US invasion into Canada....has it begun?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Twila said:
http://www.mytelus.com/news/article.do?pageID=bc_home&articleID=1992638
There are reports that Vancouver police have raided a pot seed business run by the head of the B.C. Marijuana Party -- and it appears as though it was ordered by the American government

would not be surprizing. the USG is determined to RUN CA and every other nation on this planet. They are prepared and willingly threaten (with guns etc....as missile pointed out) to get what they want and insinuate/muscle themselves into areas they don't belong. Just like a CANCER. Once it starts to spread, it is lethal and hard to stop.

(commentary: BASTARDS !! . Not that any expletive will change things...;-)---but is more of a frustration release. :wink:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: US invasion into Cana

The Americans likely took it. They aren't really big on the media reporting on the government down there the last few years.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

So did he break any laws in Canada? I think it be time to launch a bit of a protest about the insane amount of collusion between our law enforcement agencies and the jack-booted storm-troopers south of our border.

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
Marc has been breaking laws in this country for a long long time. He used to live in London and ran the very popular used/rare book store "City Lights" downtown (it's still around and doing well). Then he started with his public challenging of the pot laws and for a while was selling seedlings, seeds and the obvious headshop type stuff in a seperate shop after he sold City Lights (i believe to a partner or employee/friend).

As far as I am concerned, what he has done may be against both Canadian and U.S. law but the only people who have any right to speak of it are the authorities here and their decisions must not in any way be affected by the U.S. wanting to make a point, flex their muscle or what haveyou. That is overstepping their authority and I am disgusted that the judge actually went ahead with the warrent under these circumstances. :x :x In the U.S. I wouldn't think he stands a chance, hell, they jailed Tommy Chong for 9mths for having a pipe 8O I don't think he'd get off free and clear up here either, probably a few years (out in one) & probation or summat

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Not only did they nail Tommy Chong for having a pipe, but his pipes are very arguably works of art. They busted him because he was famous.

This is very definitely an over-stepping of the jurisdiction of the US though. Our police executed one of their warrants to arrest one of our citizens on an issue that is contentious at best and will have to extradite him so he can be charged under their laws and put into the most repressive prison system in the developed world.

They want to do all of this because the man believes that smoking a harmless plant should be legal.

If you've ever put a joint to your lips, get a hold of every politician you can think of in both countries. Tell them that making political prisoners out of people for growing a plant is ridiculous.

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005

Oh ya just know all hell is going to break loose if he gets extradited. Normally I'd say I couldn't see an extradition over it, particularly as it comes weeks after the tunnel incident and decades of a failing "war on drug", but I somehow doubt Martin is going to put his money where his mouth is on this one regarding our rights if it means embarassing Uncle George or contradicting his security plans.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Martin is the wrong pressure point right now. He's in minority, and he's on thin ice with his party. He had more power when he was Finance Minister than he has now.

Lean on your MP, and lean on every Liberal you have any influence with. Lean on the NDP to speak up. Lean on the Conservatives to shut up. Lean on sympathethic Americans to holler.

Letters are cheap, and e-mail is free. Start screaming now and maybe they won't haul you away in a black Ford later. What the hell?

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
those bastards think they are the moral authority of the world. Well they are morally bankrupt. Under no cirmustances should a Canadian be extradited to the U.S. for things that did not happen on American soil. These Americans have kidnapped our citizens before. One was driven to Florida for charges.. This man is a voice of reason in a contentious issue and deserves the full protection of our government and of our People. I will start writing to Politicians as I abhour this invasion on civil rights. I will stand in protest. Lets hear from politicians of conscience.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: US invasion into Canada....has it begun?

PoisonPete2 said:
those bastards think they are the moral authority of the world. Well they are morally bankrupt. Under no cirmustances should a Canadian be extradited to the U.S. for things that did not happen on American soil. These Americans have kidnapped our citizens before. One was driven to Florida for charges.. This man is a voice of reason in a contentious issue and deserves the full protection of our government and of our People. I will start writing to Politicians as I abhour this invasion on civil rights. I will stand in protest. Lets hear from politicians of conscience.

Indeed. Saw a bit on the news tonight , with a gathering group of protestors carrying banners: "US GO HOME". "US STAY AWAY "

Not enough for them USG types (and their illegal accomplices) to be dissing off just about every nation on this planet.......they now have to diss of their own neighbor. When it's own neighbor and supposed "friend" starts telling them Yanks to go hom .stay home. ........things are getting out of control. Just waiting for them yankie goons ( AKA gov't ) to start making their THREATS.

then they have the ignorant audacity to wonder why everyone despises them so much . They provoke others into anger , and then manipulate the issues so that it is the other guys fault. SICK. :twisted:

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005

Canada could always return the favour and start searching all U.S.-plated vehicles coming over the border and arresting the people with guns on board instead of confiscating them or sending the people back. Ermm we shoulda been doing this for the past few decades anyway.

hairball

Jul 25, 2005
Vancouver
This was right after ...
"Authorities in the United States have shut down a 360ft (120 metre) smuggling tunnel under the US-Canadian border.
Three people from British Columbia in Canada were arrested in the US and charged with drugs offences.
The tunnel, which emerged in the living room of a home on the US side, was the first to be discovered along the US-Canada border."

The tunnel has been filled up since. It was fairly sophisticated with lights and ventilation, lined with woold and reinforced with metal and concrete; a cart was used to transport people and drugs.

In downtown Vancouver, drug dealings have gone so bad that merchants have to hire private security guards to keep drug dealers away from their shops. When Police kicked them out of their usual haunts, they would just move to the next streets. Even if they are arrested, the judge will release them next day.
Walk down the famous Robson, Granville, Burrard streets, you are likely to find someone trying to sell you drugs.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
I'm all for legalization but it is still currently against the law to grow and sell pot. If he did sell seeds across the border, that's essentially sumggling, which is obviously a huge no no.

It would be a tremendous political statement for Canada to just let him go, but then they'd have to release every other pot convictee, and drop all other pending charges. I don't think that's likely to happen.

Politically, I wish Emery all the best. Legally, he's cooked himself up some hot water.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

If he broke the law, then he should be tried and serve his sentence here, JTF. This bullshit about our police serving an American warrant and then extraditing him to be tried in a US court and so he has to serve his sentence in a US prison is a travesty of justice.

It points out what a bunch of castrated sycophants our politicans are if they allow this to happen too.