South Park sends Croc Hunter to Hell

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
When Americans aren't threatening to blow up British clyde ferries killing many innocent people because they're scared of them they instead decide to make fun of Australian Steve Irwin's death just weeks after he was killed..........

South Park sends Croc Hunter to hell

Steve Irwin as depicted in the South Park episode. The episode, set in Hell, also included Princess Diana

South Park's creators have provoked outrage by sending Steve Irwin to hell in the latest episode of the cartoon.

In the show, the animated Irwin goes to a 'Hell on Earth' party with a stingray sticking out of his bleeding chest.

Hundreds of guests turn up at the party dressed as dead celebrities including Princess Diana, the rapper Notorious B.I.G. and Hitler. But Satan receives complaints from his guests that someone is inappropriately dressed up as Steve Irwin.

The devil confronts the Australian TV presenter and asks him to leave but Irwin insists he is not dressed up and it really is him - come back from the dead. Eventually Satan believes him but he is kicked out anyway - because he is not in fancy dress.

A spokesman told London's Metro newspaper: "South Park has been pushing people's buttons for more than 10 years. It has offended people in the past and probably will again. Regular watchers would not be shocked."

John Beyer, director of media watchdog Mediawatch, told the newspaper that the episode was "grossly insensitive".

"I think this is in bad taste... Steve Irwin's family are still grieving and I am sure they will be grieving for a long time. To lampoon somebody's death like that is unacceptable and so soon after the event is grossly insensitive

British AOL poll

Do you think the show is being insensitive?

Yes, it's a terrible thing to do............22,532......65%
No, people need to be less sensitive....12, 262......35%
...........................Total votes......34, 794

news.aol.co.uk

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
i dont know if u had noticed but south park is a sick show.

Personally I don't think it's too soon to make fun of steve irwin. He had a sense of humour and i daresay he wouldn't have minded. You may also have noticed that southpark very rarely uses heaven and often uses hell. The reason being, heaven isnt funny.

guess i'm one of the 35%, although i expect that poll is likely to be skewed, since a knee-jerk reaction is a stronger one than a thought-out one, and so more likely to conjure up the neccessary effort to make someone vote.

Calberty

Electoral Member
Dec 7, 2005
What a ridiculous wording for poll. Like something out of Pravda.

I look forward to the episode. Folks should be 'more sensitive' to the subtle censorship of the politically correct wieners of the world.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
When Americans aren't threatening to blow up British clyde ferries killing many innocent people because they're scared of them they instead decide to make fun of Australian Steve Irwin's death just weeks after he was killed..........

South Park sends Croc Hunter to hell

Steve Irwin as depicted in the South Park episode. The episode, set in Hell, also included Princess Diana

South Park's creators have provoked outrage by sending Steve Irwin to hell in the latest episode of the cartoon.

In the show, the animated Irwin goes to a 'Hell on Earth' party with a stingray sticking out of his bleeding chest.

Hundreds of guests turn up at the party dressed as dead celebrities including Princess Diana, the rapper Notorious B.I.G. and Hitler. But Satan receives complaints from his guests that someone is inappropriately dressed up as Steve Irwin.

The devil confronts the Australian TV presenter and asks him to leave but Irwin insists he is not dressed up and it really is him - come back from the dead. Eventually Satan believes him but he is kicked out anyway - because he is not in fancy dress.

A spokesman told London's Metro newspaper: "South Park has been pushing people's buttons for more than 10 years. It has offended people in the past and probably will again. Regular watchers would not be shocked."

John Beyer, director of media watchdog Mediawatch, told the newspaper that the episode was "grossly insensitive".

"I think this is in bad taste... Steve Irwin's family are still grieving and I am sure they will be grieving for a long time. To lampoon somebody's death like that is unacceptable and so soon after the event is grossly insensitive

British AOL poll

Do you think the show is being insensitive?

Yes, it's a terrible thing to do............22,532......65%
No, people need to be less sensitive....12, 262......35%
...........................Total votes......34, 794

news.aol.co.uk

:D British AMERICA online poll...:D

thats just funny to me...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Free speach people. I kind of liked Irwin, but hey. Let the sick humour fly. If we all took the opportunity to step back and laugh at ourselves once in a while. This planet just might last a lil longer.

