Good News for Coffee lovers..

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
peapod said:
Good new eh ocean? I would have kept drinking it anyway :p

I know, me too :wink: .........but this little tid bit adds some "health" reasons for drinking the brew. :wink: Time for a latte... (what jitters and sleep disturbance??? :wink:

cheers.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
mrmom2 said:
I'd fecking die without my java :lol:

Indeed...of oxidants no less... :wink:

It's about time those of us with vices got some good news for a change though...I can hardly wait for the day when they announce that smoking has some hitherto unforseen health benefits... :p

I'll be sayin flibberty-gibbet then, baby... :thumbleft:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Oh fiddley doh, fiddley dee vanni, and toss in a fiddlesticks to! You know the coffee I like most is one from those drip melita's. I don't drink regular coffee at starbucks, just a lattie, and iced coffees, and extra foamy chai latties...none of those frap things. :?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I can hardly wait for the day when they announce that smoking has some hitherto unforseen health benefits

It was a doctor that gave my mother her first tailor-made cigarette, Vanni. He actually told her to smoke 4 a day until they figured out what the problem was. It helped too.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
i love my coffees :) The pleasure of grinding the beans to make just that perfect pot of Columbian ,and the aroma! It just makes me very glad to be alive and well :lol:

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Reverend Blair said:
I can hardly wait for the day when they announce that smoking has some hitherto unforseen health benefits

It was a doctor that gave my mother her first tailor-made cigarette, Vanni. He actually told her to smoke 4 a day until they figured out what the problem was. It helped too.

I remember seeing a newspaper advertisement from the 1950's, it was a drawing of a respectable-looking, besuited, bespectacled chap smoking a tab, above the words "100% pure tobacco - The cigarette your doctor would smoke." 8)

... never such innocence again. :lol:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
And any woman who smoked in public back then was considered "loose" :) Years later,I went looking for them,but by then,they were all married :(

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Mom smoked ciggies & Dad smoked cigars. They both drank tea. I ,of course,rebelled. I started smoking a pipe and drank coffee :?I guess Mom was a loose woman :(