Looting Vs. Finding

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Where do you think all this violence will lead :? Next time something like this happens down there the army will show up in full combat gear :x I noticed last night that most of the national gaurd were packing sidearms :? I'll bet today that the army will show up in full combat gear with automatic weapons .This is the perfect excuse to get the people of the US used to assault troops in the streets .I say this is the beginning of the end to freedom in the US :(

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Anarchy disrupts US storm relief

Looting and lawlessness is widespread in flood-stricken New Orleans as people made homeless by Hurricane Katrina grow increasingly desperate. (click link above for rest)

You could be right mom. This could be how things are handled from now on. Military on the streets.

Such lawlessness and the "animal" "caveman" side of man really is coming out. The sad part is, all the people left behind are poorer people that their governments never seemed to concerned about in the first place.

The governments had no plan for this diaster, Fema funding was cut, such disorganization, no leadership at any political level.

Like what do you/they expect people to do, but resort to their "primal survival instincts" kick in, just to survive, especially since it has been days since a lot of them had no food or water.

Are we now going to see troops in the streets for next diaster? (whether it is a terror attack or mother nature).

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
You bet we will I will bet as soon as things calme down the US goverment throws out the Possee Comitatus act wich says the US army is not allowed in policing operations :x CNN reporter this morning was already calling it the so called act like it dosen't really exist unfeckin believable 8O

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
mrmom2 said:
You bet we will I will bet as soon as things calme down the US goverment throws out the Possee Comitatus act wich says the US army is not allowed in policing operations :x CNN reporter this morning was already calling it the so called act like it dosen't really exist unfeckin believable 8O

good bye USofA.........and Hello: "gosh,knows what " ......which is still taking form.... :(

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Sorry, Laika.

I posted a similar post in the Officials throw up hands as looters ransack New Orleans thread before I saw this.

It may be my browser, but the FWA link didn't work for me. If other experience the same problem, they can also see them there. (It is linked through Photobucket.)

About the comparison:

The black looter is from AP (shame on them) and it is a serious case of sensationalism.

The other is from FWA (a French news service) and they appear to be employing the word “find” as a synonym for salvage.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Snicker!

The copy in the Officials throw up hands as looters ransack New Orleans thread is a montage that I scarfed from a blogger's page.

An image on the internet is on the internet forever. :lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I've been trying to feel superior

to both these people but then I think that if my family needed food, and my house was gone, would I find a gun and go get some food from someplace? It is probably a great equalizer to be homeless and hungry with no help in sight. In this situation, we can't expect cool heads and normalcy. Some haven't eaten in four days.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Sorry.

Wasn’t snickering at you.

Was snickering at AFP for pulling their photo.

I guarantee I wasn’t the only one who downloaded that photo- montage. A news agency pulling a photo is their version of the blush response.

Funny thing, it is AP that should be blushing.

Anyone interested in pursuing this further can go to http://news.yahoo.com/page/photostatement

EDIT: Linked the URL properly... 8)