Feds bar US' local govts from aiding New Orleans

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
UPDATE: 1:30pm CDT -- Total411.info has spoken with a representative of a major state-government association who has basically confirmed that local governemnts around the US offering aid are being told by FEMA to "coordinate" with them -- and then not following thrugh. Teh exception is a couple of special local units long groomed by the Feds, like Fairfax Couinty in Virginia right outside DC, which rescue team has been on the scene of every manufactured event since OKBOMB.

Total411.info monitors LibertyForum fairly regulary and finds this has the ring of truth. Everyone around the country should confirm with any local officials you know personally and then call the White House and tell them to STOP BLOCKING AID TO KATRINA VICTIMS. 202-456-1414.

via LibertyForum :
"I just got this e-mail from a friend. I've cut the last names out, but I know this guy well enough to know this isn't bull shit".

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share a very interesting story with all of you. After watching CNN for the past few days Jennifer and I were trying very hard to figure out a way we could help these poor people out in New Orleans.

I wanted to personally find someone I could trust and work with so today I made contact with the Mayor of XXXXXXX, MD. who's an old friend, a member of the local Catholic Church and extremely experienced with disaster relief as he has been involved all the way down to South America personally rebuilding homes for three families with funds raised strictly out of XXXXXX.

XXXXXX is not much different from New Orleans and the coast as it is a barrier island and most of the Eastern Shore is below sea level and in flood planes everywhere.

Heck, most of you saw photos of our home early this summer and the
flooding we had after a severe rain storm. I spent three days pumping the water off our property and thank God the water never came close to our home but we're 40 miles from the ocean. Imagine how Ocean City looked during and after that same rain storm.

Nevertheless, I called Jim YYYYYY, (Mayor of XXXXXXX) and asked him how we could help and to my surprise I could not believe Jim YYYYYYY actually sounding frustrated and even upset as he had already set up a task force completely packed and ready to go as of this past Monday morning. Jim was at a convention in Miami last week for disaster relief and hurricane relief when they were updated the entire time about Katrina.

When he returned home Sunday he immediately put things together to help out and get this, they had to apply to the Federal Government to volunteer! After Sept. 11th Bush created a new task force in which any disaster relief had to be approved by the Government and background checks would have to be done first before any person or group could go and help.

Jim had been waiting 4 days to hear something back and they have heard nothing at all. So if everyone wonders why these people are dying and why there's no real help like there was immediately while the Twin Towers were hit, this is why. In my opinion

I am outraged to hear they want to rebuild and use Federal Funds to do so in an area that floods out completely just in regular rain storms. If you haven't been there when it's raining then you have no clue how bad it is there. One thing we agreed upon is that XXXXXXXX does not have the poverty New Orleans has and it is extremely sad these people never had a real chance to get out because they had no transportation or money to get out. So before you throw money into relief funds, please wait and see where your money will be going. We need to help these people directly and not the Federal Government.

Jim YYYYYYY will once again be using local funds in which we will personally be heading down there and rebuilding families homes that will be in dry areas and not rebuilt in wetlands. The funds will be personally handled for probably three families and this is what we should all be doing to help. It's too easy send money to the Red
Cross but it sure does feel better to give knowing your money is truly helping certain people directly. We all need to help one way or another. However, you needed to know why no one is truly coming together and helping these people the past three days and this is a fact. Hopefully you can find a local group that can help as well but if you want to know more about what Jim YYYYYY is doing just let me know and I'll keep you posted.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now