Don't travel to Lebanon

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O "Don't travel to Lebanon; Canadians warned", states the CBC.ca liner this morning.

:roll: Holy shit Sherlock, I'm gonna havta cancel my Lebanon junket this year.

Guess I'll go to choice 15,989......Chad, instead. #15,988, Lebanon will just have to wait a bit.

Sure glad they told us. Imagine the dissapointed tourists.

:roll:

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
oldnugly said:
8O "Don't travel to Lebanon; Canadians warned", states the CBC.ca liner this morning.

:roll: Holy shit Sherlock, I'm gonna havta cancel my Lebanon junket this year.

Guess I'll go to choice 15,989......Chad, instead. #15,988, Lebanon will just have to wait a bit.

Sure glad they told us. Imagine the dissapointed tourists.

:roll:

supposedly Lebanon was once a great place to visit... However I do not think I'll be going for awhile.

Besides how many times in the last 40 years have Canadians been warned not to go to most parts of the middle east?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Yep Finder, I imagine at one time, Lebanon was a jewel.

Great what a few years of war and bloodshed can do for a place eh?

I'm being tongue in cheek sarcastic here Finder, as I was in the previous post.

I guess my point being that it really sucks what warring factions can do to a beautiful land and its' people.

Imagine what would happen say if Ottawa and Toronto got into a civil war. Toronto would be left a smoking ruin bereft of kind and gentle people instead of the................smoking ruin bereft of kind and gentle people it is today. 8O

J O K E........JOKE.........JOKE........... :roll:

Kodiak

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2006
Nanaimo
You know that some idiot will think it a great idea to go travelling to Lebanon, get into trouble and whine because the Canadian government and its people are not doing enough to save their dumb, sorry a**. I have always been amazed that people need to be told about common-sense.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I was in Lebanon in 1960.

The place was like paradise, beautiful beaches, great hotels. I've only seen pictures of what it is now. Beruit is now probably comparable to Bagdad. Israel has invaded and bombed the hell out of the place a dozen times.

I would imagine the tourism industry in Lebanon is likely in a bit of a recession.

Freethinker

Electoral Member
Jan 18, 2006
It is really sad because Lebanon was finally recovering from the last time it's territory was used as a battlefield.

But a flourishing unoccupied (as there was no Israeli presence in Lebanon)country would not be in the best interest of a militant group like Hezbollah. War gives them continued relevance.

It may look like Israel played into Hezbollahs hands, but in reality both sides just moved toward the inevitable. Israel has long wanted the removal of the armed threat on it's northern border.

So when offerred a reason, Israel accepted and now they have the war that both of them have some reason to be involved in.

Like so many other conflicts it is not really the spark that caused this. Tinder was stacked in waiting to catch any spark whatever it might be.