The religion of Peace is upset again...

Once again, Islam has its panties all bunched up and they are peacefully buring pictures of the Pope (and anything else lying around) and peacefully rioting thru the slums of exotic lush places like Allahabad, India, and Ankara, Turkey...

Picture found in dictionary next to "Peaceful Islamic Demostrator"

This rioting bit is getting old, I think they need a new act. Not to mention that all of these peacful protests must really put a strain on their city's clean-up crews...
what i heard was that whatever it was the pope said wasnt even his words, he was quoting.
Here what the Pope said,

Benedict quoted from a book recounting a conversation between 14th century Byzantine Christian Emperor Manuel Paleologos II and a Persian scholar on the truths of Christianity and Islam.

"The emperor comes to speak about the issue of jihad, holy war," the pope said. "He said, I quote, 'Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."'

Not his words just talking about an Emperor from oh...700 years ago or so, give or take a few...

Heres what Salih Kapusuz, a deputy leader of Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's party, take on what the pope said

"He has a dark mentality that comes from the darkness of the Middle Ages. He is a poor thing that has not benefited from the spirit of reform in the Christian world," Kapusuz was quoted as saying by the state-owned Anatolia news agency. "It looks like an effort to revive the mentality of the Crusades."

"Benedict, the author of such unfortunate and insolent remarks, is going down in history for his words," he said. "He is going down in history in the same category as leaders such as (Adolf) Hitler and (Benito) Mussolini."

Hmmmm... blow things out of proportion much, Salih?
Yeah, I admit that I find it more and more difficult to defend Islam as a religion...........and yes, I have defended it.

The 'religion of peace" was spread by the sword, and pagans put to death. Christians and Jews were spared as "people of the book" that worshipped the same God.

My best friend spent seven years in Saudi Arabia. He said one of the oddest things was the ID cards they all had to wear inside the military hiospital compound.......they identified religion. Only two were acceptable.......Islam, or Christian. All the hundreds of Indians (Hindu) and other Asians (some Buddhists) were IDed as CHRISTIAN because otherwise, as it was explained to him, the Islamics would be required to kill them.

Religion of peace.

I see.
Interesting, the Turkish Prime Minister said
"He is a poor thing that has not benefited from the spirit of reform in the Christian world"

Now not related to the Popes Comments, I wonder where their has been Muslim Reform? United Arab Emeraites (spelling i know) is pretty reformed, I guess Lybia and Algerea, I cant think of many other places, but I dont know a single stuck in the past Christian Country.

And I dont think people can Say the USA because of Bush is slightly fundamental in his belif, because thats just bush There has been *** loads of very Good Christain Leaders in The USA, so you can say oh the USA is stuck in the past it wont fly, so id thougth id stop the aoens from saying stupid **** liek that beforethey began