Is the Pope on crack?

quinton

Electoral Member
Jan 20, 2006
Pope benedict thinks slowed population growth is bad.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/060520/w052050.html

Is this guy crazy?

He is talking as though Canada's low birth rate is bad and is resulting from the "pervasive effects of secularism".

Doesn't he realize the earth's resources are finite and we are already losing species to extinction?

Thank "god" for secularism or things would be worse!

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
quinton said:
Pope benedict thinks slowed population growth is bad.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/060520/w052050.html

Is this guy crazy?

He is talking as though Canada's low birth rate is bad and is resulting from the "pervasive effects of secularism".

Doesn't he realize the earth's resources are finite and we are already losing species to extinction?

Thank "god" for secularism or things would be worse!

Does it say in the Bible that people should pop out as many kids as they can?

quinton

Electoral Member
Jan 20, 2006
JonB2004 I think it might say something to that effect like "Be fruitful and multiply" but I am no biblical scholar.

All I know is the bible is a load of garbage, mythology and fiction combined with ideas and concepts that are vindictive, short-sighted and ecologically disastrous.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
I've only read the first 15 pages of the Bible and I think it is a complete joke.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Re: RE: Is the Pope on crack?

darkbeaver said:
Tam what does being 70 mean to you? Are you an age descriminator?

The pope is a fool, I know more about god than he does.

Benny XIV the nazi.

Id rather think he's senile than purposely stupid........just me

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Yes, the Pope is on crack. Anyone who believes that much in myths and superstitions must be on crack. As well as anyone who wants to screw up the world by telling people not to use birth control.

Apparently he hasn't noticed even many, if not most rc's don't agree with most of his dogma.

quinton

Electoral Member
Jan 20, 2006
Hahaha

I think they purposely hire a Pope who is super old so that he'll die soon and the catholic religion will get huge press time taking over the news for a week during the funeral and another week during the selection of a new Pope.

quinton

Electoral Member
Jan 20, 2006
Seriously this is a major problem.

If the Catholic ringleader had his way his religion would take over the world literally with billions of his followers breeding like rabbits.

Then, what space and resources would be left for other people let alone wildlife and biodiversity?

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Re: RE: Is the Pope on crack?

quinton said:
Hahaha

I think they purposely hire a Pope who is super old so that he'll die soon and the catholic religion will get huge press time taking over the news for a week during the funeral and another week during the selection of a new Pope.

To be pope I think you have to be either 60+ or 70+. Don't remember.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I think those calling others "stupid" should check their own IQs.

Virtually every religion wants to expand and be the only religion. That is normal. I believe the Pope is required to preach the church doctrine, not his own opinions. I don't belong to any church but I know a lot of good people who are Christians. Some are Catholics.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
BTW, the youngest recent Pope was Pope John Paul 2, elected at 58. The youngest Pope was JohnX11, elected at approx. 18 years of age.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I think he is lacking in common sense. This isn't the only issue that illustrates that. When I see what they say about condoms not working to prevent the spread of HIV, I know that their religious agenda is more important to them than anything else.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The Pope is Catholic.

Catholicism is an evil religion. It spreads Aids around Catholic countries by saying the wearing of condoms is a sin.

Years ago, the English used to burn them at the stake.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
#juan said:
I think those calling others "stupid" should check their own IQs.

Virtually every religion wants to expand and be the only religion. That is normal. I believe the Pope is required to preach the church doctrine, not his own opinions. I don't belong to any church but I know a lot of good people who are Christians. Some are Catholics.

But Doll, I WAS Catholic I AM just as stupid! ;)