Saddam lashed out after death sentence imposed

CTV News

Executive Branch Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.ctv.ca
A visibly shaken Saddam Hussein, former dictator of Iraq, tried to take control once again after a court sentenced him to death for crimes against humanity.

More...

WilliamAshley

Electoral Member
Sep 7, 2006
WATERLOO
Awad Hamed al-Bandar, the head of Iraq's Revolutionary Court

I find it odd how the head of the courts and president can be called "criminals" with no official form of impeachment or ruling against their acts. it is not legal to change the ruling law during an occupation. Both the US and Britain violated international law in doing so.

Regardless of whether saddam had direct hand in anything said to have occured, the trial was not legal in nature, and violates the spirit of iraqi law.

it is unfortunate that the "new iraqi" government would start it's institution of unjust rule, by violating it's own history.

As for "former government" the state is occupied by foreign invaders, and it wouldn't hold the balance of power if it wern't for the occupation forces medling in the true iraqi status quo. the government does not represent popular force, it emerged out of occupation, and changed laws, directly in violation to international law concerning occupations.

The whole situation is a travesty. Also I do not recognize the new iraqi government as legitimate on basis of law, it is not a legal entity, and criminal acts such as extra judicial murder should not be condoned, irrelevant of the nature of the individuals involved. To continue in an even more corrupt form of justice, is not the right thing. There is no honour in the supposed ruling.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Oh Bull****.

Now I would agree that the Americans should have taken Saddam et al to a well-publicized place of release in a strongly Shia or Kurd area.......and just let them go. Or shot them without trial themselves.

BUT the gov't of Iraq is the most legitimate government they have had in 60 years..................it was elected, or don't you remember the vote?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I find it interesting that the Americans, the real force behind this trial, who have pushed for this sentence, were, with others, responsible for at least some of the atrocities of Saddam Hussein. America played a big part in the building and the arming of this despot. "Operation Iraq Freedom" has not been a liberation I would want, nor did any Iraqi want it. I'm not sitting here crying about Saddam Hussein. I would just point out that Saudi, where most of the 9/11 highjackers came from, has a whole family of despots, who, under close examination, wouldn't look much better than Saddam.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Juan did you know there is a law suit in the works against Saudi Arabia, it appears the Royals have kidnapped and forced male children as young as three into slavery as Jockies. A few managed to make it to freedom and filed a suit. 33,000 children forced into slavery, starved so they stay skinny and thus it arrests their developement. These Despots aren't just evil they are freaking filthy rich so they seem untouchable. I hope this case garners world attention. :confused:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It'd be nice.

There is something inherently wrong with a country that beheads a couple dozen people every month.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Juan did you know there is a law suit in the works against Saudi Arabia, it appears the Royals have kidnapped and forced male children as young as three into slavery as Jockies. A few managed to make it to freedom and filed a suit. 33,000 children forced into slavery, starved so they stay skinny and thus it arrests their developement. These Despots aren't just evil they are freaking filthy rich so they seem untouchable. I hope this case garners world attention. :confused:

Saudi Arabia has to have one of the world's worst records on human rights. Their oil keeps us from doing anything about it unfortunately. One of my friends actually suggested we go there to work instead of the US (they hire foreign nurses and pay well). As if!!!

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
Saudi Arabia has to have one of the world's worst records on human rights. Their oil keeps us from doing anything about it unfortunately. One of my friends actually suggested we go there to work instead of the US (they hire foreign nurses and pay well). As if!!!

Oil keeps use from doing anything?? Then why is it that when we do something it is said it's because of oil???

Truth be known the faster we can give the finger to Shell and start using Hydrogen, the faster these guys in the mid east can go F themselves or their sheep or the 2000 virgins their so called religon promises them

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Oil keeps use from doing anything?? Then why is it that when we do something it is said it's because of oil???

Truth be known the faster we can give the finger to Shell and start using Hydrogen, the faster these guys in the mid east can go F themselves or their sheep or the 2000 virgins their so called religon promises them

Saudi Arabia sells us their oil. That's why they are our buddies and our relationship with them is close. It's the only significant difference between them and the taliban.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
Saudi Arabia sells us their oil. That's why they are our buddies and our relationship with them is close. It's the only significant difference between them and the taliban.

So them why attach Iraq? are they not good oil buddies? I usual here that we attach nations over our oil interests??

Listen I don't disagree with the notion that we are not consistant with which countries we go into and whch we don't..but what..does that say nothing should be done anywhere?

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
So them why attach Iraq? are they not good oil buddies? I usual here that we attach nations over our oil interests??

Listen I don't disagree with the notion that we are not consistant with which countries we go into and whch we don't..but what..does that say nothing should be done anywhere?

No, Iraq was not a good oil buddy of ours. They attacked a good oil buddy of ours in the early 90s (Kuwait).

You're talking about a couple of different issues here and reading something into my post that isn't there. I actually don't think nothing should be done anywhere because we are inconsistent. I'm just honest about our inconsistency. Saudi Arabia is one of the most repressive regimes in the entire world. I would love to see us pressure them to change, but I know that won't happen because they are still good oil buddies.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
ok agreed!!!

Again I think we should just get off our oil addiction....then voila!!! no more friendship....we can then stop the idiots...Ok I went a bit simplistic there :)

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
ok agreed!!!

Again I think we should just get off our oil addiction....then voila!!! no more friendship....we can then stop the idiots...Ok I went a bit simplistic there :)

I would love that... There was a movie not long ago called something like "Who killed the electric car?" that you should see. It was really interesting. As it is now, we're addicted to oil. I know I couldn't get to work without a car... As long as that's the case we will see people like SH and repressive regimes like Saudi Arabia be given a lot of leeway in the human rights arena.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
tracy,

if it isn't oil, it is something else. The west remains fairly quite about child slavery in the cocoa industry, and is willing to overlook much in China so long as cheap trinkets flow its way.

It is the nature of humanity to exploite the weak, and even an unlimited free energy source won't change that.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Saudi Araba's treatment of women and children is beyond horrendious, the rich have secret pleasure palaces over there where they can obtain what ever sexual perversion they wish. Children sold as sexual slaves, women abducted because they are virgins, I watched a documentry many years ago describing what goes on in these pleasure palaces. One of the women that took part in the documentary was from North America she was kept a virtual prisoner for the pleasure of the rich, she managed to escape and tell her story. Most die from STD's or the children suffer untreated internal injuries. The Royals get on TV pontificating their Muslim pious lifestyle all the while committing acts of cruelty beyond description, I'd like to see them receive one fifth of the pain they have made others suffer. I'd like to see this Country get some payback, I'll happily give up oil for a more expensive alternative than support these animals.

Juan the Law Suit hopefully will draw world attention, it was launched by several survivours in the States.