MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Racial violence erupts in Sydney
By MIKE CORDER

Sunday, December 11, 2005 Posted at 9:39 PM EST

Associated Press

Sydney — Thousands of drunken white youths attacked police and people they believed were Arab immigrants at a Sydney beach on Sunday, angered by reports that youths of Lebanese descent had assaulted two lifeguards.

Young men of Arab descent retaliated in several Sydney suburbs, fighting with police and smashing 40 cars with sticks and bats, police said.

Thirty-one people were injured and 28 were arrested in hours of violence. Polices said they were seeking an Arab man who allegedly stabbed a white man in the back.

Globe and Mail

CutThroat

Dec 8, 2005
Medicine Hat
I watched this on the news and I thought it was white aussies that rioted against the Arabs after they had been harassing beach goers for quite sometime.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Racial Violence Erupt

Racial violence rocks Sydney for second night

A teaser:

SYDNEY — Violence spilled into a second night Monday as scores of youths drove through predominantly white suburbs of Sydney, smashing windows of cars, homes and stores and raising fears of spreading racial unrest.

Prime Minister John Howard called the violence "sickening," but denied it was rooted in racism. Arab community leaders said the unrest would heighten racial tensions as cell phone text messages warned of retribution by the Arab community and attacks by neo-Nazi groups. [/end of teaser]

I wonder how long this will continue?

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
Re: RE: Racial Violence Erupt

no1important said:
Racial violence rocks Sydney for second night

A teaser:

SYDNEY — Violence spilled into a second night Monday as scores of youths drove through predominantly white suburbs of Sydney, smashing windows of cars, homes and stores and raising fears of spreading racial unrest.

Prime Minister John Howard called the violence "sickening," but denied it was rooted in racism. Arab community leaders said the unrest would heighten racial tensions as cell phone text messages warned of retribution by the Arab community and attacks by neo-Nazi groups. [/end of teaser]

I wonder how long this will continue?

HAH! Well there's the sign of progress in race relations anyway, instead of like in the bad old days of pamphleteering and soapbox ranting, race riots are now preceded by poorly worded messages on someones motorola,

"U gyz r fagets we will kik ur a$$ da revolothun be h334!1!!!11 LOL LMAO ttyl!!!"

Idiots.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Police presence curbs southern Sydney unrest

A teaser:

After two nights of racial riots in the suburbs of Sydney, a strong police presence contributed to a calm Tuesday night.

More than 450 officers patrolled the areas where white and Middle Eastern youths have clashed since Sunday. Using their headquarters at the Cronulla Surf Club as a base, police set up roadblocks and made two arrests, including one of a man carrying a knife.

Details on the second arrest were not immediately known.

New South Wales state lawmakers have planned an emergency session Thursday to debate a law that would reign in future rioters by giving police extra powers -- including the ability to randomly search vehicles. [/end of teaser]

Well thats good it seems under control.

Papachongo

Nominee Member
Dec 6, 2005
nootaksas
Wow everything is going all 'Mad Max' in Austrailia. Who would have guessed they would have jumped the gun on anarchy before a nuclear holocaust happened. I'm gonna move there and call myself Master/Blaster. Now all I have to do is find myself a midget, or a giant.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Hey the name of the company i work for is Master Blasters :lol: We don't have any midgets though no giants either :lol: :lol:

Papachongo

Nominee Member
Dec 6, 2005
nootaksas
Hmmm becoming the leader of Bartertown might be harder than I realized. Maybe I'll build a gyrocopter. Or grow a fancy mohawk and wear buttless chaps. The possibilities endless.