Israel recalls 'naked ambassador'

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6441461.stm

This article made me chuckle. The best part was the police finding him with a gag ball jammed in his mouth. Reminds me of an episode of the Trailer Park Boys.

Israel recalls 'naked ambassador'

Israel's leadership has been shaken by a string of scandals

Israel has recalled its ambassador to El Salvador after he was found drunk and naked apart from bondage gear.
Reports say he was able to identify himself to police only after a rubber ball had been removed from his mouth.
A foreign ministry official described Ambassador Tzuriel Refael's behaviour as an unprecedented embarrassment.
The incident, which happened two weeks ago, has renewed calls for a radical overhaul of the way Israel appoints and promotes its diplomats.
San Salvador was Mr Refael's first post as ambassador. He was promoted in 2006 from a technical position in the ministry which had involved several foreign postings.
We're talking about behaviour that is unbecoming of a diplomat

Foreign ministry spokeswoman

He was being recalled, although he had not broken any laws, foreign ministry spokeswoman Zehavit Ben-Hillel told reporters.

She confirmed that lurid reports of the incident in the Israeli press were accurate.
"We're talking about behaviour that is unbecoming of a diplomat," she said.
Israel has been rocked by a recent series of misconduct and corruption scandals, shaking public confidence in the political leadership.
Haaretz website reports that police found Mr Refael in the Israeli embassy compound where he had been found bound, gagged and naked apart from sado-masochistic sex accessories.
In 2006, Israel's diplomatic service was criticised by the public watchdog for its appointments system.
The state comptroller's report singled out the foreign ministry appointments committee for its inadequate examination of candidates and lack of transparency.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What? He's the first ever government official with a fetish? No criticisms here for whoever left him bound and gagged, and apparently phoned police? Sounds like a hinky set up to me. Or possibly a case of tragically bad timing, but, come on. And how exactly do you bring about 'better screening'? Do you ask someone "have you got any odd bedroom habits that might cause us embarassment if you were to be caught out in the middle of your activities by police?"

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I think this is what got him in trouble, it's not like he was in the confines of his bedroom....
http://neighbors.newstimeslive.com/news/updates.php?id=1034002

"Two weeks ago, El Salvador police found Raphael in the yard of his residence, tied up, gagged and drunk, Israeli media reported. He was wearing several sex toys at the time, the media said. After he was untied, Raphael told police he was the ambassador of Israel, the reports said."

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I

"Two weeks ago, El Salvador police found Raphael in the yard of his residence, tied up, gagged and drunk, Israeli media reported. He was wearing several sex toys at the time, the media said. After he was untied, Raphael told police he was the ambassador of Israel, the reports said."

yeah, that might do it alright. lol.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I know to never never go outside when I ball gagged and bound. Unless I'm drunk then I might forget.:smilebox:

definitely not a good idea, unless you live on a farm in the middle of nowhere. lol.