Israeli airstrike slaughters children

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Israeli airstrike slaughters children

Up to 50 people have been killed - more than half of them children - when Israeli missiles struck a southern Lebanese village, flattening houses on top of sleeping residents.

Civil defence workers said up to 50 civilians who had sought refuge in a building that collapsed were killed.

The bodies of at least 27 children were found in the rubble, said Abu Shadi Jradi, a civil defence official at the scene.

At least 10 children's bodies had been pulled out, placed in plastic bags and loaded in ambulances, he said.

An Associated Press reporter saw 20 bodies, wrapped in white sheets, being taken away. The dead included 10 children and several elderly men and women.

The Israeli army said it targeted Qana because rockets have been repeatedly launched from the area on Israel.

"We were attacking launchers that were firing missiles," said Captain Jacob Dallal, an Israeli army spokesman.

He said the army dropped leaflets several days ago telling civilians to leave Qana.

Lebanese Defence Minister Elias Murr disputed allegations that Hezbollah was firing missiles from Qana.

"What do you expect Israel to say? Will it say that it killed 40 children and women?" he told Qatar-based al-Jazeera TV station.

Lebanese Prime Minister Fuad Saniora said the attack reinforced his calls for a ceasefire.

"There is no place at this sad moment for any discussions other than an immediate and unconditional ceasefire as well as international investigation of the Israeli massacres in Lebanon now," he said.

Lebanese security officials said the strike was at 1am local time at Qana, a village in the hills east of the port city of Tyre.

A three-storey building in the village took a direct hit. Hezbollah's al-Manar TV channel said over 50 people, including 21 children, had died.

The dead were old people, women and children from four families who residents said they gather to spend the night on the ground floor where they felt they were safe from the bombardment.

Rescuers aided by villagers were digging by hand to look for casualties. Others were evacuating shell-shocked old people from neighbouring housing.

"We want this to stop," shouted villager Mohammed Ismail. "May God have mercy on the children. They came here to escape the fighting.

"They are hitting children to bring the fighters to their knees," he said.

In April 1996 more than 100 Lebanese civilians were killed at the same village in an Israeli artillery shelling of a UN base. The civilians had sought refuge with the UN to escape Israeli bombardment.

The attack on Qana came as heavy fighting erupted along the border between Hezbollah and the Israeli army.

Hezbollah's al-Manar TV channel said Israeli troops had "infiltrated" a zone known as the Taibeh Project area, some two miles inside Lebanon. It said the Israeli force was a commando unit known as "the Golani Brigade", and that two soldiers had been killed.

The Israeli army said troops were operating in the Taibeh area since early morning, and that only one soldier was moderately wounded.

AOL Britain poll
Has Israel gone too far?

Poll results are: Votes... Percent
Yes ................2776 .......80%
No .................703 ........20%

Total votes for this poll are: 3479

http://news.aol.co.uk/article.adp?id=20060730100809990001

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Caleb-Dain Matton said:
Israel is SCUM.

No.

Hezbollah is scum.

Israel is a tiny nation surrounded by enemies. Israel is a free society. Israel treats its minorities well. Israel fights back when it is threatened.

Hezbollah is a proxy army of Iran and Syria, two of the most repressive regimes in the world. Hezbollah has placed itself among the people of south Lebanon (with their tacit approval) as a shield against Israeli retaliation.

As I said, as a people you are responsible for those you allow to represent you. Hezbollah is responsible for the current mess. Israel is defending itself. Hezbollah has chosen to hide among civilians, and the population has allowed it, so my sympathy for them is very limited.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org
Colpy said:
Caleb-Dain Matton said:
Israel is SCUM.

No.

Hezbollah is scum.

Israel is a tiny nation surrounded by enemies. Israel is a free society. Israel treats its minorities well. Israel fights back when it is threatened.

Hezbollah is a proxy army of Iran and Syria, two of the most repressive regimes in the world. Hezbollah has placed itself among the people of south Lebanon (with their tacit approval) as a shield against Israeli retaliation.

As I said, as a people you are responsible for those you allow to represent you. Hezbollah is responsible for the current mess. Israel is defending itself. Hezbollah has chosen to hide among civilians, and the population has allowed it, so my sympathy for them is very limited.

Israel is a paradox country -- better know as the Jewnited States of America.

I have little sympathy for Israel and the U.S. -- perspectives are a great thing!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hezbollah is scum.

Israel is the most heavily armed country for it's size in the world. It is not a tiny nation when it is backed both militarily and financially by the U.S.. Israel, along with their backers, are the biggest barrier to world peace in the world today. This foray into Lebanon ostensibly because of the Israeli soldiers taken captive, is B.S.. The Israelis won't be satisfied until Lebanon is in the same shape as Iraq.

shannon

Nominee Member
Jul 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Caleb-Dain Matton said:
Israel is SCUM.

What does that make the Hezbollah terrorists? At least Israel has the insight to launch it's attacks in an area inhabited by the Hezbollah terrorists. Where is Hezbollah launching it's rockets? Who are they targetting? The civilian population of Israel, no one else.

What we need is a multinational force of troops to go after the Hezbollah terrorists, given that the Lebanese government will not do it. As we all know, the ongoing global war on terror has no borders and given that Canada has listed Hezbollah on it's list of terrorist organizations, Canadian troops would very likely form part of this multinational force.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
I don't think members of the Canadian airforce who dropped bombs and killed more than 200,000 women and children in WW2 are scum.... and Canada never did this because we were threatened or attacked.

The Arabs remind me of hysterical children having a temper tantrum. So be it. I hope Israel gets tired of giving them a light spanking and gets out the belt. Hezbollah are pathetic worms who need to be squished.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
better know as the Jewnited States of America.

