Oct 9, 2004
EXCLUSIVE

Al-Qaeda target Prince Harry

By DUNCAN LARCOMBE
SIMON HUGHES
and JAMIE PYATT

March 05, 2007

Target ... soldier Harry

PRINCE Harry and his men will pose as hooded hostages in a training exercise — after hate-filled threats to kidnap or kill him in Iraq.

The Royal soldier, 22, will take part in role-play exercises where “armed enemy kidnappers” take hostages. Then troops storm a building in a rescue mission.

Other drills will involve crack troops using tear gas and stun grenades.

The threats to Harry were exposed by a Sun investigation into extremists’ websites. Last night internet terror expert Neil Doyle said the website messages “represent clear incitement”.

The training will take place this week to prepare Harry and fellow soldiers from the Blues and Royals regiment to combat al-Qaeda hostage-takers in Iraq.

Army chiefs fear that if Harry is kidnapped after he arrives to fight in the war-torn country he could be paraded on TV by insurgents.

Harry — third in line to the throne — and his troop of 12 men will receive the training after the websites supporting exiled hate cleric Omar Bakri posted threats against him. One message crowed:

“Prince Harry will be sent to Iraq to be killed by Muslims.”

Another said: “May Allah give him what he deserves — like his fellow crusaders.” And a fanatic calling himself “Resistance4Islam” added: “He must be wishing for his death.”

Mission ... Operation Hostage for Harry's troops (See below)
Graphics: PAUL BATES

Harry is due to be sent in May to Iraq where more than 100 British soldiers have been killed.

As the nearest men on the battlefield, the Prince’s Blues and Royals colleagues will act as his first line of defence.

Last night they travelled from their base in Windsor, Berks, to the Army’s Bodney Camp training area in Thetford Forest, Norfolk.

Over the next few days they will be taken through exercises with other troops acting as a mock enemy.

The training zone — where soldiers prepared for fighting in Northern Ireland during the Troubles — has been specially adapted to simulate conditions in Iraq.

Army chiefs will set up a scenario where squaddies have been captured and held hostage in a building. Rescuers will then stage a “rapid reaction” mission.

A Blues and Royals source said: “Heaven forbid if Harry should be taken into enemy hands. It may well be the men next to him who make the difference between a swift solution or one of the biggest headaches of the conflict.

Officially Harry is being treated just like any other soldier but in reality everyone knows how desperate the insurgents out there will be to get their hands on him.”

Terror expert Mr Doyle said: “Harry would be the ultimate prize for one of these insurgent groups. He would be worth his weight in gold in propaganda terms if killed or captured.

“These website exchanges indicate a head of steam is starting to build up around his posting to Iraq.”

The training camp has a number of small built-up areas and outhouses — perfect preparation for the dangers ahead.

The Blues and Royals source said: “The Thetford exercise could prove vital for Harry and his men.

They will be taken through a number of scenarios they may have to face in Iraq. It is important the soldiers learn how to react.”

During the exercise the soldiers will also hone their skills at avoiding ambush and dealing with roadside bomb attacks.

From the end of May, Harry and his men will patrol in Scimitar armoured reconnaissance vehicles in the hell zone of Maysan — dubbed “Mad Max Land” because of the bloodthirsty locals.

Rescue mission

THE training zone in Norfolk has been adapted to simulate conditions Harry and his troops are likely to encounter in Iraq. The camp has a number of small built-up areas and outhouses which provide perfect “enemy territory”.

1. Army chiefs will set up a scenario where a soldier may be targeted as he is patrolling in his armoured reconnaissance vehicle in “Iraq”.

2. Troops from other regiments will play armed terrorists who snatch a squaddie and take him hostage to a small building nearby in the zone.

3. Harry’s men will then storm the building in a “rapid reaction” rescue mission. As the hostage is held on the floor wearing a hood or blindfold other troops will be trained to bombard the insurgents with tear gas and stun grenades.

As part of the training, Harry and his men will also hone their skills at avoiding ambush and roadside bombs.

**HARRY’S uncle Prince Andrew has flown to Iraq to visit troops, it emerged yesterday. The Ministry of Defence said Falklands War veteran Andrew inspected a military base and field hospital near Basra and met troops from the 1st Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment, of which he is Colonel-in-Chief.

thesun.co.uk

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
The basis of terrorism is threat....

In concert with the loud-mouth media and press - word is always available to the monsters who use threats of violence as their primary weaponry.... now they have exposed Harry and of course the
terrorists are going to take up the cry of "kill"....

Not only have they set up Harry for certain attack, but his comrades as well. Plain idiocy.

He should be sent quietly without announcement to another mission in another region of the world where the U.K. have a military presence and send some of his platoon (or whatever they call the
regimental force) with him....whatever his protestations are, they should not cost him his life.

We have to stop giving the terrorists a clear path of threats by playing "fair game". They will only
be conquered by playing it secretive and silent - leaving the press to swing in the wind with their
rumors. Harry would be a fine "trophy" and the U.K. appear to be offering him up for death.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
I have said this before and I will say it again.

Harry, let this be a lesson to you that the "FIRM" considers you expendable.

Your lineage is not exactly "Royal" if you know what I mean.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I was going to post this thread last night then I came across some formatting i needed to do and decided Harry wasn't worth the effort. It makes me laigh that a couple of years ago he went to a fancy dress party as a nazi, now he's going to war.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Hermann - lovely thought that ....

Harry goes to a Hallowe-en or whatever dress up party in a Nazi uniform and he is forever damned???
I guess you were a lollipop as a young squirt were you?

Of the many military options he could have chosen - Sandhurst was one of the more challenging and unlike his poufter father or uncle or grandfather... he has gone with the grunts....dirt in his socks...

