'Cowards' Targeted Graves, Veterans' Spokesman Says

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

'Cowards' Targeted Graves, Veterans' Spokesman Says
May 9, 2006
Globeandmail.com
To Shot to Excerpt:
Kamloops -- A veterans' spokesman blames "cowards" for targeting military graves and burning a Canadian flag.

Gord Marsh of the Army, Navy and Air Force Veterans Association said yesterday someone overturned veterans' headstones at the Pleasant Street Cemetery.

The vandals also burned or destroyed Canadian flags marking those graves for a special VE-Day ceremony planned for last night.

RCMP Corporal Fran Bethell said police have no suspects. "We haven't been able to locate any suspects, so we're making an appeal to the community." CP

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20060509.BCBRIEFS09-3/TPStory/National

What kind of sick people would do this? .. *Bleep! Bleep! Bleep!*

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
there are far more pressing issues than this

i personally dont care

Not shocking considering the type of person you are.

Now back to discussing something/someone of worth:

What kind of sick people would do this? .. *Bleep! Bleep! Bleep!*

People that have no respect for the dead. Put aside the fact they're former service men and women. The very act of desecrating someones gravesite is digusting. To me, the fact that these graves were a final resting place of men and women who have served this nation adds a certain poignancy to the whole act.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
About the same type as you. Anything more i'll refrain from saying as I don't want this post ending up in wreck beach. Now if you'll excuse me, much more important things to do than wax emotional with you :)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Everyone has dreams, expectations,

and wishes for their lives. Soldiers are no different. Whether a person dies in a firefight in Korea, steps in front of a bus, or succumbs to a stroke in Kamloops, we should be able to expect our remains to lie in peace.