President has Done More to Fight Poverty Than Predecessor

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Looks like President Bush has taken the fight against poverty to a higher level. In 1996, the Clinton budget had allotted $191 billion for poverty entitlements. The 2006 Bush budget allots a record shattering $368 billion for poverty entitlements. The President has allocated 14.6 % of the total budget to fighting poverty versus 12.2 % in 1996 by Clinton...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169347,00.html

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: President has Done Mo

You have millions more poor people than you did when Bush took office. Bush isn't fighting poverty, he's creating it.

You should check out some real news sometimes, Nascar Nero. Fox does nothing but lie and spin.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
RE: President has Done More to Fight Poverty Than Predecesso

I'm glad someone is apologising for Bush. He needs all the help he can get. All the more power to you, Nascar. After all, we ALL know that getting a BJ in the office is FAR worse than killing hundreds or thousands of black folks with your stupid incompetent friends. After all, how could Haliburton gain from a blow job? Let's get our priorities straight, people. Sex is out; letting them po' black folk die, well, that's, well, that's, well, that's just..........what was the question again? Oh, right. That Clinton guy, he was terrible!!! He had some sort of sex thing, RIGHT HERE IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!!! Imagine!!!! What? You say there's more of them po' black folk needin' to go to Houston? I'll call some of my friends, maybe they need gardeners or something. Mom tells me them's right nice polite folk, they smile with their big white teeth and all.....

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: President has Done Mo

Reverend Blair said:
You should check out some real news sometimes, Nascar Nero. Fox does nothing but lie and spin.

Spin? No kind of way? This came from Bill O'Reilly. He hosts the No-Spin Zone and he tells it like it is.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

hahahahahahahahah.

He's the one who argued with JOHN MCCAIN about whether or not torture works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Priceless. Or, as we used to say in University:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: President has Done More to Fight Poverty Than Predec

TenPenny said:
I'm glad someone is apologising for Bush. He needs all the help he can get. All the more power to you, Nascar. After all, we ALL know that getting a BJ in the office is FAR worse than killing hundreds or thousands of black folks with your stupid incompetent friends. After all, how could Haliburton gain from a blow job? Let's get our priorities straight, people. Sex is out; letting them po' black folk die, well, that's, well, that's, well, that's just..........what was the question again? Oh, right. That Clinton guy, he was terrible!!! He had some sort of sex thing, RIGHT HERE IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!!! Imagine!!!! What? You say there's more of them po' black folk needin' to go to Houston? I'll call some of my friends, maybe they need gardeners or something. Mom tells me them's right nice polite folk, they smile with their big white teeth and all.....

TenPenny, I agree that many black folks died as a result of Hurricane Katrina. However, as I mentioned in an earlier post, many white folks died as well. Actaully, the death rate was higher amungst the white folks who were located mainly in Mississippi.

Here's a link ...

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/09/11/reported_katrina_deaths_state_by_state/

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

TenPenny said:
hahahahahahahahah.

He's the one who argued with JOHN MCCAIN about whether or not torture works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Priceless. Or, as we used to say in University:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senator John McCain from Arizona is a closet Democrat. Some of his views have been questioned by fellow Republicans.

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
Re: President has Done More to Fight Poverty Than Predecesso

Spin? No kind of way? This came from Bill O'Reilly. He hosts the No-Spin Zone and he tells it like it is.
the only thing that comes from that guy is lies, lies and more lies. He makes stuff up on the spot just to make his opinions seem credible. Any talk show hosts that starts swearing and shouting down the ppl hes invited cannot be trusted

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

His views? Like his history as a tortured prisoner of war? Bill O Reilly certainly knows more about that, doesn't he?

And why is being a "closet democrat" a crime? Does that automatically make you not count? I guess it does. What did you do, drink water at the Haliburton office cooler?

Man oh man, let me know what you're taking. If it makes people that stupid, there's a bunch of nice looking girls I'd like to feed it to.

Pitiful. Just fecking pitiful.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Bill O'Reilly has been caught in so many lies that only Fox could possibly still consider him a journalist. Just a few short days ago, Fox's chief liar was saying how Canada did nothing to aid in the wake of Katrina. The man's a moron.

If I want any more shit out O'Reilly, I'll squeeze his head.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

TenPenny said:
His views? Like his history as a tortured prisoner of war? Bill O Reilly certainly knows more about that, doesn't he?

And why is being a "closet democrat" a crime? Does that automatically make you not count? I guess it does. What did you do, drink water at the Haliburton office cooler?

Man oh man, let me know what you're taking. If it makes people that stupid, there's a bunch of nice looking girls I'd like to feed it to.

Pitiful. Just fecking pitiful.

Seems Bill O'Reilly is doing something right. His show, the “The Factor” will win once again this week in the cable news ratings war. More than a million viewers ahead thus far. And if that lead holds, his show will have won the ratings race an amazing 200 weeks in a row.

“The Factor's" total audience, at 8 and 11 p.m. ET, in perspective, is about tied with Jay Leno for viewers and far ahead of the other late-night programs.

"The Factor" is about two million viewers behind "The CBS Evening News," and they have 20 percent more homes than The Factor. So does Leno.

Steve French

Nominee Member
Jul 10, 2005
RE: President has Done Mo

Yah, Bush is a real champion of the underclasses, that's for sure.
After his stooges get done with Roe/Wade I bet they try to overturn the civil rights amendment.
Forward into the past!

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005

Uh-huh. The thing is, if US viewers don't like what they're seeing/hearing, even - or especially - if it's the truth, they switch channels, Jim-Bob.

Tell people what they want to hear, they stay tuned and you "win" the ratings "war".

Or am I being overly simplistic?

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net

Id be willing bet that 25% of those viewers are liberal writers of articles that start with the phrase "Can you feckin' believe that Bill O'Reilly moron?"

I'll bet Al Franken is a viewer...as would be Jon Stewart... 8)

beentheredonethat

Nominee Member
Aug 21, 2005
Originally Maxie

Hard-Luck Henry said:
Uh-huh. The thing is, if US viewers don't like what they're seeing/hearing, even - or especially - if it's the truth, they switch channels, Jim-Bob.

Tell people what they want to hear, they stay tuned and you "win" the ratings "war".

Yes, you are. Please elaborate.

Been There

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005

beentheredonethat said:
Hard-Luck Henry said:

Yes, you are. Please elaborate.

Been There

Well, if I must, Been There, but it's really quite simple: US TV is all about ratings/advertising, and whilst several million viewers might sit uncomplainingly in front of, say, Leno, they'll switch channels when confronted with something less palatable, such as a serious documentary about, say, East Timor.