Nazi royal picture sparks outrage

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Nazi royal pic sparks outrage

'Offensive' ... the painting that has shocked many

By LACHLAN CARTWRIGHT
January 05, 2007

A PAINTING ridiculing the Royal Family has sparked outrage among monarchists.

The picture, that is currently showing as part of an exhibition at a gallery in Amsterdam, depicts Prince Harry as a Nazi and the late Princess Diana as Christ.

Tory MP David Ruffley said: "This seems to be a pathetic and tasteless attempt at art by a man with no talent.

"People on the continent are just jealous of our Royal Family and the Queen being a beacon of decency for the Western World."

Sun royal snapper Arthur Edwards slammed the artists work.

He said: "It is demeaning of the Royal family. Some of the images are just awful.

"Anyone who has any connection with the Royal Family will find it offensive."

But Gallery the 3rd owner Mr Maarten de Vlieger defended the work.

He said: "Everyone we've shown this painting to has been very excited about it so we don't see it as a problem.

"Prince Harry is the one responsible for being a Nazi as he dressed up like that in England two years ago and there is no way we will be withdrawing it."

Mr de Vlieger said he was considering showing the painting in the UK later this year.

Clarence House refused to comment on the matter.

thesun.co.uk
--------------------

Don't worry. We'll just paint a similar one of the Dutch Royal Family.

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
Nazi royal pic sparks outrage

Don't worry. We'll just paint a similar one of the Dutch Royal Family.

one costume at a party and harry gets branded as a nazi..so stupid.but i said it before, it is obscene to let these people stay around--royal my butt..they are parasites who live off the blood of the people their ancestors oppressed.

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
Brits are too thin skinned. They need to lighten up. That includes you, blackleaf.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Typical juvenile stuff put out by 'artists.' Some of the flakes still insist the first goal of art is to shock. Well, if you're marginally talented, a tad goofy, and looking for attention this is a no-brainer. Just do something bold and voila - you're bonafide!
If you're in for tit for tat, maybe we could commission a series of paintings of the Dutch pushing their Jewish neighbours onto death trains in WWII given the country lost a greater percentage of its Jewish population than any other. We could put swastikas on the bullies and cretinous grins. Should work.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I dressed up as a pirate for halloween... So I guess putting me on the sex offenders registry as a rapist and putting me down as a thief in police reports are justified (Rape and Pillage).

Or you know, he's a kid who went to a halloween party, let it go.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Typical juvenile stuff put out by 'artists.' Some of the flakes still insist the first goal of art is to shock. Well, if you're marginally talented, a tad goofy, and looking for attention this is a no-brainer. Just do something bold and voila - you're bonafide!
If you're in for tit for tat, maybe we could commission a series of paintings of the Dutch pushing their Jewish neighbours onto death trains in WWII given the country lost a greater percentage of its Jewish population than any other. We could put swastikas on the bullies and cretinous grins. Should work.
Yep. It's still funny, though. lol

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I dressed up as a pirate for halloween... So I guess putting me on the sex offenders registry as a rapist and putting me down as a thief in police reports are justified (Rape and Pillage).

Or you know, he's a kid who went to a halloween party, let it go.
Egg Zachery. I've seen kids dress up as Satan. So, Hitler or some Nazi is worse than what Satan is sposed to be? Gimme a break.
Damn funny pic. :D

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
People make a big deal about something that didn't hurt anyone. So what if he dressed up like a Nazi? There are more important things going on in the world then some stupid teen dressing up like Hitler.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Ditto Gonzo, I once dressed up as "wonder women" and I'm still waiting for my super powers. I also think it's cough funny.