Elton John Marries

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Good site, Ocean! I love celeb gossip (it's my dirty little secret ... out of the bag now!) but usually get mine from dose.ca

Good for Elton! When knights get married to same sex partners it does help drag the whole thing out of the dark ages.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
The one thing though it is called "Civil Partnership" and not what it should be called Marriage. Canada, South Africa, Belgium, Spain and Holland at least call it what it is Marriage.

But nevertheless it is still a step in the right direction, unlike the way they are headed in Jesusland.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
It is a compromise, something Canadians are supposed to be good at.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Whatever it is called,Elton and his partner will have all the benefits of a marriage.I don't understand why we are so hung up on words :?

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Here's an article Elton John wrote for The Observer (I posted it elsewhere, but it fits better here. Apologies to those who've already seen it).

It has been a long struggle for equal rights for gay people in Britain, but now, in the 21st century, we have real civil rights, tolerance and final acceptance of our lives.

Next Wednesday, on the happiest day of my life, when I celebrate a civil partnership with David, I will be thinking, however, about those less fortunate than we are. In many countries, having a same-sex partner is still outlawed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/gayrights/story/0,12592,1670097,00.html

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Hard-Luck Henry said: