Irony: Talkshow Host Bill Maher says if Cheney dies, people live ; Today: Cheney suff

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Talk Show Host Bill Maher, says if Cheney dies, people live.

Cheney Suffers Bloodclot

Whats the word? Hmm... IRONY!

I think its going WAY to far, speaking out on a national tv outlet (HBO) saying the Vice President should die, especially during a time of terrorism, and a War-time, AND Cheney was targeted last week in Afghanistan.

It fine to critize your nation, but in my opinion its TREASON, to root directly against your President and Vice President and call for his death.

I hope the CIA or FBI does something to this Maher.

Who's going to justify this man's actions? WHO?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
He's not making threats to him, he's just saying things might improve if he wasn't around, I don't think there is anything illegal about that. Also, look at your news source....

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Talk Show Host Bill Maher, says if Cheney dies, people live.

Cheney Suffers Bloodclot

Whats the word? Hmm... IRONY!

I think its going WAY to far, speaking out on a national tv outlet (HBO) saying the Vice President should die, especially during a time of terrorism, and a War-time, AND Cheney was targeted last week in Afghanistan.

It fine to critize your nation, but in my opinion its TREASON, to root directly against your President and Vice President and call for his death.

I hope the CIA or FBI does something to this Maher.

Who's going to justify this man's actions? WHO?

Bill Maher isn't calling for Cheney's death, he's just being an ass. He knows that, he's just pushing buttons.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
The public love outrageous.... the outrageous get ratings.... ratings get money.......

Some people even parade around naked for money...

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Interesting to considering Bill is a Republican.

Hahahaha..... Maher a Republican? Closest he ever came to that party was to out gay Republicans by the boatload - gay or not -

He's after anyone who can get him some attention.... even outed Bill Clinton once...hahaha...

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
He supported Bob dole in the 96 election and was a card carrying Republican until Bush took office.

Now he's more of a libertarian.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Avro ... sure he is ....

His real philosophy is to be the mascot at the Playboy Mansion .... while Hefner lapses into senility....

It has nothing to do with politics.... his brand of political talk is to insult and defame.

I repeat: It has to do with money.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
If he flew the right wing flag without flinching you'd think differently.

He's one of those cons that saw Bush for what he is.....an disaster.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
#1, do not question my news media, CNN or MSNBC is fine for you, in MY articles I use FOXNews.com for a variety of reasons. I choose my media, you choose yours, ka-peech.

Second, this would have been acceptable:

If Dick Cheney was not in office, many people would be alive today.

But he said.

If Dick Cheney dies, people would live.

He used the word "dies" and that is where I draw the line.

Putting death/dies in the same sentence as your nation's leader, is treason, and spouting it on your outlet (HBO), could give some phyco ideas.

If Dick Cheney gets killed, its on Maher's shoulders.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I'm pretty sure if Cheney dies it's on the shoulders of the person who killed him or his bad health.

That is unless you're willing to place the blame for Iraqi deaths on Bush, Afghani deaths on Harper/Chretien/Martin and the Columbine students who wouldn't have died were it not for violent video games, etc. etc.

If anyone is looney enough to shoot a politician, a school mate they do not know, or blow themselves up killing nearby innocent people, these people do not need extra incentive from a pandering political pundit.

You can place the blame on the people directly involved, like friends who support deranged ideas, fanatical religious leaders fostering hate in young disillusioned people or perhaps even support groups like internet chat boards that allow conspiracy to go unchecked.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Oh grow off it.

Saying someone should die doesn't make Bill Maher a bad person. As someone in High Office Cheney decides who lives and dies on a much larger scale. He doesn't just say it, he makes it happen. That doesn't make him a bad man, its just the way of the world.

If Dick Cheney dies its because he thinks some people in the world should die (in which he may be 100% correct) and they have differing opinions. Those who live by the sword, die by the sword, for good or ill.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
If he flew the right wing flag without flinching you'd think differently.

He's one of those cons that saw Bush for what he is.....an disaster.

If he flew a pink flag I'd care less.....

Trying to paint me into a political party Avro? I don't have a vote down here.

I could care less who is in what party - there are fools in all the parties. They've never learned to work together for the good of the nation.... and if I had a vote, I have no idea who would suit me.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Its war time, you can question the vadality of the war and adminastration, but calling for there death during war time is wrong!

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Why is it wrong? Perhaps he has Christian Morals at heart and believes ordering war and killing is wrong, and that god will punish him rather than his fellow man (hence the blood clot)

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
This hasn't got anything to do with religion.

You think its right to call for a Vice President's death EVER? Especially during the time we are at in history?

As you like to say: Grow up!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
But the latest comment received few responses, being overshadowed by a remark by conservative commentator Ann Coulter made Friday at the Conservative Political Action Conference. Coulter said she would discuss John Edwards' bid for the 2000 Democratic presidential nomination except "it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot.'"

The comment earned widespread derision, including from CPAC guests former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who called the comments "offensive"; and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who said Coulter's comment was "completely inappropriate."

Edwards himself turned the barb into a rallying cry for fundraising and asked supporters to donate $100,000 in "Coulter Cash." While in Berkeley, Calif., the former North Carolina senator condemned the slur, but remained tight-lipped about his opinion of Coulter.
"I think its important that we not reward hateful, selfish, childish behavior with attention," Edwards told reporters. "I also believe that is important for all of us to speak out against language of this kind; it is the place where hatred gets its foothold, and we can't stand silently by and allow this kind of language to be used."

It seems there is a bit of a double standard out there in la la land....

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
This hasn't got anything to do with religion.

You think its right to call for a Vice President's death EVER? Especially during the time we are at in history?

As you like to say: Grow up!

I'd say it could have much to do with his personal spirituality. Do you think its right to ever send people out to kill other people?

As for where we are in history, you exagerate the importance of this era. Its pretty common in world and US history. Minor squabbling wars which drag on but pose no real threat to the nation and political infighting at home.

The Whiskey war, Fighting the Barbary Pirates, The wars against western natives, The Boxer Rebellion, war in the phillipenes and cuba, the military actions in central america, more fighting in the phillipenes, korea, vietnam, Iraq 1, Somalia...

Same story, there is nothing special about this point in history.