Revenge of the Goose

Jo Canadian
Goose gets revenge against Swedish hunter, lands on his head

Quote:

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) - A Swedish hunter spent two days in bed after being knocked unconscious by a Canada goose that landed on his head moments after his son shot it dead, news reports said Wednesday.

The goose had been flying about 66 feet up in the air when it was shot by Carl Johan Ilback, who was hunting with his father, Ulf, along a stream in eastern Sweden in August.

When the goose dropped from the sky, it hit Ulf** Ilback in the head and knocked him out, he said.

"It wanted to extract its revenge, I assume," Ulf llback told local newspaper Extra Ostergotland. "If it had gotten a better hit, it could have broken my neck."

Ilback spent two days in bed with severe headaches before returning to work.

"The story brought about a lot of laughter at work," he was quoted as saying, adding that during this month's moose hunt, he may wear a helmet.

** I bet he made that sound too when it hit him...ULF!!!

GL Schmitt
I'll bet he had a goose egg on his head, also.

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by Jo Canadian

Quote:

...he was quoted as saying, adding that during this month's moose hunt, he may wear a helmet.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#juan
Served him right.

There are perfectly good geese at the market. I've never understood the attraction of shooting geese or ducks so I could have a bird full of BBs. I can break my fillings all by myself without the help of lead shot.

Twila
I love reading stories where animals get the last laugh or they get revenge. I love hearing how the bulls gore people. My favourite bull is Bodacious. He was retired because he'd buck in such a way that he'd throw the rider forward and bring his head back to smash them in the head.

These types of stories are my favourite.

Jo Canadian
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan

Served him right.

There are perfectly good geese at the market. I've never understood the attraction of shooting geese or ducks so I could have a bird full of BBs. I can break my fillings all by myself without the help of lead shot.

The difference is is that Geese from the market are farmed/domestic. There's a biiiiiiiiiig difference between the two.

It's like comparing Caribou with beef...Let's just say I still have a hard time getting used to beef even though it's been like 7 years since I had caribou.

#juan
Hi Jo

The truth is, I don't much like geese , or ducks that much. When I lived up north, my family had a moose in the freezer every year and usually a deer as well. I prefer well aged beef to either. I know some will dissagree but I find moose meat stringy, and venison dry. The only way I liked moose meat was canned. A jar of moose meat was the basis for the best stew in existance. I haven't hunted for at least thirty years

Jo Canadian
Ah well. Everything's got it's own taste. I actually prefer ptarmigan over goose myself. Above all that Kugyuk is even better.

no1important
Myself I like grouse and duck, I am not to fond of goose. I actually do not like goose. But that story was funny though. KO'ed the guy. ha ha Geese can be quite aggressive and apparently they are better "watch animals" than dogs.

Twila
Quote:

ha ha Geese can be quite aggressive and apparently they are better "watch animals" than dogs.

Lady that I use to help out when I was little had 2 geese as alarm geese. There was NO sneaking past them and no bribing them into liking you. They were the meanest creatures I've ever known. They'd periodically lay eggs that would have to be removed. I remember being armed with a painters bucket and a broom stick, and being terrified!

I can't say I've ever eaten goose. Definately not knowingly.