Vatican to Check U.S. Seminaries on Gay Presence

Jo Canadian

Investigators appointed by the Vatican have been instructed to review each of the 229 Roman Catholic seminaries in the United States for "evidence of homosexuality" and for faculty members who dissent from church teaching, according to a document prepared to guide the process.

The Vatican document, given to The New York Times yesterday by a priest, surfaces as Catholics await a Vatican ruling on whether homosexuals should be barred from the priesthood.

In a possible indication of the ruling's contents, the American archbishop who is supervising the seminary review said last week that "anyone who has engaged in homosexual activity or has strong homosexual inclinations," should not be admitted to a seminary. More (external - login to view)

peapod
Right! no homosexuals, but pedophile priests thats okay, lousy low life hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!

bevvyd
Wonder how they are going to check on those homosexual inclinations? Does this mean the wrist dropping is a sign, cause the pope does it everytime someone wants to kiss that ring. Ewwwww

Jo Canadian
Quote: Originally Posted by bevvyd

Wonder how they are going to check on those homosexual inclinations? Does this mean the wrist dropping is a sign, cause the pope does it everytime someone wants to kiss that ring. Ewwwww

I was thinking they may do trial by water or something like that, it's found heretics before.

Perhaps Gays weigh the same as a duck?

missile
One good way to find out would be if the priest shows a tendency to accessorize his outfits

bevvyd
Or maybe one who wears purple. Hmm remember the gay teletubby issue a few years back. And what about a satchel? Those are obviously signs someone is gay.

missile
If my memory is any good,bishops used to wear purple robes...

Hard-Luck Henry
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

If my memory is any good,bishops used to wear purple robes...

Yes - wearing purple frocks is a sign of gayness. All bishops are gay.

How's your gaydar? (external - login to view)

I scored 17/20 (85%). :P Looks like I've found something I'm good at, at last!

missile
I only scored 80% Does this mean I'm only wrong 20% of the time?

Jo Canadian

Shiva
Quote: Originally Posted by Jo Canadian

Investigators appointed by the Vatican have been instructed to review each of the 229 Roman Catholic seminaries in the United States for "evidence of homosexuality" and for faculty members who dissent from church teaching, according to a document prepared to guide the process.

It sounds like a communist purge.

Jo Canadian

missile
I personally believe there are more gays in the Boy Scouts than in the priesthood. So,how about a purge of the BSA?

proud christian
Are people allowed to speak about men of god like that here.

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by proud christian

Yup. We're not all christians. In fact some of us are decidedly anti-organized religion. I skip over the "men of god" posts entirely most of the time.

Reverend Blair
We're not allowed to, Proud Christian, but as one of the ordained here, I like to encourage it. There are many viewpoints to be be discussed and the ones based in fact and science are corroborated by physical evidence while religious faith lacks such evidence.

Shiva
Quote: Originally Posted by proud christian

Why are you assuming that they are men of God? With all due respect, it's rather simplistic to assume that just because they're a priest, they're good human beings. There's ample testimony that priests can be, and often have been, horrible human beings.

Also, we live in a democracy with freedom of speech. Expressing any viewpoint about any person is permitted in our nation. Welcome to Canada.

mrmom2
Quote:

Are people allowed to speak about men of god like that here

Are you for real theres no way

bevvyd
Well maybe this is a follow up to all those pictures of priests in Austria who like to manhandle each other. Something like 4000 pictures were found on computers and John Paul went over them himself. Seems the ol boys club will never change.

Jo Canadian

Jo Canadian