view/6342/48/

OR, your Sherlock Holmes cap in your avatar has run amok!

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
There may be no defense for the master of the british vessel but I served in that area in the Glf War in early 1990 and it was difficukt to know whose waters you were in due to the changing currents and also the lack of difinitive land marks.Our ship board parties had no clue as to where the line was at and our sole job was to feint a landing to throw Saddams planners off. The tactic worked but then too Iran was rooting for us against their just finished war with Iraq. I feel this is something that is much like the Pueblo caoture off North korea. They knew where the vessel was, They laid in wait and had superior advantage. And when faced with those odds the better part of valor is to yield.

one would assume that the latest state of the art battleship would have the latest sat navigation system telling them exactly where they were....

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
I'm sure they did know. That's why they were standing of a bit. The 15 pushed the envelope not a capital warship. This will blow over soon. Stay tuned to your boob tubes for next weeks international drama.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
An exclusive interview with Faye Turney, hours before she was seized

An exclusive interview with Faye Turney, hours before she was seized
Posted Mar 28, 2007 12:22 PM PST
Category: COVER-UP/DECEPTIONS

How fortunate and a massive stroke of luck that the Independent grabbed this exclusive interview with this soldier.... Its as almost if someone "knew" what was coming and used this great empathy evoking token to full extent. Kinda reminds me of how lucky the BBC was to report the collapse of WTC-7 22 minutes before it actually happened.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article2398883.ece

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So releasing her before she could be rescued would 'wreck the script'? Didn't somebody make a movie about something like that in the last few years?