K, can we stop the stupid air shows already!!!

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
MOOSE JAW, Sask. -- An American stunt pilot who thought his job was "more fun than the law should allow'' was killed along with a colleague Sunday in a fiery crash at Moose Jaw's annual air show.

Every year, every show, every time. Isn't it time we dumped the air shows? Yes, I am fascinated by how you can ALMOST fly in a perfect formation. Everybody run!

Even locally right here, a air show went wrong. Luckily the parts falling off the plane landed in the lake!! LUCKILY?????

I just don't see how it is entertainment anymore.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
No no no no no no I love airshows and a big part is the danger :wink: We should not stop.The planes are just to cool .Ilove them and take my kids down to see them all the time .Shit we even got singed a bit when a pyro display went awry.Didn't stop me from going again 8)

stratochief

Nominee Member
Jul 1, 2005
Why do you care? Don't attend. I don't. I also don't go to the opera or ballet. I don't care if others can be fascinated by 'the same dancing and singing' over and over but it's their choice. I also don't watch professional sports.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Re: RE: K, can we stop the stupid air shows already!!!

stratochief said:
Why do you care? Don't attend. I don't. I also don't go to the opera or ballet. I don't care if others can be fascinated by 'the same dancing and singing' over and over but it's their choice. I also don't watch professional sports.

Yes, but dozens of members of the public aren't incinerated and maimed when a ballet dancer fails to pull off a successful présage, are they chief?

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Yes, those who would like the shows stopped could stay home, but that won't stop things from going wrong, and people frome getting killed. It's just getting to a point that human lives are not worth the entertainment value of the show, [/i]if everything went right.

Now I am sure that a ballerina on ones lap could be delightful, if you weren't jabbed by a jutting hipbone or hit in the temple by a pointe shoe :p [/i]

stratochief

Nominee Member
Jul 1, 2005
Re: RE: K, can we stop the stupid air shows already!!!

Who are all these members of the public in Canada who were maimed and killed watching airshows? Probably more people were killed in traffic accidents driving to and from the opera and ballet.

Maybe Torontonians will demand the government open up an air show registry for attendees. It should only cost about 2 million dollars. Honest. Trust us.