Couple jailed for child torture

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
A couple who subjected their four-year-old disabled daughter to a systematic campaign of cruelty have been jailed for a total of 22 years. Samuel Duncan, 27, and his 23-year-old partner, Kimberly Harte, kicked and scalded the girl, who has cerebral palsy, and also pulled out her hair.
They were sentenced to 10-and-a-half and 11-and-a half years respectively at Middlesex Crown Court.
The couple, from Maida Vale, London, admitted three counts of child cruelty.
They had denied charges of causing grievous bodily harm with intent between 1 February and 18 March last year, but were convicted at the end of a trial last December.
The little girl had boiling water poured over her hands, had huge clumps of hair ripped from her head, was kicked so hard in the groin she suffered internal injuries and was locked naked in the toilet each night.
She was also forced to eat her own faeces.
Det Sgt Anthony Smith, from the Central Child Abuse Team, said: "This is without doubt the worst case of child abuse I have personally had to deal with.
"When I met the young girl she was in a terrible condition.
"But I'm now happy to report that she's improved dramatically with the care that she's now receiving."
'Would have died'
Jurors heard the youngster was in almost constant agony until her grandmother began to suspect what was going on and called in social services.
The little girl had suffered such "horrific injuries" that she would almost certainly have died without treatment, the court heard.
She was in such pain that she had to be examined by doctors under general anaesthetic.
The court heard how the little girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was born prematurely and afflicted with cerebral palsy as a result.
Shortly after her second birthday she was taken into care following concerns about domestic violence.
'Mental scars'
She was due to be fostered to a family but a report from Westminster Council in January last year recommended the girl be placed back into the care of Duncan and Harte.
Although it is understood up to 20 visits were made to the family home by social services and other care professionals, no abuse was suspected.
But the court heard that, within a month of being placed back with her family, the girl was being abused by her carers.
Passing sentence, Judge Paul Worsley told the pair: "The physical scars may well heal in time, but I doubt the mental scars ever will.
"No tear of remorse has been shown by either of you for what you did."
The girl's injuries have led to urgent calls for a full independent inquiry into Westminster Council's handling of the situation.
Councillor Paul Dimoldenberg, Leader of Westminster's opposition Labour Group, said: "We believe there needs to be an inquiry into the circumstances of how this baby girl was allowed to go back to her parents."
"There appears on this occasion to have been no shortage of experts involved but they appear to have got it very badly wrong."

BBC NEWS

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Or maybe she is a member on other sites and thought the story had merit in a Decline of Humanity sort of forum.

And its "because" not cos, whats the matter don't you know how to google, use the shift key for capital letters or find the apostrophe and question mark keys?:)

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
She is a child. Gently ribbing her and trying to help her grow in to a tolerant person is a responsibilty of those in this online community. She is stubborn and spiteful though. I hold to the basic goodness of people so am really really trying to with hold final judgment.

Reactions: CDNBear

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
She is a child. Gently ribbing her and trying to help her grow in to a tolerant person is a responsibilty of those in this online community. She is stubborn and spiteful though. I hold to the basic goodness of people so am really really trying to with hold final judgment.

so people are only tolerant when they agree with you. or if theyre like pagans or whatever. otherwise theyre not tolerant..yeh, like thats tolerance for ya!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
so people are only tolerant when they agree with you. or if theyre like pagans or whatever. otherwise theyre not tolerant..yeh, like thats tolerance for ya!
Wrong!!!

There are many a member on this forum, I will never see eye to eye with, but they use calm and reasoned fact to base their opinions on. They choose to follow a path that does not seek to judge others, but merely guide, teach or share with.

Unlike those that you have begun to support. As well as yourself.

Using reason, is the best way to get my respect. Being irrational gets you the opposite.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
big deal. she gets on my nerves. shes such a bigot it is amazing. but ,hey if you dont agree thats cool.
Have you read anything you and your new found buddies have posted here???

You are a hypocrit and a bigot of the highest order lil girl.

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
Wrong!!!

There are many a member on this forum, I will never see eye to eye with, but they use calm and reasoned fact to base their opinions on. They choose to follow a path that does not seek to judge others, but merely guide, teach or share with.

Unlike those that you have begun to support. As well as yourself.

Using reason, is the best way to get my respect. Being irrational gets you the opposite.

well thats my point, but you adults dont want to get. you guys are exactly the same from where i sit. you might not believe the same crap, but you behave exactly the same. youll deny it, but other than one is sanctus and one is bear, you and him are pretty much the same to anyone who disagrees with you. course youll call me some more names for saying that.