Calberty

Electoral Member
Dec 7, 2005
If his family is upset then it should be pulled, but if they have no comment then why should the public care?

You got to be kidding. No more jokes in the world unless family mebers approve? bureaucratic insanity.

This fellow chose to be a media celebrity. His choice. He made millions off it.

Tough beans. I'll laugh at South Park... and I'll laugh at Elvis jokes, Princess Di jokes and will laugh my head off at jokes when George junior Bush kicks the bucket. ;)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You got to be kidding. No more jokes in the world unless family mebers approve? bureaucratic insanity.

This fellow chose to be a media celebrity. His choice. He made millions off it.

Tough beans. I'll laugh at South Park... and I'll laugh at Elvis jokes, Princess Di jokes and will laugh my head off at jokes when George junior Bush kicks the bucket. ;)
Exactly!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
why would anyone want to make fun of steve irwin?...he is a great man from all that i noe of
Yes he was, I and everyone i know loved his show and specials. he was a tad, umm, well, eccentric. But entertaining and informative, none the less. That does not excuse him from the tickle trunk though.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Poor taste?? Is that show ever anything else? It will be unfortunate if the family sees that garbage, and I hope they don't, but you can't protect everyone from the ass h---s of this world.

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Well its not respectful. The Simpsons and others have made fun of Steve, I remember one where he was eaten by a croc in a Simpsons.

But like I stated before, it is their choice, it might be distasteful and disrespectful however there will be some that will enjoy it and it is their right to produce it.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The people who enjoy that sort of thing are sick........period.

Here's a guy who was making a living working with snakes, crocs, etc.. He is killed, and that group of sickies on South Park want to make a joke of it.......that is the height of bad taste.........only in America as they say.

catman

Electoral Member
Sep 3, 2006
Anyone that watches South Park knows that in the South Park universe EVERYONE goes to hell except the MORMONS. And God is a Buddhist.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Hey johnny, "Cartoon Wars part I" from season 10 sums up the whole Islam thing real well. Thanx for the link. I never get to watch it. It's on when my boys are up or when I'm asleep. I think it is good tasteless humour. Just not for the faint of heart or kids.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Aww Jeez.

I didn't see the South Park episode but I know if you search for Irwin on Youtube, you will see many many videos poking fun at his death. In fact, immediately after he died someone posted his death video (they did say it was filmed correct?), so when you click on the death video it's the jaws song (do do, do do) and you see a stingray just swimming around, suddenly you hear Steve Irwin's voice saying "Crikey". I was personally quite shocked and left a nasty message for the poster. But it goes to show you that 1. people are screwed up enough to even click on the Steve Irwin's death video (me, I admit it) and 2. that people will make jokes at other people's expense because they are just as*holes.

Personally, don't watch South Park unless you have a black, sick sense of humour. The show where they had the chef as a pedophile made me ill. However, the episode where they discuss alcoholism was fantastic. I recommend it for anyone who uses the "alcoholism is a disease so it's ok that I hurt you" excuse (my exhusband eh hem)

But yes, everyone who dies on South Park goes to hell. Everyone.

And in some respects, Steve Irwin was the height of bad taste.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I just watched a couple episodes. If you look pastthe childish swearing and shyte jokes, you may see something deeper.

South Park, mindless humour? or A scathing satirical commentary about the present?

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
I love South Park. It's irreverent, politically incorrect, it pokes fun at everyone indiscriminately. No one is safe from their black humour ... even their own voices! Hayes left because they poked fun at Scientology ... I mean geez, like that cradle of madness could escape the arrows of SP wit.

I love that show. I think it's the perfect antidote to a world overwhelmed with PC madness. Ya, Irwin was awesome (if a tad insane) and a man who did a lot of good, but there is simply no immunity from dark satire. The best and the worst of mankind are equally likely to come under the South Park writers' guns. More power to em ... I don't think it would be easy to write this kind of show without showing any favouritism but they manage. Everyone gets whopped with the SP satire stick.

I suspect Irwin, wherever he is, is laughing his butt off at this. He loved attention and I seriously doubt he'd have worried about something like this.