PETA: Please keep accused dog rapist away from animals

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
By Steve Schmadeke Staff writer

An animal-rights group is asking that the Will County man charged last week with having sex with a cockapoo be banned from further contact with animals.
Dwayne D. Page, 27, was charged with two felonies after repeatedly having sex with an 18-year-old female cockapoo named Pepper.
He is on probation after pleading guilty in April to indecent solicitation of a child. Page was living with his mother near Elwood in Jackson Township when the alleged abuse of Pepper, a poodle and cocker spaniel mix, occurred.
The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has asked that if Page is convicted, he be banned from owning or having contact with animals.
PETA made the request Wednesday in a letter sent to Will County State's Attorney Jim Glasgow.
A state's attorney spokesman said that, generally speaking, animal offense convicts are prohibited from owning pets during their probation or parole.
But a judge does not have the power to ban a person from all contact with animals, he said.
Even before last week's charges, Page apparently was having trouble with the terms of his probation.
Page was cited for violating his probation by viewing "Web sites relating to diapers for sexual arousal" at his aunt's house in July, according to a Sept. 13 report by Page's probation officer.
Page is being held at the Will County Adult Detention Facility on $2,000 bail.

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
By Steve Schmadeke Staff writer

An animal-rights group is asking that the Will County man charged last week with having sex with a cockapoo be banned from further contact with animals.
Dwayne D. Page, 27, was charged with two felonies after repeatedly having sex with an 18-year-old female cockapoo named Pepper.
He is on probation after pleading guilty in April to indecent solicitation of a child. Page was living with his mother near Elwood in Jackson Township when the alleged abuse of Pepper, a poodle and cocker spaniel mix, occurred.
The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has asked that if Page is convicted, he be banned from owning or having contact with animals.
PETA made the request Wednesday in a letter sent to Will County State's Attorney Jim Glasgow.
A state's attorney spokesman said that, generally speaking, animal offense convicts are prohibited from owning pets during their probation or parole.
But a judge does not have the power to ban a person from all contact with animals, he said.
Even before last week's charges, Page apparently was having trouble with the terms of his probation.
Page was cited for violating his probation by viewing "Web sites relating to diapers for sexual arousal" at his aunt's house in July, according to a Sept. 13 report by Page's probation officer.
Page is being held at the Will County Adult Detention Facility on $2,000 bail.

thats like really gross. my brother says that some guys do it to sheep too, equally gross. dont know how true that is or not. why would anyone want to get it on with an animal?

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
cockapoo is a funny word

a "Cock-a-poo" ? Maybe he should try the other hole there....

What sickness in our world!! Also the story of a man who was charged in Spokane for having sex with a road kill deer was in the news a couple weeks ago.

Sex sex sex - no wonder desperate men are looking for any warm hole - and even a cold one now and then - in order to take part in the endless sexgames promoted on our mass media. Its not really like that, there is no orgy of sex happening like we see in the media, but viewers might gt the idea that there is and they have to get in on it any way they can.

Like cock-a-poo and road kill, ha ha ha, too funny except for the victims....

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Actually its more than that in our culture you can no longer get away with these things. Ever wonder why every form of exploration, war, or sporting event in traditional cultures invariabley contained the phrase "Rape and pillage" ? We should be proud of ourselves that these things can't happen un-noticed anymore. But they will go on, its just a side effect of culture (we are a sexually inhibited culture) and biology clashing. I think I commented on how wierd we are (academically) including me for the wierd views on sex we have in western society.

Its no wonder with so much repression and shame some people go stark raving mad really. And I dare you to justify that this guy is anything but stark raving mad, he needs to be in a straight jacket for along time.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Actually its more than that in our culture you can no longer get away with these things. Ever wonder why every form of exploration, war, or sporting event in traditional cultures invariabley contained the phrase "Rape and pillage" ? We should be proud of ourselves that these things can't happen un-noticed anymore. But they will go on, its just a side effect of culture (we are a sexually inhibited culture) and biology clashing. I think I commented on how wierd we are (academically) including me for the wierd views on sex we have in western society.

Its no wonder with so much repression and shame some people go stark raving mad really. And I dare you to justify that this guy is anything but stark raving mad, he needs to be in a straight jacket for along time.

LOL Zzarchov what do you mean we in the west are "Sexually inhibited?" Clarification please?

That poor dog, I'd say more but my skin is crawling with the heebie jeebies.

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
Peta wants this guy banned from ever owning animals again, what about the people who have sex with horses, sheep, pigs, ect... Are they saying that it's justified if you have sex with those animals but not a dog. Their all animals and can all be pets so i don't see the difference.

Also who's not to say that the guy could easily have a friend get him a pet *shrugs* I think that is gross what he did.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
lol, You're probably right, Bill.
Sex with a critter outside of one's own species is just plain sub-anthropoidal and probably even sub-mammalian. Even horses and donkeys (produce mules) are genetically related. It's right up there in the yuck scale with cannibalism, murder, rape, etc.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
LOL Zzarchov what do you mean we in the west are "Sexually inhibited?" Clarification please? .

I mean compared to other places we put alot of emphasis on sex as secretive and shameful even still. We still have gender bias built in (where a man is a playboy and a woman a ****) as well as a host of other unreasonable hangups (which are very different from REASONABLE hangups) that really make alot of people afraid of sex and cause alot of wierd mental damage. I laughed at one my friends (which in hindsight was insensitve..but we're both guys so he can munch it) who's new bride went into an anxiety attack at the thought of people not concidering her a virgin anymore.

While these are outlying cases and far from the norm, its clear our culture does damage those who'se minds just can't handle the strain, even if 99.9% of the population can handle it..in country as big as ours 0.1% is a huge number of people.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really see any solutions, and as part of that 99.9% im quite happy with our culture. (btw, arbitrary number). But that doesn't mean I don't notice its existence.