Family Terrorized After Fox News Wrongly IDs Them As Terror.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
LA HABRA, Calif. -- A couple whose home was wrongly identified on national television as belonging to an Islamic radical has faced harassment, and police are providing special protection.

After the report ran on Fox News on Aug. 7, people have shouted profanities at Randy and Ronnell Vorick and spray-painted "terrorist" (spelling it "terrist") on their property.

"I'm scared to go to work and leave my kids home. I call them every 30 minutes to make sure they're OK," Randy Vorick said.

John Loftus, a former federal prosecutor who appears on the Fox News segment "Inside Scoop with John Loftus," gave out the house address during the broadcast.

The Faux Morons strike again

WildKat

Aug 27, 2005
RE: Family Terrorized Aft

Did they broadcast a correction on Fox News?

Fox should be held responsible for any damages to their home as a result of their mistake.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Did they broadcast a correction on Fox News?

Fox should be held responsible for any damages to their home as a result of their mistake.

Even with Fox News making the mistake, we shouldn't expect such a medieval reaction from a supposedly civilized populace.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Even with Fox News making the mistake, we shouldn't expect such a medieval reaction from a supposedly civilized populace.

This is the US we're talking about. For a country that allows a news show like Fox's, and for a country that has people who actually believe most of their information and somehow support them in order to keep on the air...... how could one classify that as civilized?

Fox shouldn't have ever been allowed to form their own news show in the first place..... they should have just stuck to movies and the simpsons.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
That's a Texas spelling of terrorist alright!

I would have to say that Fox News and John Loftus owe them a public appology, a new residence in the same area and a cash award as punitive punitive measure after all expenses are covered.

I suppose that instead, Fox News will simply smear the family even more to teach them and anyone else not to call them on their mistakes.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
LA HABRA, Calif. -- A couple whose home was wrongly identified on national television as belonging to an Islamic radical has faced harassment, and police are providing special protection.

After the report ran on Fox News on Aug. 7, people have shouted profanities at Randy and Ronnell Vorick and spray-painted "terrorist" (spelling it "terrist") on their property.

"I'm scared to go to work and leave my kids home. I call them every 30 minutes to make sure they're OK," Randy Vorick said.

John Loftus, a former federal prosecutor who appears on the Fox News segment "Inside Scoop with John Loftus," gave out the house address during the broadcast.

The Faux Morons strike again

Has anyone wondered how this would make news if this had happened in Iran or Iraq and was seen from then other side..

Right now we would have Fox News saying how we should be bombing that country to the monstrosities being done to "normal" people by error and how this would never happen in America..

Is is so easy for us to criticize these countries when something goes wrong but we are not there to know the whole story.. Yes at time we may have a right to think things are not human but is this any better ?

So the next time you hear about something from over the "pond" remember that similar things happen here.. Just better hidden or less talked about..

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Has anyone wondered how this would make news if this had happened in Iran or Iraq and was seen from then other side..

No need to wonder, lots of examples. Main difference, in the U.S. this family is going to need to buy some cleaning solvents, and if the perpetrators are caught, they will be prosecuted and likely forced to compensate the family for the damage with possibly extra in punitive damages, and would be exposed to civil liabilities as well. Even if the perpetrators are not caught the family will likely benefit from victim funds and community aid.

From the other side, the more macabre of our society would be downloading snuff videos of the poor family.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Fox news channel is sickening and dangerous and they lie.
Hannity needs to be committed, as he has lost his mind, and anytime you
turn on that channel just to see what he is saying, it continues just like a soap
opera, from one week to the next, he harps on the same things he has said for
the last two years, still talking about obama being friends with this one and that,
and his statements are very immature and innacurate, he is clinging to threads,
and gossip, (which he made up), and won't let go.
I have heard that colmes is leaving the show, does anyone know if that is true?

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop

You seem to be sluffing the blame of FOX's bloodthirst off onto the "populace"? Maybe people are just tired of the FOX tabloid news propoganda and their "leap for the throat" attitude at anything that is even remotely contrary to the Republican creed

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Right now we would have Fox News saying how we should be bombing that country to the monstrosities being done to "normal" people by error and how this would never happen in America..

Is is so easy for us to criticize these countries when something goes wrong but we are not there to know the whole story.. Yes at time we may have a right to think things are not human but is this any better ?

So the next time you hear about something from over the "pond" remember that similar things happen here.. Just better hidden or less talked about..

Oh come on, they can't even speak English and you expect us to treat them as equals, keep a body count, apologise for minor mistakes like blowing their families to bits? Let those kefirs know their place.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
You seem to be sluffing the blame of FOX's bloodthirst off onto the "populace"? Maybe people are just tired of the FOX tabloid news propoganda and their "leap for the throat" attitude at anything that is even remotely contrary to the Republican creed

I'm sorry but if I see my neighbour's house on TV with an accusation that my neighbour is a terrorist, I'd do nothing. I'd figure if it's on TV the police must be dealing with it already anyway. But know, I wouldn't go out on a racist rampage foeamingat the mouth and swinging my battle axe to chop them down to size.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
I'm sorry but if I see my neighbour's house on TV with an accusation that my neighbour is a terrorist, I'd do nothing. I'd figure if it's on TV the police must be dealing with it already anyway. But know, I wouldn't go out on a racist rampage foeamingat the mouth and swinging my battle axe to chop them down to size.

We live in Canada, so that would be the response from 99% of the population - to do nothing and let the police handle it.

Unfortunately these people live in the states and in the US, people tend to think that the fiction poured out from FOX News is "gospel"

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Oh come on, they can't even speak English and you expect us to treat them as equals, keep a body count, apologise for minor mistakes like blowing their families to bits? Let those kefirs know their place.

I sense sarcasm.. But then again how dare we treat others like humans.. :)

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
I can imagine why Aliens do not what us to know they exists.. God forbid the ANY of the TV News would ever get a hold of a credible footage of Alien life forms that would show proof of their existence.

I can hear it now at a news scrum at the Pentagon..

Fox Reporter: " Here we have it first on Fox News the first Alien encounter and we can prove they are Democrats so we should KILL them now.. They are friends of Al Gore and want to destroy our planet.

CBS Reporter: " Are you sure Fox reporter as we have the first interview with the Aliens and proof they are Republican supporters and friends of Rush Limbaugh and want him jailed for life as they will end all life as is".

CNN Reporter: " Impossible Fox and CBS reporters we have the first interview with the Aliens as we met them in space before they landed. The reality is they are friends of both the Democrats and Republicans with ties to both Al Gore, Rush Limbaugh while also fraternizing with Osama Bin Laden and William Ayers".

NBC Reporter: " there’s are Aliens ? Is it ALF ? ".

Meanwhile the Aliens have not even made contact and wonder what the heck is going on..

Hope you enjoyed my over dramatization of TV reporting.. :)