'God' mistakenly bleeped out of in-flight showings of 'The Queen'

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
ATLANTA (AP) - So much for God and country, at least during some in-flight showings of the Oscar-nominated movie "The Queen."

All mentions of God are bleeped out of a version of the film distributed to Delta and some other airlines. Jeff Klein, president of Jaguar Distribution, the Studio City, Calif., company that supplied the movie to the airlines earlier this month, said it was a mistake, committed by an overzealous and inexperienced employee who had been told to edit out all profanities and blasphemies.

"A reference to God is not taboo in any culture that I know of," Klein said. "We excise foul language, excessive violence and nudity."

Airline passengers watching the movie hear "(Bleep) bless you, ma'am," as one character speaks to the queen. In all, the word "God" is bleeped seven times. (At no time in the original movie is "God save the queen" uttered.)

Klein said he discovered the mistake after a London-bound Air New Zealand passenger complained. Jaguar has been sending out new, unedited copies to the airlines.

Airlines routinely show movies from which graphic scenes and strong profanities are edited out.

"The Queen" is about Queen Elizabeth II and Prime Minister Tony Blair in the week following Princess Diana's death in 1997.

A spokesman for Miramax, which produced the movie, had no comment on the episode.

The editor responsible for the mistake is still working in the Jaguar editing lab, Klein said.

Copyright © 2007 Canadian Press

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
ATLANTA (AP) - So much for God and country, at least during some in-flight showings of the Oscar-nominated movie "The Queen."

All mentions of God are bleeped out of a version of the film distributed to Delta and some other airlines. Jeff Klein, president of Jaguar Distribution, the Studio City, Calif., company that supplied the movie to the airlines earlier this month, said it was a mistake, committed by an overzealous and inexperienced employee who had been told to edit out all profanities and blasphemies.

"A reference to God is not taboo in any culture that I know of," Klein said. "We excise foul language, excessive violence and nudity."

Airline passengers watching the movie hear "(Bleep) bless you, ma'am," as one character speaks to the queen. In all, the word "God" is bleeped seven times. (At no time in the original movie is "God save the queen" uttered.)

Klein said he discovered the mistake after a London-bound Air New Zealand passenger complained. Jaguar has been sending out new, unedited copies to the airlines.

Airlines routinely show movies from which graphic scenes and strong profanities are edited out.

"The Queen" is about Queen Elizabeth II and Prime Minister Tony Blair in the week following Princess Diana's death in 1997.

A spokesman for Miramax, which produced the movie, had no comment on the episode.

The editor responsible for the mistake is still working in the Jaguar editing lab, Klein said.

i dont understand why they thought god was a bad word anyway!

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Because in christian cultures sayings like "Oh My God!!!" are blasphemies. Soooo when the kid programmed it in the edit ALL the Gods (LOL goddess I crack me up!) were banished ROFL

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Because in christian cultures sayings like "Oh My God!!!" are blasphemies. Soooo when the kid programmed it in the edit ALL the Gods (LOL goddess I crack me up!) were banished ROFL

dosent it depend on what way you say god? like i mean, if they said "god bless the queen:" for example.

i just saw the flick. reinforced my bad opinion of the royal faily. bunch of dork parasites who serve no purpose anymore.i think diana was just as bad, using th media to get attention for herself,and for what? being too rich--puh-leeze..

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
dosent it depend on what way you say god? like i mean, if they said "god bless the queen:" for example.

i just saw the flick. reinforced my bad opinion of the royal faily. bunch of dork parasites who serve no purpose anymore.i think diana was just as bad, using th media to get attention for herself,and for what? being too rich--puh-leeze..

So it was a good informative movie which exposed the rot of the dork parasite monarchy. Can I use that line "bunch of dork parasites", it could also be used for the new Canadian Government. The world seems to be cluttered with nomadic bunches of dork parasites eating the scenery.

bunch of dork conservative parasites the BDCP :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::wave:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

Ah. More PCness at work. Foolish people.

Northboy

Electoral Member

This is puzzling to me.

Historically, good government is based on the Priest, King and the Prophet.....

Why take the Prophet out of the equation now??? Is Man that smart... or just proud...

Obviously not Wise.....