Reaction from Moderate Canadian Muslims

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005
I am finding that Canadian news sources are not trying to provide any balance in their reporting of the arrests on the weekend and the response of the Muslim community. The New York Times is providing balance and the reaction of Muslims apart from the lawyers and spokespeople for those arrested. (You need to register to read but it is free)

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/04/world/americas/04toronto.html?pagewanted=2

Tarek Fatah, the communications director of the Muslim Canadian Congress, a national group, said that Mr. Jamal, the oldest of the suspects, is a well-known and fiery figure in the Toronto area's South Asian community, and that he was the imam of the Ar-Rahman Quran Learning Center, a mosque in a rented industrial building in Mississauga.

Immigration from South Asia greatly expanded in Canada beginning in the 1970's, and, like several Canadian cities, Toronto and its suburbs have long had a large and prominent South Asian community. "He took over an otherwise peaceful mosque and threw out the old management," Mr. Fatah said. "There were reports throughout the community of him making hate speeches."

The mosque did not respond to phone messages. "This is the work of people who believe they are victimized when they are not," Mr. Fatah said. "Many Islamacists are preying on the Islamic community."

"Law enforcement agencies have done a great service to the Muslim community by busting this terrorist cell," he added.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Even though I did hear "Moderate Canadian Muslims" opinions on the news concerning these arrests I don't believe that is the issue. The issue is we arrested some people who were going to blow some shit up, not "Moderate Canadian Muslims" aren't blowing things up themselves and don’t approve of people who do. It was also reported this wasn’t a "religious" act but a political one.

I didn't hear any one interviewing "Christians" about the issue, or "Jewish" people either and no one was looking to me to provide an interview.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Racist BS. Muslim people are as well political. They didn't need to attack Canada on Islamic values, they were attacking Canada, if they are terrorists they are innocent until proven quilty, because they don't like the Conservatives and what the conservatives were doing.

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005
Re: RE: Reaction from Moderate Canadian Muslims

Jay said:
Even though I did hear "Moderate Canadian Muslims" opinions on the news concerning these arrests I don't believe that is the issue. The issue is we arrested some people who were going to blow some shit up, not "Moderate Canadian Muslims" aren't blowing things up themselves and don’t approve of people who do. It was also reported this wasn’t a "religious" act but a political one.

I didn't hear any one interviewing "Christians" about the issue, or "Jewish" people either and no one was looking to me to provide an interview.

It is important to recognize that this is a very fringe group. Look at the US where the vast majority of Muslims live law abiding lives and have nothing to do with extremism. One frequently hears statements to the effect that if moderate Muslims do not support extremism why are they so silent. Well here you have a very clear statement.

Have you called any of the new shows about an interview? Naked news is always looking for political commentators.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Perhaps this is where my problem is....I realize this is a fringe group.

Naked news is always looking for political commentators.

:lol:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Jersay said:
Racist BS. Muslim people are as well political. They didn't need to attack Canada on Islamic values, they were attacking Canada, if they are terrorists they are innocent until proven quilty, because they don't like the Conservatives and what the conservatives were doing.

OH, I see.

I hate to pint this out, but this little plot has been on the burner for a lot longer than the Conservatives have been in power........

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
There is no sense in talking to Jersay and some of the others about issues like that. They only see what they want to see.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Jersay said:

It's total feckin coincidence that virtually all the terrorism in the world today is perpetrated by MUSLIM extremists. Remember, it's a religion of peace!

<gag>

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
sanch said:

Immigration from South Asia greatly expanded in Canada beginning in the 1970's, and, like several Canadian cities, Toronto and its suburbs have long had a large and prominent South Asian community. "He took over an otherwise peaceful mosque and threw out the old management," Mr. Fatah said. "There were reports throughout the community of him making hate speeches."

what did South Asians do?

were they (arrested ones) originally from South Asia?

