Police charged with battery in New Orleans

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
3 arrested after subduing 64-year-old, confronting camera crew

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (AP) -- Three police officers in New Orleans were charged with battery late Sunday after an incident in which two repeatedly struck a 64-year-old man accused of public intoxication as another officer confronted an Associated Press Television News producer as a cameraman taped the confrontations.

Crazy days. Racism at its finest. :roll: If you watch the clip at CNN you can see a so called policeman,try to block the camera.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Police charged with b

It looked to me like the man didn't start "resisting" until the bastards hit him on the head. The idiot on the horse and the two guys believed to be federal agents need to be charged too.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Police charged with b

I just so the thing on CNN and the acting poice Chief sure can make excuses. They showed one "cop" shoving the AP Producer up and against a car, holding him down, screaming, threatning and swearing at him.

The whole lot should be charged, is right.

Martin Le Acadien

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2004
Province perdue du Canada, Louisian
Re: RE: Police charged with b

no1important said:
I just so the thing on CNN and the acting poice Chief sure can make excuses. They showed one "cop" shoving the AP Producer up and against a car, holding him down, screaming, threatning and swearing at him.

The whole lot should be charged, is right.

Its a big deal down here, took up 10 minutes of a 30 minute newscast here in Louisiana. It seems that the cops here are getting a bit testy with so much time on the front lines so to speak. ALL OFFICERS INVOLVED HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED WITHOUT PAY AND ARRESTED! ALL INVOLVED WERE LOCAL COPS, MOST FEDERALS HAVE LEFT!

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
My wife and I saw an hour-long special a few years ago, about the N.O.P.D - I said then and there, I don't need to go down there. One cop, who had a complaint filed against him by a woman, HIRED A HITMAN to kill her - and HE DID!

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Scumbags - lock em up! They actually roughed up the cameraman taping too... Just like the Jama Jama incident in Toronto. Young black guy was charged with assaulting an officer. What do you know, a videotape comes up showing the cop punching him in the back of the head while he appeared to be cooperating. :evil:

Martin Le Acadien

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2004
Province perdue du Canada, Louisian
Re: RE: Police charged with battery in New Orleans

Ten Packs said:
My wife and I saw an hour-long special a few years ago, about the N.O.P.D - I said then and there, I don't need to go down there. One cop, who had a complaint filed against him by a woman, HIRED A HITMAN to kill her - and HE DID!

I live an hour from NOLA and I don't want to go there! Nasty bunch of "law Enforcement" in that town! You are not wrong!

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Two New Orleans cops axed in taped assault

A teaser:

NEW ORLEANS -- Two officers were fired Wednesday for a beating in the French Quarter shortly after Hurricane Katrina that was photographed and videotaped by The Associated Press. A third officer was suspended.

A union official vowed to fight the firings of officers Robert Evangelist and Lance Schilling for their role in the beating of 64-year-old Robert Davis. Officer Stuart Smith was suspended for 120 days.

The officers' lawyer said the department rushed the firings. Ordinarily, said attorney Frank DeSalvo, a dismissal occurs only after an officer has been tried on criminal charges.

"They never thought they'd get a fair shake from this department," DeSalvo said. "The guys fully expected what happened to happen."[/teaser]

Click link for rest of article.

A fair shake? come on! I saw the video. They deserved to be fired. They should also be charged with hate crimes and I hope the victim sues them personally in addition the the police department and city.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
A union official vowed to fight the firings of officers Robert Evangelist and Lance Schilling for their role in the beating of 64-year-old Robert Davis. Officer Stuart Smith was suspended for 120 days.

Typical unions - stick up for the incompetant and corrupt.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Mmmmike you'd have us all working for 50 cents a day with your attitude :roll: Give the Union bashing a rest with out us you'd have no gas for your car or toilet paper to wipe your ass with .Give it a rest I'm sick of hearing you call me and my fellow workers useless.(I'd like to see ya spout of like that in front of us .It would be the last time you ate a solid meal :wink: The Union makes sure i can make enough to feed and house my family you prick .Assholes like you want to take us back to the stoneage working for Walmart wages

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
mrmom2 said:
Mmmmike you'd have us all working for 50 cents a day with your attitude :roll: Give the Union bashing a rest with out us you'd have no gas for your car or toilet paper to wipe your ass with .Give it a rest I'm sick of hearing you call me and my fellow workers useless.(I'd like to see ya spout of like that in front of us .It would be the last time you ate a solid meal :wink: The Union makes sure i can make enough to feed and house my family you prick .Assholes like you want to take us back to the stoneage working for Walmart wages

I have no problem with hard-working people trying to make a living. I do have a problem with a union protecting corrupt, incompetant people. Remember that case a few years ago in Moncton (?) - guy gets drunk and brings a shotgun to work, and threatens to shoot his boss. He gets arrested, charged and convicted. Gets fired, then the union grieves it. WTF??? Its stuff like that that give unions and union members a bad name. You should be the first ones to say: fire his ass.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
It just like everything else theres good union people and bad I'm afraid :? I know what you mean though some of the incompetence I see and guys don't get fired for it would make your head spin.I could spend all night telling you storys about mill employees :lol: Its a wonder the companys can make any money with those lazy aholes at the controls :wink:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"I could spend all night telling you storys about mill employees"

You can tell us, just don't tell us the "dirty" stories....