Ah, now we're getting to the crux of it.........at least you are honest in your bigotry.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org
Re: RE: Israeli airstrike slaughters children

Colpy said:
better know as the Jewnited States of America.

Ah, now we're getting to the crux of it.........at least you are honest in your bigotry.

Just remember who coined it! Hopefully, it will catch on like wildfire. But, I'm a little confused as to a more catch spelling: should it be Jewnited or Junited? Maybe I'll start a poll.

Graeme

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2006
Caleb-Dain Matton said:
Colpy said:
Caleb-Dain Matton said:
Israel is SCUM.

No.

Hezbollah is scum.

I have little sympathy for Israel and the U.S. -- perspectives are a great thing!

Yes, and obviously you have very little perspective. Why would you be so ignorant as to believe that hezbollah is the victim here?

Do you not believe that Israel has a right to defend its people who have been persecuted since around 600 BCE. Only in 1948 did they finally re-gain soverign control over their nation (which was founded around 1800 BC)

Now you tell me. If you were under occupation for oh 2550 years and you FINALLY won the right to have a free nation. THEN you set up that nation to the highest ethical standard at the time - providing a constitution and free democratic elections, WOULD YOU NOT FIGHT TO KEEP IT AS SUCH! Especially when it comes to terrorist groups and rouge countries who swear by the destruction of your civilization and would prefer your society to be compeltely wiped off the face of the earth.

If you can really say you would not fight too keep your relatively righteous ideals, and your free society, then I say you don't not deserve the privlage of living in such a society. Which by the way, was won through the deaths of countless thousands during wars FAR more brutal than what we currently see in Lebanon and Gaza.

Graeme

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2006
Colpy said:
Caleb-Dain Matton said:
Israel is SCUM.

No.

Hezbollah is scum.

also I 100% agree with this post.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org
Graeme said:
Caleb-Dain Matton said:
Colpy said:
Caleb-Dain Matton said:
Israel is SCUM.

No.

Hezbollah is scum.

Yes, and obviously you have very little perspective. Why would you be so ignorant as to believe that hezbollah is the victim here?

Do you not believe that Israel has a right to defend its people who have been persecuted since around 600 BCE. Only in 1948 did they finally re-gain soverign control over their nation (which was founded around 1800 BC)

Now you tell me. If you were under occupation for oh 2550 years and you FINALLY won the right to have a free nation. THEN you set up that nation to the highest ethical standard at the time - providing a constitution and free democratic elections, WOULD YOU NOT FIGHT TO KEEP IT AS SUCH! Especially when it comes to terrorist groups and rouge countries who swear by the destruction of your civilization and would prefer your society to be compeltely wiped off the face of the earth.

If you can really say you would not fight too keep your relatively righteous ideals, and your free society, then I say you don't not deserve the privlage of living in such a society. Which by the way, was won through the deaths of countless thousands during wars FAR more brutal than what we currently see in Lebanon and Gaza.

Name countless countries or races that hasn't suffered persecution Graeme. Take the Acadians for instance here in Canada where more than 4000 of them were persecuted in Nova Scotia under the thumb of England. Should the Acadians commence bombing Ontario? Anyone who uses data from BCE is not going to have a lot of headroom for current affairs. I stand by Hamas/Hezbollah, victims of Zionist persecution.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Ah, but the Acadian Expulsion was 250 years ago.........any retaliation done now would be insane.......as no one living experienced the abuse, it would not even be revenge.

What Israel is doing is self-defense. They intend to stop a large and dangerous enemy that attacked them, and has as its stated purpose the absolute destruction of their nation. Good luck to Israel, and I hope they enjoy every success.

Death to Hezbollah and Hamas...........scum of the earth.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005

Colpy said:
Ah, but the Acadian Expulsion was 250 years ago.........any retaliation done now would be insane.......as no one living experienced the abuse, it would not even be revenge.

What Israel is doing is self-defense. They intend to stop a large and dangerous enemy that attacked them, and has as its stated purpose the absolute destruction of their nation. Good luck to Israel, and I hope they enjoy every success.

Death to Hezbollah and Hamas...........scum of the earth.

Agreed. Fortunately the Arabs are so pathetic they'll now work themselves up into one of their drunken frenzies in which they'll scream anti Israeli and Anti-American hyterics. Almost comical in their incompetence....reruns of the same comedy show for the last 60 years.

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
Hezbollah are cowards, hiding their missle launchers in the middle of civilian populations, hiding behind women's skirts. They are low life, and the rest of Lebanon should realize that fact. That said, Israel should have taken more care in this round of attacks.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
There is now information coming out of the ME that this slaughter may have been caused by hezbolla. Of course this will be immediately dismissed by the anti-U.S.,anti Israel l deep thinkers.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal

athabaska said:
Agreed. Fortunately the Arabs are so pathetic they'll now work themselves up into one of their drunken frenzies in which they'll scream anti Israeli and Anti-American hyterics. Almost comical in their incompetence....reruns of the same comedy show for the last 60 years.

Ummm... Please... Let's not make generalizations please. Saying ''all Arabs are pathetic'' is kind of a stretch don't you think. It's pretty much the same thing as saying all Jews are assholes, which isn't true of course.

A little moderation never hurts anyone.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
I wonder if there isn't something in the early formation of babies learning Arabic that doesn't lead itself to an inability for rational thought.

Lets see: Jump up and down and scream death to Israel. Kidnap and Israeli soldier and lob rockets to kill as many Israeli women and children as possible. Then, after the Israelis turn the Arabs over their knee and give them a spanking, the Arabs do it all over again...and again..and again...for 60 years and counting. Four generations of Palestinian living in squalor and more to come.