Foot in Mouth disease

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Robertson's call to assassinate Chavez causes storm in Washington, Venezuela

Pat Robertson's call for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has caused an angry reaction in Washington, D.C. and beyond. The conservative U.S. evangelist and founder of the Christian Coalition said Monday night that Chavez represents a "terrific danger" to the United States.

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Robertson said.

"We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator," he continued. "It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with." More...

8O I thought this guy was Christian???????

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Jo Canadian said:
Robertson's call to assassinate Chavez causes storm in Washington, Venezuela

Pat Robertson's call for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has caused an angry reaction in Washington, D.C. and beyond. The conservative U.S. evangelist and founder of the Christian Coalition said Monday night that Chavez represents a "terrific danger" to the United States.

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Robertson said.

"We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator," he continued. "It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with." More...

8O I thought this guy was Christian???????

Oh, he IS (Christian. one of the fanatical varieties ). Amazing,isn't it??? American society has entered a whole new level of inhumanity. Who said ,that being "Christian " had anything to do with common sense and humanitarian code of ethics. Sick, isn't it??

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
He's obviously more of a "smite the people with great slaughter" type Christian, than a "love thy neighbour" type. There seems to be more money in it.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article9918.htm

Not exactly "foot in mouth disease"......as this bloke is serious.

Or is he saying openly , what some might be saying privately???

.........a religious extremist condemning religious extremism.... Isn't that the way it goes. They condemn and "fear" what they themselves are. CNN is having lots of fun with this one.....

(makes a timely little diversion from Cindy in Crawford. )

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
I noticed a story further down Jo's link on Robertson, regarding Eric Rudolph, the sociopath who set a bomb during the Atlanta Olympics, as well a further three at abortion clinics in the U.S.: I could be proved wrong, but I'm willing to wager that he considers himself a Christian (and a patriot, too, no doubt).

Jesus must be spinning in his grave at these people.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Hard-Luck Henry said:

Did'nt you forget. Jesus was put in a tomb, then was ressurected. Either way I think He's a little pissed and has filed in a name-change with the big guy.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Hard-Luck Henry said:
I noticed a story further down Jo's link on Robertson, regarding Eric Rudolph, the sociopath who set a bomb during the Atlanta Olympics, as well a further three at abortion clinics in the U.S.: I could be proved wrong, but I'm willing to wager that he considers himself a Christian (and a patriot, too, no doubt).

you ain't kidding. diverting for a moment.......but Jesus might be spinning just to realize what has been done in his name. ..since they tortured and crucified him. He sure did not plan all this to evolve into some fanatical religion. He taught simple humanitarian truths.... ........and some propaganda machinery of the age......decided to make it into a "religion"......and poor Jesus has not "rested" since.

*****back to topic. This silly chap is causing a stir and fanatics will follow........and his coffers will increase. (just as in any well oiled commercial enterprise) People can be such suckers.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Foot in Mouth disease

Hard-Luck Henry said:
He's obviously more of a "smite the people with great slaughter" type Christian, than a "love thy neighbour" type. There seems to be more money in it.

I bite ;-) HOW MANY varieties of "Christianity" are there??? :wink:

but I digress...... :roll:

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Just goes to show you how warped the christian fundemetalists in the states are and why the Neocons love them so much 8O This story is unfecking believable I would bet the money is just poring into his ministry too :evil:

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
What exactly has Chavez done wrong? nothing. But because he refuse's to be a puppet of USG and tow the USG line, he is reguarded as a bad man. :roll: He has helped his people and I think if Pat Robertson was a real man he should go down to Venezuela and say that. See how far he gets or lasts.

So called Christians (Kristians) like old Pat (and "W") is the problem in the world these days. They are both cowards who think war and violence is the only solutions.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
I see on the news this morning Donald Rumsfeld has said that the USG would not assassinate Chavez as it's illegal. So there you have it gang.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
I saw it too and I think it is a hiliarous statement. I could not believe he said that. Of course he won't say we are going to assisinate him.

I wonder where USG draws the line between legal and illegal? I guess its what suits them at the time.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I see this morning that Robertson is claiming he said "take him out", not kill him...but that's not what's on the tape.

I wonder how he would react if some foreign fundamentalist leader made a radio address suggesting they "take Bush out".....

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005
Whoever could believe anyhting that came from Rumsfeld? It would be laughable if it weren't such a tragic reflection of the state of things in the United States today.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

bevvyd said:
I see on the news this morning Donald Rumsfeld has said that the USG would not assassinate Chavez as it's illegal. So there you have it gang.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

that is just too funny. How he can say that with a straight face is beyond comprehension. The guy shoulda been an actor.

(like petty little legalities or killing people ever mattered to Rumsey ......sheesh) He is as phoney as a three dollar bill.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I don't get it... Pat Robertson is a known whacko, and like the majority of evangelists, he spews out garbage like this all the time. Why has the media chosen to pick up on this particular piece of stinking Robertson trash is beyond me. Perhaps a silly news tidbit to break the monotony of endless coffins returning from Iraq?

Typical media antics, blow up a story of zero value, giving a kind of credibility to a twit who has less than zero rights to any credibility at all. Such a circus, such a dance.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Well,he is a whacko, but you can bet your ass that if a foreign (say, middle eastern Islamic) fundamentalist called for Bush to be "taken out", then the US would be pretty vocal about it. So, fair's fair. And just perhaps the American people will realize that, just because some religious nut says something stupid, then maybe that thought isn't the official position of all adherents of that religion. But I doubt it: that thought process is too complex for the masses.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

TenPenny said:
Well,he is a whacko, but you can bet your ass that if a foreign (say, middle eastern Islamic) fundamentalist called for Bush to be "taken out", then the US would be pretty vocal about it. So, fair's fair. And just perhaps the American people will realize that, just because some religious nut says something stupid, then maybe that thought isn't the official position of all adherents of that religion. But I doubt it: that thought process is too complex for the masses.

If a foreign fundamentalist somebody called for Bush to be taken out, yes... but a foreign nobody? Hell, the US would have to forego all other work in order to keep up with all the foreign nobodies who vocalize their Bush death wishes. And that's the thing, Robertson is a nobody. If he had the official ear of the president, it would be one thing, but he is just a raving lunatic, not much removed from the man on the street corner ranting about the world coming to an end.

As for your second though, there is no way that the blindly-led masses, Americans or non-Americans, are able to recognize foreign fundamentalists as being no different than the homegrown variety. It is a sad thing, but nevertheless too true.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that is just too funny. How he can say that with a straight face is beyond comprehension. The guy shoulda been an actor.

If he was an actor (especially a 2nd rate one) - they'd have made him PRESIDENT!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now