Church school renames Three Little Pigs to avoid offending Muslims

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Church school renames Three Little Pigs to avoid offending Muslims[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]'The story of the Three Little Pigs' battle with the Big Bad Wolf has delighted children since it was written more than 150 years ago. But the tale highlighting the merits of hardwork and practicality has become the latest to fall victim to political correctness. A junior school production of the children's story has been renamed the Three Little Puppies for fear of offending Muslims.'[/FONT]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=442555&in_page_id=1770

so that's Noddy, the Gollywog, The 3 little pigs......god knows what else....wonder where it'll all end

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
one place did this. Just one. And i bet they realise it was stupid by now. Anyway the wolf wasnt muslem was it?

If i know UK schools it was some dappy teacher who thought up the idea randomly, didnt have time to think about it amongst the twelve million forms she has to fill in every day and fell asleep during the performance.

This isnt a big deal. Although it is stupid.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
It is an incredibly stupid act. But I hope it's not a harbinger of the future. Acts in isolation have a bad habit of becoming less so. We shall see.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I had thought the title might have been changed so as not to offend those members of the population who were grossly overweight. So, colour me naive.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
A pig is a pig. there's nothing offensive about a pig in a story. there's nothing offensive about a pig except that they're truly the most naked of all animals. they have bums, too