DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
http://www.thestar.com/News/article/176619

Nap at work? Mais oui!

Jan 31, 2007 07:40 AM
Associated Press
PARIS — The French already enjoy a 35-hour work week and generous vacation. Now the health minister wants to look into whether workers should be allowed to sleep on the job. France launched plans this week to spend $9 million this year to improve public awareness about sleeping troubles. About one in three French people suffer from them, the ministry says.
Fifty-six per cent of French complain that a poor night’s sleep has affected their job performance, according to the ministry.
“Why not a nap at work? It can’t be a taboo subject,” Health Minister Xavier Bertrand said Monday. He called for further studies and said he would promote on-the-job naps if they prove useful.
France’s state-run health insurance provider will send letters explaining the importance of good sleep. The Health Ministry’s Web site offers tips on how best to get a good night’s rest.
The ministry’s online “Passport to Sleep” recommends cutting down on coffee, tea, colas, and athletic activity after 8 p.m., shunning TV time or working late in the evening, and listening better to the body’s own sleep signals, such as yawning.
Bertrand said sleepiness causes 20 per cent to 30 per cent of highway accidents across France each year.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Would Blackleaf say anything against the French?:)

Last edited:

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
The more the French sleep the less perfidy there is in the world. Sweet dreams, mon freres!
Something like that.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I used to work in a paper research and development place in the UK. One time we visited a paper mill in St Omer in France, just so's i could see how it worked and we could test out some coating formulations we had come up with. The place was weeeird. There were 3 of us visiting, and at lunchtime they provided us with 40 baguettes. At 4pm a fellow called cedric or cyrill or something went home because he didnt have lights on his bicycle and it was getting dark. i thought about what would happen to me if i tried that in england.

the machines were amazing though.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
i ate 3 cos i was hard up at the time. i also took one with me when i went home. delicious. I think france must be the only country you can get truly fresh bread in.

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
What job?

Anyway, the British have spent centuries beating these cowardly, lazy, surrendering, collaborating, snobby, arrogant idiots in wars so I'm too lazy to say anything about about them on this thread.

whatever. id rather go to france than england anyday. english food is the worst stuff on the planet. my friend and her family are right off the boat from manchester in england and eating over their house is horrid. i dont tell them that of course, but their food is tasteless.