Dallas Police Officer Fatally Shot During Foot Chase

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
The question here is not if this scumbag will get the death penalty ... but when. The sooner the better.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175442,00.html

Associated Press/FOXNews:

Sunday, November 13, 2005

DALLAS — A newlywed police officer was killed early Sunday by a suspect he was chasing on foot, authorities said.

Officer Brian Jackson and another officer went to investigate a disturbance complaint and chased a male suspect through alleys and between houses, Police Chief David Kunkle said.

During the chase, the man fired at the officers, fatally wounding Jackson, Kunkle said. The suspect, Juan Lizcano, 28, was charged with one count of capital murder and was in police custody.

Jackson, 28, was a five-year veteran of the Dallas police force and had previously served with the New York Police Department, Kunkle said. He had been married for just two months.

Jackson was the first Dallas officer killed since Oct. 23, 2002, when an off-duty officer died in a traffic accident.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Nascar_James said:
The question here is not if this scumbag will get the death penalty ... but when. The sooner the better.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175442,00.html

Associated Press/FOXNews:

Sunday, November 13, 2005

DALLAS — A newlywed police officer was killed early Sunday by a suspect he was chasing on foot, authorities said.

Officer Brian Jackson and another officer went to investigate a disturbance complaint and chased a male suspect through alleys and between houses, Police Chief David Kunkle said.

During the chase, the man fired at the officers, fatally wounding Jackson, Kunkle said. The suspect, Juan Lizcano, 28, was charged with one count of capital murder and was in police custody.

Jackson, 28, was a five-year veteran of the Dallas police force and had previously served with the New York Police Department, Kunkle said. He had been married for just two months.

Jackson was the first Dallas officer killed since Oct. 23, 2002, when an off-duty officer died in a traffic accident.

Well, that's a crying shame, but you can bet Lizcano will pay the price. Either in the death chamber or in a jail cell.

Uncle

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Ocean Breeze said:
ah , the bobsy twins, strike again.

(yep,.......we all know about Texas "laws"

I'm sorry if I have given the impression that James and I agree on everything. I am pretty sure we do not. I am trying to take a more understanding approach, which is ironic, since James is Canadian, and I am not. At times, James sounds more American than I am - and I'm 100%.

You must be 102 if you remember the Bobsy Twins. 8O Aren't they ancient of days? I don't remember anything about them, except for the name.

Uncle

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
You must be 102 if you remember the Bobsy Twins. Aren't they ancient of days? I don't remember anything about them, except for the name.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

is being 102 a character flaw??? :wink:

anyhow.......it seems you both have him tried ,convicted and sentenced to death........ which is very much the american/texas way.

....... :x

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Ocean Breeze said:
You must be 102 if you remember the Bobsy Twins. Aren't they ancient of days? I don't remember anything about them, except for the name.

anyhow.......it seems you both have him tried ,convicted and sentenced to death........ which is very much the american/texas way.

No, being 102 is not a character flaw. So, you still got that one finger working? Good for you! Anything else work? :lol:

Uncle

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
unclepercy said:
Ocean Breeze said:

No, being 102 is not a character flaw. So, you still got that one finger working? Good for you! Anything else work? :lol:

Uncle
:roll: :roll: :roll:

that is really pathetic ,uncle. shmuncle.

let us guess........ya get your kicks out of bashing old people...., and the handicapped.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
unclepercy said:
. . .You must be 102 if you remember the Bobsy Twins. 8O Aren't they ancient of days? . . .
Dang it, Percival! Why did nobody ever warn me?

I have not only read Laura Lee Hope (The Bobbsie Twins), but also Beatrix Potter (Peter Rabbit), Thornton W. Burgess (Old Mr. Toad), A. A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh), Frances Hodgson Burnett (Little Lord Fauntleroy), J. M. Barrie (Peter Pan), Johanna Spyri (Heidi), Louisa May Alcott (Little Women), Lucy Maud Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables), E. Nesbit (The Railway Children), Horatio Alger Jr (Ragged Dick :lol: ), Victor Appleton (Tom Swift), Arthur M. Winfield (The Rover Boys), Franklin W. Dixon (The Hardy Boys), Robert Louis Stevenson (Treasure Island), Albert Payson Terhune (Lad, a Dog) and Mark Twain (Tom Sawyer) without ever realizing that it would mark me out for ageist remarks in later life.

In my own defence, I was no more than tens year old when I performed the evil deeds, and the librarian who assisted me never mentioned that books have an expiry date after which they should not be read.

What is truly unforgivable is that I have begun reading them again with my youngest great-niece, and we have both been enjoying the procedure.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Talk about having a death wish! The fool should have turned the gun on himself..it'd be quicker and would save the Texas courts the trouble of wasting a trial on him.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
OB and GL:

The Bobbsey Twins were created in 1904 by Edward Stratemeyer.

Now are you going to tell me that my comment was out of line?
I guess you were both there for the book signing. Get real. It was a harmless comment - don't be so touchy.

Percy

sj007

Council Member
Nov 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
www.canadiancontent.net
i find the death sentence is just naother murder expet for this time its legal i think it would be alot harder to live the rest of ur life knowing tht u killed someone tht didnt deserve it and tht u will never be able to take tht bk

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Dallas Police Officer

The State of Texas loves killing people. It was really going strong when "W" was governor. That state shows no mercey. But if it was a rich white guy that shot cop he would probley not be facing death.

68% are either black or hispanic on Texas death row. link

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Re: RE: Dallas Police Officer

no1important said:
The State of Texas loves killing people. It was really going strong when "W" was governor. That state shows no mercey. But if it was a rich white guy that shot cop he would probley not be facing death.

68% are either black or hispanic on Texas death row. link

Hey, Bud, did you happen to hear on the news that the guy who shot the police officer was an ILLEGAL ALIEN? Changes things, dudn't it? He's in double trouble.

The funeral was today, and it was trumped up big time. Some day, maybe we will get that big fence built between the US and Mexico.

Percy

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Re: RE: Dallas Police Officer Fatally Shot During Foot Chase

sj007 said:
you think
percy can u find an texas exicution of a white dude for us?

Sure - easy.

Capital Punishment

A Death Row inmate sits in his cell at the Ellis Unit in Huntsville, Texas. http://wpni01.auroraquanta.com/pv/deathrow?sess_id=120801956001114&key_id=485&img=1479

Percy