Angelo Freeland-cop killer

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
So he was shot 68 times by a Florida SWAT team. Now his family wants an investigation into his death. They are claiming uncommon means and manners or some tripe like that... They are suing anyone ..........."yet"

However, this turd of a human being was suspected of killing a NYPD officer, and he shot a Florida deputy 8 times.
The eight bullet wounds on Polk County sheriff’s Deputy Matt Williams’ body tell a nightmarish story of his death at the hands of a calculating fugitive.Wounds were found on his right wrist, left bicep, rear left thigh, right leg, right buttock and upper right arm.The killer fired one shot at close range behind Williams’ right ear and another near his right temple, which showed a contact wound from where the gun muzzle touched his skin.

So lets see, there were 9 SWAT team members and 68 bullets divded by that is about 7.5 bullets per officer...

The way I see it the SWAT team members each got cheated out of one half shot each.

Screw the cop killer and his money grubbing family

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
So he was shot 68 times by a Florida SWAT team. Now his family wants an investigation into his death. They are claiming uncommon means and manners or some tripe like that... They are suing anyone ..........."yet"

However, this turd of a human being was suspected of killing a NYPD officer, and he shot a Florida deputy 8 times.
The eight bullet wounds on Polk County sheriff’s Deputy Matt Williams’ body tell a nightmarish story of his death at the hands of a calculating fugitive.Wounds were found on his right wrist, left bicep, rear left thigh, right leg, right buttock and upper right arm.The killer fired one shot at close range behind Williams’ right ear and another near his right temple, which showed a contact wound from where the gun muzzle touched his skin.

So lets see, there were 9 SWAT team members and 68 bullets divded by that is about 7.5 bullets per officer...

The way I see it the SWAT team members each got cheated out of one half shot each.

Screw the cop killer and his money grubbing family

Yeah.

People think you shoot a guy once and he drops like a stone and ceases to be a threat.........sorry, that ain't how it works.

AND you can fire 8 rounds into a guy pretty damn quick, even with a pistol. These can easily be fired in the couple of seconds in which the guy remains a threat, especially if you are shooting something like the H&K MP 5 submachine gun, which is almost universally used by police response teams.

Good shootin' Guys! :)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I think the key word here is "suspected". It sure doesn't sound like they were trying to bring him back alive does it?:rolleyes:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I think the key word here is "suspected". It sure doesn't sound like they were trying to bring him back alive does it?:rolleyes:

True enough, although the fact the SWAT team is facing civil threats as opposed to legal ones would lead one to believe their lives were threatened.......at least I hope so.

68 rounds seems like a lot, but I'm not surprized. One of the things we do in training is try to overcome the natural tendency of people to shoot whenever their buddies are shooting. If you are on the line, and ONE person opens fire, EVERYBODY opens fire.

It is understandable. If your buddy is shooting, he must be in danger, you should be shooting too.

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
Unless he was shooting at the Florida SWAT Team they didn't have a right to kill him even though he killed a few cops and I can understand why his family is investagating it and want to sue. Now if he was shooting at them then they had a right to shoot to kill.

Also do you happen to have a link to an article about this?

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Unless he was shooting at the Florida SWAT Team they didn't have a right to kill him even though he killed a few cops and I can understand why his family is investagating it and want to sue. Now if he was shooting at them then they had a right to shoot to kill.

Also do you happen to have a link to an article about this?

Heres an article about it...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,216538,00.html?sPage=fnc.national/crime

As far as I know he wouldnt show his hands to the SWAT team, don't know if he shot at them. to be honest I couldnt care less either. "Even though he killed a few cops" Nice...I suppose if one of the cops had been related to you, you might think differently.

That cop killer had nothing to lose, if he'd been caught the result would have been the same. Death penalty. The only state other than Florida that dispatches the scumbags quicker is my home state of Texas. 68 bullets is a hell of a lighter burden on the taxpayer than decades of incarceration...and appeal after endless appeal

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
Heres an article about it...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,216538,00.html?sPage=fnc.national/crime

As far as I know he wouldnt show his hands to the SWAT team, don't know if he shot at them. to be honest I couldnt care less either. "Even though he killed a few cops" Nice...I suppose if one of the cops had been related to you, you might think differently.

