Elton John Marries

Ocean Breeze
toronto.fashion-monitor.com/n...2003elton-john (external - login to view)

EJohn to marry tomorrow. Best wishes to the happy couple.

( ........as I write this .I wonder if we should have a section for trivia and such.......??? CC Inquirer?????
Ocean Breeze
Vancouver's Bryan Adams attends pre-wedding bachelor bash for the couple.

msnbc.msn.com/id/10546037/ (external - login to view)

( an aside: anyone here going to see Bryan Adams in Jan .....besides' YT???)
Good site, Ocean! I love celeb gossip (it's my dirty little secret ... out of the bag now!) but usually get mine from dose.ca

Good for Elton! When knights get married to same sex partners it does help drag the whole thing out of the dark ages.
The one thing though it is called "Civil Partnership" and not what it should be called Marriage. Canada, South Africa, Belgium, Spain and Holland at least call it what it is Marriage.

But nevertheless it is still a step in the right direction, unlike the way they are headed in Jesusland.
I think the English did it right.
How so?
Quote: Originally Posted by no1important

The one thing though it is called "Civil Partnership" .....

What I meant is why you feel that's the "right way"?

Because most same-sex couples I know refer to themselves as "married".
It is a compromise, something Canadians are supposed to be good at.
I just don't see how compromising on people's civil rights can be "right". At least, not in the sense of "right" meaning "correct".
Whatever it is called,Elton and his partner will have all the benefits of a marriage.I don't understand why we are so hung up on words
Hard-Luck Henry
Here's an article Elton John wrote for The Observer (I posted it elsewhere, but it fits better here. Apologies to those who've already seen it).

It has been a long struggle for equal rights for gay people in Britain, but now, in the 21st century, we have real civil rights, tolerance and final acceptance of our lives.

Next Wednesday, on the happiest day of my life, when I celebrate a civil partnership with David, I will be thinking, however, about those less fortunate than we are. In many countries, having a same-sex partner is still outlawed.

www.guardian.co.uk/gayrights/...670097,00.html (external - login to view)
Jo Canadian
Quote: Originally Posted by Hard-Luck Henry

www.guardian.co.uk/gayrights/...670097,00.html (external - login to view)