Followup on Montreal Killing

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I posted this yesterday at the end of the original topic - but it may have been overlooked - we had a copy cat from that same website - perhaps it should have been closed down?

http://www.canadiancontent.net/en/j...0918/teen_internet_060918/20060918?hub=Canada

Followup to Gill story/website (copycat threat)

Quebec teen arrested for alleged Internet threats
Updated Mon. Sep. 18 2006 11:29 AM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

Quebec provincial police arrested a 15-year-old boy early this morning for allegedly making threats over the Internet against fellow students at a Montreal-area high school.

The teen allegedly used the website vampirefreaks.com -- the same site Kimveer Gill used before his shooting rampage at Dawson College last week.

The boy, a Westwood high school student in Hudson, Que., is still being interviewed by police.

"As far as we're concerned we're going to be looking through his house, looking for firearms or if he had access to them," Quebec provincial police spokesperson Jayson Gauthier told CTV Newsnet.

"We're also going to be seizing any materials," including software and Internet files, that may shed light on whether he wanted to act out on his school, or if it was a sick joke.

Gauthier said police became aware of the threats because of help from the public.

"Yesterday, several phone calls came in on the tip line, telling us that we should look at this individual closely," Gauthier said.

He said police didn't want to take any chances of a copycat incident from happening, so "therefore we proceeded with an arrest."

Police officers went to the boy's school Monday morning to reassure students and parents.

He was arrested at his home in Saint-Clet, just southwest of Montreal.

Gauthier did not reveal what the boy wrote or whether he had access to weapons.

"But nonetheless, we've seen on that site and other sites where people are posting best wishes for (Gill), saying that this person, this individual was a hero," he said.

"There's no other way to treat this but to take it very seriously."

While police are doing their best to track Internet threats, added Gauthier, he said they will continue to need help from the public.

"We can't police all the sites, and we're going to need the public's help to crack down on these individuals."

Imagine law enforcement having to defend interception of what might have been a copycat.... good work...too bad they missed Gill before he went on his rampage.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
RE: Followup on Montreal

Yeah, indeed, good work-
It is a sort of irony that ol Kimveer may have sounded the death knell for the whole idiotic subculture... I have no problems with folks doing whatever they like as far as clothing and music and all that jazz, but I always thought that them folks who think they are vampires were just plain silly, hopefully this sad case will make a few kids realize how goofy the whole deal really is- I bet ol Kimveer giving the feds EVERY REASON to lock down their little "covens" super tight is gonna make a lot of angst-ridden losers decide to try something a little more productive, realistic and well, just plain less goofy. Here's hoping- oh and sell you shares in black nail-polish and lipstick companies NOW, just in case ;)

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Maybe goths and their vampire cousins need a wake-up call. They're visible on the street of any Canadian city. A weird, hardcore subculture allowed its pained existence because of the reach of tribalism, Canada's official cultural platform. Goths have gotta go.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
One thing

Not much has been made of the fact that Gil shot the one lady 9 times. It was almost like he wanted to be sure she was dead.. It has been said that Gill had no conection to that school but I wonder if there was a connection to that woman.

A conspiracy theory?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
#juan said:
One thing

Not much has been made of the fact that Gil shot the one lady 9 times. It was almost like he wanted to be sure she was dead.. It has been said that Gill had no conection to that school but I wonder if there was a connection to that woman.

A conspiracy theory?

I read a couple of things........

1. Some female idiot in the USA was on-line with Gill the day before the killings asking if she could help in his war on preppies. She also went on about how she hated the colour pink.......which was the deceased woman's favourite colour.........I wonder what she was wearing?

2. It seems somebody in the school was pleading with Gill (from cover) to let her come out and help her wounded friend, whereas Gill walked up to the wounded woman and shot her several more times.

Real piece of work, Mr. Gill.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Sound like he found the target he wanted and made sure he killed her. Slime like this will rot in ever lasting hell. I hope.

Juan with the internet he may off met the girl on line somewhere and from that his hatred could of grown. It is plausable your theory.