Willy Nelson: Marijuana and Mushrooms

Willie Nelson and four others were
cited in Louisiana for possession of
marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms.

LAFAYETTE, Louisiana (AP) -- Willie Nelson and four others were issued misdemeanor citations for possession of narcotic mushrooms and marijuana after a traffic stop Monday morning on a Louisiana highway, state police said.

The citations were issued after a commercial vehicle inspection of the country music star's tour bus, state police said in a news release.

"When the door was opened and the trooper began to speak to the driver, he smelled the strong odor of marijuana," the news release said.

A search of the bus produced 11/2 pounds of marijuana and 0.2 pounds of narcotic mushrooms, according to state police.

A call to Nelson's publicist wasn't immediately returned.

Also cited were Tony Sizemore, 59, of St. Cloud, Florida; Bobbie Nelson, 75, of Briarcliff, Texas; Gates Moore, 54, of Austin, Texas; and David Anderson, 50, of Dallas, Texas.

Each was released after being issued a citation.

Nelson, 73, has recorded songs including "On the Road Again" and "City of New Orleans."

www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Musi....ap/index.html (external - login to view)

Willy's at it again.
What a scandal!!!
1 and a half pounds of weed? bloody hell!
oh my god!!! what the hell's going on with the world?
That's not too bad, it's funny when senior citizens get caught with the chronic, and I can't even wrap my head around someone doing mushrooms at 73, MAN he is hardcore
Willie's got a great voice and a tiny brain. Just so long as he doesn't think whatever is happening in his noodle is interesting to the world at large. I just wish he'd go away. And the press that follows him jump in the boat and help him paddle.
Dennis Miller said: the old people got all the good Drugs EH?
Lyrics - On the Road Again

"On the road again,

I just can't wait to start smokin again,

life ain't nothing without doin shrooms with my friends,

I can't wait to get blasted again"
I love Willie Nelson. But really, what was he thinking, a bus full of long haired hippy people, Louisiana? The more things change........
Pound and a half!!!

Hard to convince a judge that's for personal use.

Looks like someone could be doing some time, unless, it was "on the bus to begin with".....lol

Shoulda got caught in Kanada.....2 days, suspended, 3 months community service. On appeal......suspended,,time served........Gidday.

Willy, you crazy old bastard ya. First it's the IRS, now the DEA.

My hero.