Cleveland Doc Wants to Try Face Transplant

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I can see the value in this.....in cases where a face has been grossly disfigured. ...due to accident etc. In some ways this has been done for some time now.....but not with the name "face transplant" . Burn victims have had major corrective face surgery. The difference might be the addition of bone structure /or replacing bone structure to redefine the features.

(and aside........being the spy novel enthusiast I am......I think that spys go through "face transplants" to conceal their identity .......when they come out of the "job".

or maybe that is just the fantasy I impose on it... :wink: Either way......it IS intriguing.;-)

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio, USA (for now...)
RE: Cleveland Doc Wants t

What they're doing is actually taking the facial skin and underlying soft tissue formations from a cadaver and using them to replace badly disfigured tissue on a patient who has been unable to function normally in society due to the disfigurement. It isn't a cosmetic procedure like a rhinoplasty (nose job) or a facelift, so it's hardly "crazy", in that it actually restores a person to the likelihood of being able to live a relatively normal life.