McDonald's to Add Healthier Foods Even if Losing Money

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Looks like McDonald's Corporation will keep expanding healthier menu options for adults even though such choices are not as popular with its customers and bring in less money for the restaurant chain, a company vice president said Thursday.

Why does McDonald's bother if it's a money loser? I don't get it?Folks that want to eat so called "healthy" foods do not eat at McDonald's.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169505,00.html

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Nascar_James

Obesity in U.S. at all time high.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Don't need to worry about Obesity. Family history has never had any such problems.

I say that $$$ is always the bottom line for any major corporation. I guess it's not true for McDonald's in this case.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
McDonalds has noticed that they are losing ground to other chains that offer food with flavour and some healthier options. Maybe it's a loser now, but the people in charge of McD recognize that if they don't move in that direction, the direction they'll move in is the toilet.

They are trying to change their image and products to go after a bigger market segment.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
yeah just look what Wendy's has done with their "choices". They managed to think outside the box and give customers excellent choices besides just fries and oh yes supersized fries.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: McDonald's to Add Hea

I don't mind a burger now and then but thats what I like about Wendy's, you do not have to get fries as a side. Plus the lettuce, onion, pickles and meat itself look a lot better at Wendy's than McDonalds and A&W. Seem not as greasy either.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I think the movie Supersize it has done more damage to Ronald McBraindead than anything else 3 out of every5 parents at my school have stopped taking there kids there and they all say it was because of the movie 8) I've never liked there so called food that crap goes straight threw me in about half an hour .I find most of the fast food joints are the same :x We don't have any out here so about the only time I eat that shit is when I'm on the road :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Hot off the teletype :lol: :lol:

Krusty the Clown
vs.
Ronald McDonald
vs.
Bozo the Clown
vs.
Homey D. Clown

here is da fight right from the anti clown website 8)

HOTBRANCH: Sorry to announce this, guys, but you wasted your time showing up. You'd best not attempt argue against the über-clown, because you'll be hanging with Gabbo in the loser scrap heap! Krusty has all the bases covered: he is loved by children everywhere, has his own chain of fast-food restaurants, a clown college, and more endorsements than Michael Jordan™. No matter the odds, Krusty always emerges victorious. Do I really need to point out the Simpsons' amazing 4-1 record in the WWWF?

If Krusty has any trouble disposing of the competition, he has enough allies to help him lay down some serious smack. It begins with the psychotically violent duo of Itchy & Scratchy. Sideshow Bob and Corporal Punishment will no doubt be armed to the teeth, and don't forget Fat Tony's "Legitimate Businessman's Social Club". Nobody messes with the Mob's favorite entertainer. NOBODY!

There is also the vast array of defective Krusty Brand™ products that Krusty originally intended to pawn off on the rich and naive Moolahs. He can use items like the Lady Krusty™ (Is my upper lip supposed to bleed like this?), Krusty Brand Cereal™ (Jagged metal Krusty-O in every box!), and even WWWF Ground Zero™ (No advertising AND IT SHOWS!) to beat the crap out of his opponents. If all else fails, you just KNOW that Krusty is packing a few extra Krusty dolls with his props. Once he switches those dolls to "Evil", the battle is over and Krusty can finally settle his debt with the IRS. If they know what's good for them, Boz-o, Ron-o, and Hom-o will just lie down and play dead.

JOHN: Hey, HotBranch has a great point! Too bad it's on the top of his head. This one goes to the original wu-tang clown, Ronald McDonald, who's got all the tools of his trade at his disposal. The first opponent to make a move towards the clown prince receives an instant enema of piping hot fry vat grease, followed closely by a size 37 red shoe. If he so chooses, McDonald can also spray his opponents with his special sauce (read: napalm), Shamrock Shakes (formulated to damage all but the Irish™), or that concentrated agent orange crap they give away free to bake sales. (C'mon, you knew they were testing that stuff for the army, didn't you? Why else would they give it away?)

Beyond this, McDonald's got backup. Ronald McDonald's insane clown posse includes a convicted felon, a giant burger with significant political pull, a six foot tall bird geared up for aerial bombardment, and the giant purple people eater, Grimace. Imagine, if you will, a Grimace-splash. Now imagine a Grimace-splash off the top of a steel cage. Now imagine a Grimace-splash launched from orbit. (I know, I'm getting carried away, but just close your eyes and enjoy) Beyond these heavy hitters, the McDonalds corporation simply has too much manpower at its disposal. 24,500 restaurants worldwide, each employing an average of 150 acne-ridden sullen teens and part-time wage slave seniors equals an army of roughly 3.6 million footsoldiers, each stepping forth to volley lethal, concrete-hard McNuggets™ at their foes.

In the end, Ronald McDonald stands astride the fallen bodies of his battered and bruised opponents. His eyes are wild with bloodlust as he screams the last words his foes will ever hear: "Do you want fries with that... bitch?!"

FATALITY!

JEFF: You guys are totally missing the crucial factor. Now I know Bozo may be a bit of a dark horse here, but he is actually the only one of the clowns who has any formal clowning experience, and the only clown with the physical stamina to go the distance.

You see, Bozo got his start in the circus. The CIRCUS, man. We're talking about the "every one pitches in to put up the Big Top," "you had better know how to walk the tight rope in case of a disaster," "it's your turn to feed the lions and all we have is Hamburger Helper," and "can someone help me control this rampaging elephant" freaking circus. Granted, he has been in the relatively safe confines of syndicated television for a while, but the muscles he built up driving tent stakes, and the skills he learned from the Flying Garbonzo Brothers will set him miles ahead of his competition.