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Then obviously if there was a longstanding problem of hate speech at a mosque, membership there should have done something about it. It's been reported that the U of T has also had imams visit Muslim prayer meetings there and preach violence. Complaints to U of T admin were, according to the writer, ignored.
Being multicultural doesn't mean you don't rock the boat. It does mean you make the vessel safe for all.

akpower

Jun 21, 2006
MMMike said:
It's total *censored* coincidence that virtually all the terrorism in the world today is perpetrated by MUSLIM extremists. Remember, it's a religion of peace!

<gag>

What u forgot to mention that these extremists constiture perhaps 0.0001% of the Muslim population. Since the advent of Islam, billions of Muslims have lived in all parts of the world without creating any such issues.

If something is practised by only 1 in a 10,000 for instance then there surely has to be something wrong with it. BTW by that something i mean extremism.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
What u forgot to mention that these extremists constiture perhaps 0.0001% of the Muslim population. Since the advent of Islam, billions of Muslims have lived in all parts of the world without creating any such issues.

If something is practised by only 1 in a 10,000 for instance then there surely has to be something wrong with it. BTW by that something i mean extremism.

And another thing he has forgotten is that Muslims don't make up all terrorist actions. They are only a small minority of all the terrorist groups that float around the world nowadays.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Jersay said:
[quote

And another thing he has forgotten is that Muslims don't make up all terrorist actions. They are only a small minority of all the terrorist groups that float around the world nowadays.

No shit Sherlock. Well let's just go out and arrest a bunch of "other terrorists". No matter the IRA didn't have anything planned in Canada, they're probably guilty as hell anyway.

Hope you never get into a decision making rank in the Armed Forces.
God help us.

THE MUSLIMS WERE PLANNING STUFF, NOT "OTHER GROUPS" :evil:

If your leg is broken, do you put a cast on your arm??

ahhhhhhhh :?

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
oldnugly said:
Jersay said:
[quote

No shit Sherlock. Well let's just go out and arrest a bunch of "other terrorists". No matter the IRA didn't have anything planned in Canada, they're probably guilty as hell anyway.

God help us.

Agreed. Muslims want to kill our children. Blow them up. I don't give a 'beep' about how nice the majority are. Unlike others here I've had conversations with those 'moderate' muslim Canadians and wouldn't trust most of them. Yes, 99% aren't violent but enough of that 99% are sympathetic to folks who want to kill our children and are willing to follow too many statements with 'but'.

I don't condone violence 'but'....

al Qauida is bad 'but'...

9/11 was a tragedy 'but'...

I am no longer tolerant of a religion that puts a sympathetic 'but' at the end of condemantion about whackos who want to kill my children. I do not want more muslim immigrants let into Canada. I don't trust that among them there will not be a few individuals who want to kill my children.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
oldnugly said:
Jersay said:
[quote

God help us.

I haven't you in anyway dipshit, are you just a dipshit. Well I guess you are so good bye to you dipshit.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Since the worst attack in Canadian history wasn't done by Muslims i guess we should ban those people too. And what about the Armenians and the Hungarians that attacked Canada.

What dipshits. Scared dipshits. Go back to you f*ing holes in the ground and don't come out especially you oldnugly because you wouldn't be able to make an intelligent statement or important thing in your whole life. Dumbass.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
Where are the 17 Armenians plotting to kill my children. Please identify them or, better still, call the RCMP. This is 2006 and ther are Muslims in Canada plotting to kill us.

Claudius

Electoral Member
May 23, 2006
Just a point of fact: There are not billions of Muslims. Estimates range between 700M and 1.2B.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Jersay said:
[quote="

I haven't you in anyway dipshit, are you just a dipshit. Well I guess you are so good bye to you dipshit.

You haven't me in any way. Good first line. Is this a poem in open verse?

Anyway, I'm still here. I'll let you know ifn I decide to leave. But, if goodbye makes you happy in your pretend life, you may say it if you wish. Free country.

Do you pound the keyboard and scream when folks disagree with you?

Ah me........ :?