That's fine in my book of royalty behaving like humans.... but why is it ok for the press to bleat to the world where he is going to be posted like a sitting duck?

Are you advocating his demise? I thought not.... Unless you are cheering for the terrorists.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
OK maybe i went overboard, but I think that at the age he was he should have been sensitive enough to realise that as one of the heirs to the throne of Great Britain, dressing as a nazi, at ANY time would have been rude. Maybe it doesnt make me laugh, but it IS ironic. Of course I hope he doesnt get killed. I also hope the terrorists don't get killed, I'd like to think killing could be a thing of the past, but it never will be because the world is full of sh|ts.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
Hermann - lovely thought that ....

Harry goes to a Hallowe-en or whatever dress up party in a Nazi uniform and he is forever damned???
I guess you were a lollipop as a young squirt were you?

Of the many military options he could have chosen - Sandhurst was one of the more challenging and unlike his poufter father or uncle or grandfather... he has gone with the grunts....dirt in his socks...

That's fine in my book of royalty behaving like humans.... but why is it ok for the press to bleat to the world where he is going to be posted like a sitting duck?

Are you advocating his demise? I thought not.... Unless you are cheering for the terrorists.

The fact is, Curiosity, that YES, he will be forever remembered for wearing a NAZI uniform. You cant have your cake and eat it too. If he is going to be a figurehead of The British Empire at the public expense, then he has to accept that he IS representing the public. Wearing a NAZI uniform is NOT a good way to represent your country. And if I wore a NAZI uniform to a costume party, I would be remembered and chastised for it permanently. Why should Harry be protected from public opinion, any more than I would be?

And the truth probably is, that this is one very mixed up kid who somewhat deliberately wore this costume in order to get attention.

As for Sandhurst, the truth is that with his dismal marks and behaviour, he would never have been accepted to Sandhurst if he were a commoner. Lucky him to have Mummy pull strings.....

And again, you can't have your cake and eat it too. The royal family is responsible for the fact that they want to use Harry as a role model for going to Iraq. Do you really think that if the Queen did not want Harry to go to Iraq that he would be allowed to veto her decision and go anyway? Of course not. The press are reporting what the Royal Family has allowed them to report.

What the press will NOT be reporting is the financial cost to the public for special protection for Harry. Don't kid yourself into thinking that he really goes as "one of the laddies" with the same risk as everyone else.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
LOL Fuzzy

And you know this to be fact because......?

You sound like you are repeating some kids' internet chat or a group of little old ladies at tea and typing...

Last edited:
Reactions: Said1

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
He didn't - ergo it is a question which cannot be answered and if so.... why ask?

I live in California - nothing is surprising here - the kids do as they wish and often don't realize if they are going to "impress the press" or not.

Harry impresses the press all the time - so what's different than his smoking pot and getting snockered?

What a bunch of doilies you guys are. Getting on Harry for his stupid choice?

This is a complete diversion from the topic anyway.... the thread has managed to go south as usual....

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
He didn't - ergo it is a question which cannot be answered and if so.... why ask?

I live in California - nothing is surprising here - the kids do as they wish and often don't realize if they are going to "impress the press" or not.

Harry impresses the press all the time - so what's different than his smoking pot and getting snockered?

What a bunch of doilies you guys are. Getting on Harry for his stupid choice?

This is a complete diversion from the topic anyway.... the thread has managed to go south as usual....

Why ask? We know the answer now don't we.

The Nazi's killed Jews.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Woah Avro - careful - you are on thin ice here....

Some of the members prefer Nazis over Jews in this place...better not open that door...

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
LOL Fuzzy

And you know this to be fact because......?

You sound like you are repeating some kids' internet chat or a group of little old ladies at tea and typing...

Pardon my complete lack of comprehension of your extensive fully researched and carefully presented reBUTTal, but which part exactly of my post sounded like a kid or old lady?

I guess you dont understand the power of the Royal family.

I fully agree with Self's post that Harry's presence in Iraq is unacceptable in that it endangers his fellow soldiers who will be expected to be watching his back and take the bullet for him. And of course he is a wonderful target for terrorists. They are probably salivating.

What was the Queen thinking.

Perhaps she was thinking it was easier to arrange than a car crash in a tunnel.

We'll have to ask Helen Mirren to know for sure.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'v never seen a poster here that made a statement to support you curiosity.:wave:
Should I post all the links to threads in which people have openly supported the PLO, Hamas, Hezbollah. All of which would not likely exist had the Grand Mufti, not embraced nazism and brought it to the Arab world?

ergo, they support nazi, albeit Arab nazi's, but nazi's non the less.

Last edited:

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
Should I post all the links to threads in which people have openly supported the PLO, Hamas, Hezbollah. All of which would not likely exist had the Grand Mufti, not embraced nazism and brought it to the Arab world.

ergo, they support nazi, albeit Arab nazi's, but nazi's non the less.

Now if there was ever fuzzy logic, that was it!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Now if there was ever fuzzy logic, that was it!
I've already proved it. With actual historical documentation.

I can understand how that would seem to be fuzzy logics to you, facts are often lost on those that can not see the forest for the trees.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
I've already proved it. With actual historical documentation.

I can understand how that would seem to be fuzzy logics to you, facts are often lost on those that can not see the forest for the trees.

Ah- I am trying to figure out what the historical documentation is that you apparently have posted.

Are you trying to say that the Grand Mufti is solely responsible for the PLO?

Are you trying to say that anyone who has sympathies for Palestine is anti-Jewish?

The Middle East problem is a very very complicated one that cannot be summed up with the two words Grand Mufti.

But enough about that.

Let's get back to Harry and the fun that is in store for him.......