That cop killer had nothing to lose, if he'd been caught the result would have been the same. Death penalty. The only state other than Florida that dispatches the scumbags quicker is my home state of Texas. 68 bullets is a hell of a lighter burden on the taxpayer than decades of incarceration...and appeal after endless appeal

I have never had a family member who was a cop and even if I did i'd be sad if they we're killed, but I'd also realize that is part of the job. I did an internship at the county jail here and even though I was protected by Correctional Officers I understood the risk that I could of still been killed or attacked. It comes with the job don't do the job if your not going to risk losing your life doing it.

If i'm cold or what not I don't care anymore because it's the same thing anymore, but if it involves government type jobs in the US they can get away with what ever they please. Then again I don't agree with the Death Penalty either it's the easy way out for people so they don't have to live in remorse for the crimes they committed. *shrugs*

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I have never had a family member who was a cop and even if I did i'd be sad if they we're killed, but I'd also realize that is part of the job. I did an internship at the county jail here and even though I was protected by Correctional Officers I understood the risk that I could of still been killed or attacked. It comes with the job don't do the job if your not going to risk losing your life doing it.

If i'm cold or what not I don't care anymore because it's the same thing anymore, but if it involves government type jobs in the US they can get away with what ever they please. Then again I don't agree with the Death Penalty either it's the easy way out for people so they don't have to live in remorse for the crimes they committed. *shrugs*

I'm not a big fan of the death penalty either............but you are naive if you think most of these people live with "remorse". They might regret getting caught, but there are a hell of a lot of sociopaths out there.......folks without conscience.

AND I don't get your attitude towards police. You do a risky job in spite of the danger, yes. That DOES NOT mean you have to take a chance with some armed lunatic...............

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
I'm not a big fan of the death penalty either............but you are naive if you think most of these people live with "remorse". They might regret getting caught, but there are a hell of a lot of sociopaths out there.......folks without conscience.

AND I don't get your attitude towards police. You do a risky job in spite of the danger, yes. That DOES NOT mean you have to take a chance with some armed lunatic...............

Some of them do live with remorse, but alot of them don't even think twice about what they did they just hate being in jail. I never said they live with remorse, I said by giving them the death penalty they'll never get the chance to at least give the reason why they ended up there a second chance. I'm not saying everyone is the same, but working in a jail for 6 months and talking to the inmates most of them will say that they don't even give it a second thought about what they did, they just count down how many days they have left being in jail. I didn't only talk to drug dealers, people with traffic violations, but actual murders who murdered out of cold blood for money or revenge on loved ones. The only murder I talked to that had remorse for his crimes was the guy who killed his wife and burned down her house not knowing that their kids we're in the house, he felt bad for even killing her and because of it he tried to kill himself. I won't get into anymore details because i'm not allowed too.

I don't have anything against cops I respect them for putting their lives on the line each and every day they work, but by becoming a cop they also understand the risks of what can happen. It's sad if any cops gets killed or injured on the job. What I meant by It comes with the job don't do the job if your not going to risk losing your life doing it. was that you have to be willing to die doing the job you love other wise your not cut out to do it especally if it's a dangerous job that you put your life on the line for.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Don't know if this is fact or not, but it IS funny............(e-mailed to me by a friend)

GOOD ANSWER

As reported earlier this week, some dirtbag who got pulled over in a
routine traffic stop in Florida ended up "executing" the deputy who
stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind
his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed.

A statewide manhunt ensued.
The low-life was found hiding in a wooded area with his gun.
SWAT team officers fired and hit the guy 68 times.

Now here's the kicker:
Naturally, the media asked why they shot him
68 times
Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, told the Orlando Sentinel,
"That's all the bullets we had."

:) :) :)