Neocons in Cheney's Office Fund al Qaeda-Tied Groups ... and No One Cares?

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Seymour Hersh's recent report that Iran-Contra veterans working out of Dick Cheney's office are using stolen funds from Iraq to arm al Qaeda-tied groups and foment a larger Sunni-Shia war is a very big deal.

Let me see if I've got this straight.
Perhaps two years ago, an "informal" meeting of "veterans" of the 1980s Iran-Contra scandal -- holding positions in the Bush administration -- was convened by Deputy National Security Advisor Elliott Abrams. Discussed were the "lessons learned" from that labyrinthine, secret, and illegal arms-for-money-for-arms deal involving the Israelis, the Iranians, the Saudis, and the Contras of Nicaragua, among others -- and meant to evade the Boland Amendment, a congressionally passed attempt to outlaw Reagan administration assistance to the anti-communist Contras.
In terms of getting around Congress, the Iran-Contra vets concluded, the complex operation had been a success -- and would have worked far better if the CIA and the military had been kept out of the loop and the whole thing had been run out of the Vice President's office.

MORE........................
http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/49275/

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Isn't that strange Mr Abrams involved in covert funding of his brainchild, what will dem yankee tink off nex eh. Seem to me that nuthin woulda worked without AL-Kaduh, maybe da ain't de eminy.How come day neber fine dat ole Osamba Bin Hyden.:smile:

Last edited: