Homolka Didn't Violate Parole Conditions

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
According to the investigation by corrections, she didn't violate her parole, and the allegations made by her employer were false.

Now, let me say that I have no sympathy for her, and I don't really understand why she is still alive; BUT...this guy who hired her sounds like a pervert, too. My take on all this is that he was hoping to blackmail her into being his own personal slave of various perverted sorts, and when she didn't play along, he concocted this story to get her. I think he is a pretty scummy person, from the look of it. I mean, how many people would persue her to offer her a job in a hardware store? He sure didn't come across as a great philanthropist.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
She did all her time,and unless she offends again,has the right to life,liberty and the Canadian way of life. Her ex employer should have a bit of jail time for his actions.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
She did very little time in my book. There is absolutely no justification for anyone having committed double murder being out on the street while that individual is still young enough to enjoy life.

Personally, I beleive capital punishment was warranted here. However, seeing as Canada does not have the death penalty, you would think she'd get life in prison and not be out on the street again in the blink of an eye.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Homolka served her entire sentence, and that sentence was longer than a lot of murderers get in the U.S. Some murderers get off with nothing, like O.J.Simpson, or Robert Blake.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
#juan said:
Homolka served her entire sentence, and that sentence was longer than a lot of murderers get in the U.S. Some murderers get off with nothing, like O.J.Simpson, or Robert Blake.

Yes but in the case of O.J Simpson, he was found "not guilty". You cannot send someone to prison if the jury does not find him guilty.

Karla Homolka on the other hand was found guilty and she should still be serving time behind bars.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
RE: Homolka Didn't Violat

She ratted on her hubby and because of that her hubby will be in jail probably for the rest of his life. Which is a good thing.

It's called plea barganing. I don't necessarily approve of it but that's the way it goes.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
she was given a 12 year sentence not a life sentence. The government extended supervision under section 81-10, an act that has not yet been challenged and would not likely stand up. The Attorney General of Ontario should be serving her time for the sick deal he made.

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
Nascar_James said:
Karla Homolka on the other hand was found guilty and she should still be serving time behind bars.

No, she shouldn't. The time she served was a deal with the government for her testimony. She served that time and fulfilled her end of the bargain. The Crown may have been hoodwinked but that is not something the public can lay at Karla's feet. The Crown must take full responsibility for the deal. It's not Karla's fault that Paul was the main target and the Crown would do anything to get him... including neglecting to fully investigate her role.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Nascar_James said:
#juan said:

Yes but in the case of O.J Simpson, he was found "not guilty". You cannot send someone to prison if the jury does not find him guilty.

Karla was not "found guilty". She pleaded guilty to manslaughter. Whether or not that should have happened is another issue.
OJ pretty much had to be found not guilty - you can't have the cops admit that they fabricate evidence, and then accept anything they say.

With this thread, I was trying to focus on the obviously deviant creep who hired her for his store. He admitted to going after her to offer her a job; I wonder what his motive was for that?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well ten penny have you ever noticed that most people tend to attracted to like minded people. I think she has one of those big red beacons you see on a foggy night out there at sea 8) , well maybe just the boston whaler from painters lodge over to Quadra, people zip back and forth there, pub hoping, but by boat...where was I? Oh yes...perhaps she has a beacon that attracts liked minded people....cue in spooky music 8O 8O

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

I wonder what his motive was for that?

I was wondering if he didn't feel the way most of us do. That she needed to be back in jail and he was willing or paid to help her get back there.

It's not like with all the public attention anybody could off her. Too bad she wasn't a junkie. It'd be easy enough to hot cap her.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Really? Do I know them? How'd they know me? Gosh Peapod, if they really knew me they'd have told you how much it'll bother me to not know who knows me!!!! Who is it?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well it goes like this, there is a fellow who works at london drugs, his other job is at the wilkson road prison 8O Course I like to keep with the bits about prison life, and usually over a lattie, I learn lots of bits :p
Well I am always yappin about the board, most annoying to the jesters, coz they say things like...you got a preacher at your board 8O (rev blair) and dexter sinister, usually brings a grin. Well I was yappin about someone at my board gettin hitched, twila, and she use to live right here in victoria....Well he kinda stopped slurping his coffee and says...twila? twila? I know who that is, she use to run with a very bad crowd 8O :wink:
But that was then and this is now. Oi! the prison bits are interesting tho 8O 8O 8O

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

oh who is it? I need a name. Cause then I can maybe tell you something about them....and you can let him know that things are not as they appeared.....I's better now. and all.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

God I'm dying of curiousity.....it's getting dark....darker.....ohhhhh it hurts....who'd have thunk it.....darker still....sigh