Speaking of the Garbonzo Brothers, it would not surprise me if a number of Bozo's old comrades were also invited to Moolah for the festivities (unlike, say, Ronald's teenage supporters, who, even if they were paid enough to make the trip, can't even find their own country on a world map, much less the distant and oft overlooked land of Moolah). You know, even if Ronald's supporters did make it on time (John, have you been to a McDonalds lately? They make the DMV look spry), there is still the problem of the Imperial Guards. While those teenagers will go down like winter wheat before the harvester when the guards open fire, those same AK-47s lack stopping power when confronting Herman, the formerly-rampaging but now heavily-sedated yet still generally pissed-off-because-he-hasn't-gotten-laid-since-they-put-him-on-Prozac™ full-grown bull-elephant (as seen on FOX's When Animals Attack).

But getting back to clowning, when it comes to what it really takes to win an actual clown fight, there is no substitute for a rigorous, formal training in clowning, and Bozo is the only real clown in the group. Whether its fighting it out inside a very small car or tricking your fellow clown into smelling your cyanide-squirting fake flower, or assuring the distressed clown atop the burning building that it is perfectly safe to jump into the half-full tub of superglue, Bozo will have the clear advantage of a genuine, circus-style clowning career. I haven't ever seen Homey or Ronald juggle or ride an excruciatingly small tricycle or demonstrate any of the other staple clown skills. I just don't think they've really paid their dues. While they might be able to intimidate, manipulate, or mutilate small children, they are just not crafty enough to take on a fellow clown. Now Krusty seems to have some basic clowning skills, but judging from the five packs a day and his history of multiple quadruple-coronary-bypass surgeries, I doubt he has the physical stamina to go the distance.

I see Bozo taking the victory, and clowning contracts with two of the more renowned burger franchises.

JOE: You guys are all SOO-OOO wrong its not even funny (get it...FUNNY?!?...In a CLOWNS match?!?...oh, never mind.) Homey the Clown is the only competitor of the group with any combat experience. Namely, whompin' people on the head with a sock. This may not seem like much until you have seen a Steven Seagal movie and then, only then, do you realize what a powerful weapon a sock can be. The only possible outcome of this scenario is a constant stream of three out of shape clowns screaming, "Ow, Homey, you broke my RUBBER NOSE!!!"

Secondly, as far as back-up goes, Homey has his old buddy Bruce "The Last Boy Scout" Willis. So the Simpsons are 4-1 in the Grudge Match...Who cares?! Have they ever beaten the Death Star?! International terrorists are an everyday occurance for this man, how could three aging lard-ass clowns possibly be a match for him?

The way I see it, John McClane pulls out an uzi and wastes all of the additional help all three of these competitors could bring with them. Then, with only the clowns left, Homey proceedes to use "Sock 'Em - Fu"™ to beat each of them into a bloody pulp. The coroners later have to search through a puddle of blood, intestines, and 13 inch shoes in a vain attempt to identify the corpses. Then Homey turns to the Crown Prince and says,

"So, little kiddie, you don't like clowns..."

BBBAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!

"Homey don't play that!!"

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Everybody picks on the burger chains[and they are bad!],but Ithink a lot of the obesity problem comes from the overabundance of pizza chains..and they are oodles of them. Peapod: I am in AWE of that last post :D

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

People complain about these places but all the ones near me have packed drive thru's most of the time, does not matter if it is McPukes, A&W, KFC, Wendy's, Tim Hortons or people waiting at pizza joints. There all so busy. Fast food seems a part of life now.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I mostly just complain about all the trash these takeouts generate, and the lazy pigs who toss all their containers on the sidewalks and streets. Heck! Every one of the fastfood outlets have many refuse bins handy.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Your right about the trash. They go to nearest parking lot and just chuck the garbage out the windows. I know Scottsdale mall and the North Delta Inn parking lots have so much McDonalds garbage it aint funny. Not to mentions crow/ravens picking through it all and spreading it all around even more.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Re: RE: McDonald's to Add Hea

no1important said:
I am sure if one was so inclined, you could actually train a crow/raven with Mcdonalds french fries. ha

I actually had a on legged seagull trained to sit on the side mirror of my car by feeding him french fries. I worked next to a fast food joint and felt bad for the bugger nearly getting run down by his cohorts any time food was tossed. So I'd go and get a small fry and feed him, he was the only one ballsy enough to get up there, so he'd sit and take the fries from my hand. :D

In regards to the healthier choices at Rotten Ronnies...I'm happier about them. I don't like a lot of fast food, but there aren't very many other options to drag three kids too (Note: Swiss Chalet? NOT fun!) so it is nice to be able to get the veggie italian sandwich, or a salad and enjoy reading while the kids tear around the playroom. 8)

One thing I don't like about McDonalds? They added videogames to the playroom recently so kids plug their faces with fat and then sit on their duffs in front of a screen :x Hell, at least with the air hockey tables they're moving around a little.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
actually had a on legged seagull trained to sit on the side mirror of my car by feeding him french fries.

Get otta here! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
peapod said:
actually had a on legged seagull trained to sit on the side mirror of my car by feeding him french fries.

Get otta here! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, I'm serious, the poor guy, I felt so bad that I woud try to get food right to him, bread, whatever, but the other ones would run for it and they were faster than him. He'd move closer than the other guys and I kept working at it all summer until he would hop onto the side mirror 8) I got a lot of interesting looks over that fellow, we called him Bucky