Buddhist monk charged with raping Australian

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
From correspondents in Bangkok

A SENIOR Thai Buddhist monk has been charged with raping a Vietnamese Australian teenager during a ritual he claimed would protect her from bad luck, police said today.
"The victim did not know at first she had been raped because she thought it was part of the rite, until she called her parents and they told her to report to the embassy and the police," Colonel Thanit Ratanopast said.
The 18-year-old woman went to the police, who told her to plant a camera in her bag when she went back to see Phra Wimonmunee, the 59-year-old abbot of a Bangkok temple, they said.
Police then arrested the monk while he was trying to rape the woman again, they said.
They declined to say where the woman lived in Australia, but said her parents had recommended she go see the monk, a popular preacher of Buddhism in Australia and other western countries.
The man, a monk since he was 13, raped the woman on January 25 in a rite using candles to touch her naked body to ward off bad luck, police said.
The monk, who faces up to 20 years in jail if found guilty of rape, denied the charge, Col Thanit said.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Another example of someone taking advantage of a young person. How many young people abused by priest are "vulnerable" in the first place? Do these pervert pray on well adjusted kids from good solid families? Many pedophiles insinuate themselves in youth organizations. This girl was 18 but the point still holds. Do they seek inner calm from their own perverted thoughts when they join various preisthoods or is it a calculated plot to be put in a position of trust and authority with young people? Or even adults for that matter.

Alexander

Electoral Member
Jan 31, 2007
Vancouver, B.C.
Thats a new one. First acupuncture, now dripping candle wax on naked 18 year old women. I don't mean to be racist but these Chinese rituals seem like they were thought up by a kinky person.

Alexander

Electoral Member
Jan 31, 2007
Vancouver, B.C.
Didn't the girl agree to it? I didn't come across anything saying that she was resisting his ritual. I don't understand how he 'raped' her. She was over 18.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
nasty munk

Aha; the :"Bangkok" temple.

Dirty ol $hitter.

Bad munk bad.

ROM; He ain't a pedophile, at least not in this case. The woman in question was post-pubescent. Now a low $hit-eating rapist he may well be, ancient rites notwithstanding.

Now he can go to prison where he may find out what rape is all about.:twisted:

:grommit:

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Wait, The Adult woman, goes to a monk, to undergo a ritual...which she agrees to, twice..and he is a rapist because he anoints a naked body with candle wax?

1.) he could be a pervo

2.) Its not like a lot of religious rituals (from religions which aren't opposed to sexuality) don't include nudity, and many involve sexuality. I mean, the term Hierodule doesn't exist for nothing.

If he is just performing a religious ritual with a consenting adult, Is it fair to charge him with rape if you decide you are against it after the fact?

canadarocks

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2006
Wait, The Adult woman, goes to a monk, to undergo a ritual...which she agrees to, twice..and he is a rapist because he anoints a naked body with candle wax?

1.) he could be a pervo

2.) Its not like a lot of religious rituals (from religions which aren't opposed to sexuality) don't include nudity, and many involve sexuality. I mean, the term Hierodule doesn't exist for nothing.

If he is just performing a religious ritual with a consenting adult, Is it fair to charge him with rape if you decide you are against it after the fact?
Rape? Sounds consensual to me. She wanted the bad luck warded off and he wanted to get something else off.. win/win.. or were they in a place where statutory rape laws describe victims as being younger than twenty-one?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Thats a new one. First acupuncture, now dripping candle wax on naked 18 year old women. I don't mean to be racist but these Chinese rituals seem like they were thought up by a kinky person.

The candle wax thingy isn't too bad when both parties are willing.

csanopal

Electoral Member
Dec 22, 2006
Toronto, ON
Another example of someone taking advantage of a young person. How many young people abused by priest are "vulnerable" in the first place? Do these pervert pray on well adjusted kids from good solid families? Many pedophiles insinuate themselves in youth organizations. This girl was 18 but the point still holds. Do they seek inner calm from their own perverted thoughts when they join various preisthoods or is it a calculated plot to be put in a position of trust and authority with young people? Or even adults for that matter.

If she didn't know she had been raped, then the monk must have had a VERY small johnson.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Another mad monk story! Ever since Rasputin, kinky women the world over have slavered over the thought of abbots and abbeys and dark candlelit rooms of primordial hummers. A little too debauched for me.

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
Nobody could have been more naive than I was at age 18, but, I think I'd have known if I'd been raped; I mean, c'mon, who's kidding who here?